Summer 2017 Transfers & Rumors Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Too many things I don't understand

1) Why would RBL keep a player a full season knowing he wanted out all summer and knowing he'll be leaving at the end of the season?
2) Why would Liverpool want to sign Lemar AND Keita while still not allowing Coutinho to leave?
3) Why Barca didn't go hard after Keita once they realized they were wasting their time with Coutinho and Liverpool? Or Lemar when it's known he's available?
4) Why Monaco are doing a firesale of their best players after a terrific start to the season? Do they have enough time to replace Lemar? Is Fabinho next? I'm a little disappointed their team was dismantled so fast.
5) WTF is going on with Arsenal? Why are Sanchez and Ozil still in this mess? They should ask for a transfer now.

Because Lemar and Ketia both have release clauses that allow them to leave, whereas Coutinho doesn't.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

1) Why would RBL keep a player a full season knowing he wanted out all summer and knowing he'll be leaving at the end of the season?
2) Why would Liverpool want to sign Lemar AND Keita while still not allowing Coutinho to leave?
3) Why Barca didn't go hard after Keita once they realized they were wasting their time with Coutinho and Liverpool? Or Lemar when it's known he's available?
4) Why Monaco are doing a firesale of their best players after a terrific start to the season? Do they have enough time to replace Lemar? Is Fabinho next? I'm a little disappointed their team was dismantled so fast.
5) WTF is going on with Arsenal? Why are Sanchez and Ozil still in this mess? They should ask for a transfer now.

1. They don't need the Money
2. Waiting a year for Keita let's them keep Coutinho one more year.
3. It's okay, they got Paulinho
4. It's their business model
5. Not touching that.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Good, Ox while he has his limitations, is an upgrade on Moses, who can now be the 1st backup to RWB and LWB, with Azpilicueta being the 4th option.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ox is going to Chelsea.
Mustafi loaned out to Inter.
Arsenal board won't sanction Lemar deal.

What a colossal mess.
Clearly a team that doesn't have any ambitions under Gazidis, Wenger, and anybody else who agree with them. Even throw in Kroenke there, but with his limited knowledge I doubt he knows anything except to trust his staff. A staff which will NEVER overpay for anyone except horrible signings like Mustafi and Xhaka. I don't think Mustafi was bad by any degree, but lost a lot of confidence in how Wenger treated him. We saw it the same way with Joel Campbell who is EPL worthy, but is always on loan in remote regions of the Earth.

I never really thought Lemar was a realistic signing but I'm extremely excited at the possibility.

Boy would Arsenal be sour. Get shredded one day and then get your top target taken by the same team the next.
I wouldn't be sour because if we had some competence, Arsenal would have already decided to pay and sign Lemar a month ago.

I think Pulisic will mostly play on the right whereas Yarmolenko should/could play on the left
Yarmolenko is a decent player, he should give BVB a good attacking option even if he's not at Dembele's level.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'm enjoying Arsenal's strategy of selling all their depth three days before the window shuts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy ****ing ****, how terrible is this?

Granted his contract was going to expire, but the 24 year old Ox deal is worth around £35 million, while a 27 year old Sigurdsson went for £45 million. You cannot make this **** up. Ox doesn't have his technical skills, however he's more mobile, the better dribbler, and better in creating plays and he goes for ten million pounds less.

What a **** club.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Granted his contract was going to expire, but the 24 year old Ox deal is worth around £35 million, while a 27 year old Sigurdsson went for £45 million. You cannot make this **** up. Ox doesn't have his technical skills, however he's more mobile, the better dribbler, and better in creating plays and he goes for ten million pounds less.

What a **** club.

Sigurdsson produces more goals and assists.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

What a **** club.

Can't really compare price alone without knowing the terms. It's possible Chelsea offered more up front compared to Everton.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The curious thing about AOC to me is that it was reported Arsenal wouldn't sell to a rival like Liverpool. And then he winds up at Chelsea? Alrighty then.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Ooof feel bad for the RedBull players. Not sure how Naby is going to perform now knowing he is getting his dream move for next summer.
With all due respect, his dreams probably don't end at Anfield. He'll have goals beyond that to work for, and if he has the right attitude, wasting a year of work isn't even an option.

He'd be pure emergency depth, a warm body to cover minutes in games that are less important to keep the other guys fresh for big matches or for when the schedule gets crazy.
That's not the type of situation Bayern is looking to loan him to. That's the kind of situation we're looking to get him out of for a year/two.

1) :help: Because he's a very good and important player for a team looking to establish itself as a big club in Germany/Europe, and they don't need the money? What's not to understand?
2) Why would they want to have more quality players that don't play on the same position? I can't follow the question.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The curious thing about AOC to me is that it was reported Arsenal wouldn't sell to a rival like Liverpool. And then he winds up at Chelsea? Alrighty then.

I don't think Liverpool and Arsenal will ever do business together. Arsenal has a better business relationship with Chelsea.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
With all due respect, his dreams probably don't end at Anfield. He'll have goals beyond that to work for, and if he has the right attitude, wasting a year of work isn't even an option.

That's not the type of situation Bayern is looking to loan him to. That's the kind of situation we're looking to get him out of for a year/two.

1) :help: Because he's a very good and important player for a team looking to establish itself as a big club in Germany/Europe, and they don't need the money? What's not to understand?
2) Why would they want to have more quality players that don't play on the same position? I can't follow the question.

I meant it as his dream right now is a move to Anfield. will he be there in say 5 years, who knows but now this is what he wants

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't think Liverpool and Arsenal will ever do business together. Arsenal has a better business relationship with Chelsea.

That's pretty crazy but I guess understandable. Still surprised they would rather sell to a local rival.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

A report was that since they believe Chelsea is a top 4 lock, they didn't want to make Liverpool stronger.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I meant it as his dream right now is a move to Anfield. will he be there in say 5 years, who knows but now this is what he wants

He's still a professional though, and probably has some drive to actually win games, compete for trophies and look to make impressions in the CL with his actual teammates. If he's treating the season as a write-off just because his future a year from now is settled, that would probably not impress his future coaches, whatsoever.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Ox and Sigurdsson are both overpayments. I'm not confident that Ox will be better than Moses at RWB, but he is more flexible I guess.

Wimmer to Stoke btw.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't like this move for Liverpool if they paid full price (haven't read anything about a discount).
There's no telling if Keita will be worth 80M€ in a year if he doesn't play all that well. He could also be injured badly.
This was made to save face for both Liverpool and Leipzig, but it's not a move I find smart for Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad