Summer '15 Thread II (All Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Teemu Selänne had pretty bad leg-related injuries, at one point rendering him to crawl to the bench during his youth career as he was unable to skate. Happened around the age of 13. The story is told in the book Teemu written by his father Ilmari. Selänne missed also 10 months in his Finnish top division debut season. I guess his next bad injury in Winnipeg also made it easier to trade him later on... Selänne was also about finished until lockout season surgery saved his career. The doctor told him to enjoy it while it lasts.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
This is a bit like saying that we've had two bitterly cold winters in Columbus in a row, so obviously we're in an extended deep freeze that is going to lead to temperatures on par with the Chosin Reservoir campaign, and only those who have enough body hair to be confused with a yak or water buffalo are going to survive it, so everyone else should stop procreating because their children stand no chance of making it out of infancy.

This went off the rails long ago and doesn't make any sense, making it a perfectly-suited followup.

I don't think there's any real reason to be concerned with Ryan Murray. The fact is, when he came back from the major injury, he looked great and seemed to be over it. Then someone rolled on his ankle.

You can't call someone injury prone with luck like that. He had one significant injury that kept him out for awhile ... he's over it, and he's going to be fantastic this year.

Unless someone rolls on his other ankle.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm very aware of the bolded part; perhaps no one knows this better than I do. It helps if the initial point prompting the gang-slam was correct or even defensible, which in this case it is not. This is what separates your situation now from any one of mine.

I take solace in the fact that you are totally sarcastic here.

thebus2288*

Besides age, we've had these SAME EXACT talks about Umberger and Wiz. I was supposedly completely wrong about their skills and value around the league. They would never be moved since they were "important" people in the looker room and had movement clauses. Many times the "knights and lady of the round table" attempted to demean me and really believed they were, for a lack of better term, right. Now, a short time later these 2 guys will prolly both be out of the league in 2 years. Probably completely off base there too, huh?

We did have these talks. Now, as I've been accused or mislabeled in the past as a "martyr" or that I "think I know more than everybody", I want to make it clear that I understand I'm not the only person who felt that way about all 3 of these guys. What I do claim to be, is 1 of the very few people who is not afraid to not wait for the "hivemind" to change, or to get the "ok" from the "elders" before they are vocal about their disdain for players who at the very least, are greatly underperforming, either overall as just an NHL player (Umby, Wennberg) or because of the opportunity and overall impact they (Wiz) have, both good and BAD.

Now, You guys(**disclaimer**not everyone, just the people that feel this way**disclaimer**) have such issues with the contract Buff hasn't even gotten yet and the 1 Greene has now, and yet you didn't have a problem with Wiz and Umberger finishing out their contracts here? That was a question. I haven't made my excel sheet yet on all you're personal feelings. What seems to be missing out of all this is, JUST HOW GOOD OF HOCKEY PLAYERS BUFF AND GREENE ARE RIGHT NOW. And they both play a game that will not deteriorate quickly. Buff's toughness, size and shot isn't going away anytime soon. If anything, at this point, is when he will (COULD) start to clean up his defensive game, which is practically the only thing holding back Buff from being a LEGIT top 10 d man in the league. Greene plays the game like many other "smooth" defenseman that can easily play well into their late 30's. Like Buff being able to get smarter defensively now as he gets older, Greene isn't going to lose his "smart's", which is essentially his "best" overall quality. Bottom line is that (IMO) there are years (4+ easy) to go before either 1 of these guys could even possibly be a detriment to a team the way that most/some/whatever of you have been "ok" with on our team very recently.

We are also still 1 of the top 5 or so youngest teams in the league. I do that trade for Greene because I don't think he is on his "tail end" of his career, at all. Even though I prolly would trade Wennberg for Buff before the yr for "just" a year of him, I would only do the trade at the deadline if we had talks with Buff or if he was already signed. I don't know what to tell you, if you wouldn't trade Wennberg for a signed Buff around 6 mil a year. There probably isn't anything I can tell you. If any of you ever come through mid Michigan for vacation, or TC prospect camp, or an OHL game later in the year, get ahold of me on here. I'd love to meet up for a drop in/shinny and teach a few things (if you can skate).

With that said, I make these moves because I really believe this team is ready NOW to "contend" for whatever there is to "contend" for. Guys like Dubi, Foligno, Hartnel, Tyutin, Johnson and Campbell didn't waive clauses and sign long term contracts in Columbus to wait for Wennberg, Milano, Carlsson, Werenski, etc. to be ready (if ever) to be "impact" NHL players. They were here last year and the year before, at least, to WIN. That would just be increased more with a guy that that fits nearly perfect and is or nearly all-star level like both Buff and Greene, even though they play quite different games.

I don't know what to tell you if you don't think this team can "open the window" this year after it was slammed shut by injuries last year, maybe go root for the PENS with the other Ohio fans you slam all the time. You can come back when their window closes and this 1 opens up.

Insert :sarcasm: or ;) when necessary.

thebus2288*

:thumbu:
Johansen - Brandon/ Nick - Jenner - Campbell our C axis like stone without "Pavel Filatov":sarcasm: I can't say same about our D, if Murray sucks again...:help:

Murray suck again, it may become the trend of new season, after which we will hear no talk of an extension his contract, we will hear talk about his retirement because of constant injuries.

Ya know I love u russkies and all, and you guys seem to have my back on stuff quite a bit, and I'd rather read what you guys have to say over Don Cherry rants anyday, but this Murray stuffs gotta stop. Without trying to sound like past Umby/Wiz fanboys...HES AWESOME! But really, he is, an awesome, hockey player.

Can we all agree that Swedish Brule works? I kept throwing in Nekande(Swedish for "minus") recently, but nobody seemed to notice :(

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Now, as I've been accused or mislabeled in the past as a "martyr" or that I "think I know more than everybody", I want to make it clear that I understand I'm not the only person who felt that way about all 3 of these guys. What I do claim to be, is 1 of the very few people who is not afraid to not wait for the "hivemind" to change, or to get the "ok" from the "elders"

I'll assume this is a place where you meant to use a sarcasm smilie, since in one sentence you claim to be mislabled a martyr and then in the next you cast yourself as one.

Still waiting for evidence of the opinions you claim I hold from the previous post. You know, the one where you specifically quoted me, that I was part of a group ganging up on you, and in which you replied that "you guys" held said opinions.

thebus2288*

Still waiting for evidence of the opinions you claim I hold from the previous post. You know, the one where you specifically quoted me, that I was part of a group ganging up on you, and in which you replied that "you guys" held said opinions.

Now, You guys(**disclaimer**not everyone, just the people that feel this way**disclaimer**)

You must have missed my more recent "disclaimer", although It prolly has more to do with you actually being a "you guy" than actually missing it...

Wennberg+ for Buff? That is HORRIBLE.

Also wants to do Wennberg ++++ for Greene.

And all I said regarding "you" specifically is that I made sure people realized that the "++++" I had added along with Wennberg were all easily replaceable.

I'll assume this is a place where you meant to use a sarcasm smilie, since in one sentence you claim to be mislabled a martyr and then in the next you cast yourself as one.

Lady Gaga and Kesha have 10's of millions of fans, many who practically love them. They also have 10's of thousands of critics, people who think their "music" is terrible, and people who simply think their "existence" is a complete detriment to humanity.

Are those 10's of thousands of people "martyrs" or "smart"?

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Ya know I love u russkies and all, and you guys seem to have my back on stuff quite a bit, and I'd rather read what you guys have to say over Don Cherry rants anyday, but this Murray stuffs gotta stop. Without trying to sound like past Umby/Wiz fanboys...HES AWESOME! But really, he is, an awesome, hockey player.
I don't deny Murray is awesome hockey player on the paper or in the hospital, i just want he proved that he is awesome on the ice and better in the Blue Jackets roster.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
And all I said regarding "you" specifically is that I made sure people realized that the "++++" I had added along with Wennberg were all easily replaceable.

So you're saying that, in a post where you quote me along with two other posters, and which you begin by addressing us collectively, and in which you later accuse that collective of conspiring against you, that your reference to "you guys" wasn't intended to be about the same collective?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
So you're saying that, in a post where you quote me along with two other posters, and which you begin by addressing us collectively, and in which you later accuse that collective of conspiring against you, that your reference to "you guys" wasn't intended to be about the same collective?

Huh, what??? :laugh:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I don't deny Murray is awesome hockey player on the paper or in the hospital, i just want he proved that he is awesome on the ice and better in the Blue Jackets roster.

Umm, don't we all? Is there any value in saying that we want him healthy?

thebus2288*

The issue here is you claim to not be one of "these guys", however all the "evidence" seems to argue that pretty well....

Huh, what??? :laugh:

I think you need to read it in parts first, then collectively to understand the collective thought process. :laugh:

And here I thought it was too early in the morning to be drinking that heavily.

thebus2288*

Since we're not getting an upgrade on D(and I'm personally ok with that) does anybody else here wanna see a Murray-Savard, Johnson-Tyutin top 4?

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Since we're not getting an upgrade on D(and I'm personally ok with that) does anybody else here wanna see a Murray-Savard, Johnson-Tyutin top 4?

I'm fine with that. I don't think Savard and Johnson showed perfect chemistry or anything, so I would be fine with different combinations. I think Tyutin struggled when next to Prout, so that would be my one pair that I would want to keep away from each other. I think we will continue to see a huge growth from Savard - ideally I would think he and Murray could be a huge anchor for the team going forward.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
You all know where I stand with Savard. No I don't really want to see that. However, through the magic of Internet forums there happens to be an entire thread dedicated to lines in which defensive pairings would be an appropriate discussion.

This is, most likely, going to be what we have going into camp. I'm ok with it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Ideally, my starting lineup would look something like

Murray-Savard
Johnson-Goloubef
Tyutin-Paliotta
Prout

I don't want the bottom pair to a constant rotating door of Dmen. I really hope Golo can solidify himself this season. And really it's a toss up between Paliotta, Connauton and Prout.

sorum2

Aug 6, 2010
What about Markus Soberg? He starts training camp with Windsor Spitfires (OHL) today, but he`s overage I think. Will he be invited to CBJ training camp medio september?, and were will he play this season?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
What about Markus Soberg? He starts training camp with Windsor Spitfires (OHL) today, but he`s overage I think. Will he be invited to CBJ training camp medio september?, and were will he play this season?

After a somewhat disappointing season he'll likely be back in Windsor

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

You don't remember the 66 games he played in 2013-14?

He's basically had two injuries that had long recovery times, one of which occurred in junior. This idea that he's injury prone is silly, yet people keep believing it. I understand it's troubling, but this is not someone who's had several injuries in a short period of time.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You don't remember the 66 games he played in 2013-14?

He's basically had two injuries that had long recovery times, one of which occurred in junior. This idea that he's injury prone is silly, yet people keep believing it. I understand it's troubling, but this is not someone who's had several injuries in a short period of time.

He had two long stretches out with injury last year. Not one. Two. Add to that missing the first 7 and most of the games at the end of the year. And 66 games the year prior is still well short of 82, as you know. Whether this pattern of injury continues who knows. But to this point, he has been remarkably injury prone.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
He had two long stretches out with injury last year. Not one. Two. Add to that missing the first 7 and most of the games at the end of the year. And 66 games the year prior is still well short of 82, as you know. Whether this pattern of injury continues who knows. But to this point, he has been remarkably injury prone.

One. It's the same injury that was aggravated. While he was cleared to play, it seems to me that no one cleared to play is truly 100% so these aren't really separate distinct events.

There's no pattern, nor is he 'injury prone' by any accepted definition of the term. This is a false construct by some CBJ fans for whatever reason. Maybe it's the memory of Klesla. Now there was a guy who was injury prone. To me, injury prone means frequent injuries or easy to injure. Murray had a knee issue and a shoulder. Once repaired, the shoulder was no longer a problem and he played rather well. The knee issue was troubling for how long it lingered and then of course, the freak aggravation of it at the end of last season. Still - same injury.

I would argue that Boone Jenner is 'injury prone' more than I would Ryan Murray. Length of time missed to injuries has nothing to do with frequency in Murray's case.

Many are way too quick to label these guys based on very limited data, IMO. Again, Klesla hangover, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad