Summer '15 Thread II (All Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
After the Saad trade, FA is just about out of the question. There aren't any significant d upgrades that are ufa, and if we sign a guy like franson, we won't have the funds to get a real upgrade next summer.

Buff is available, no question. I floated Tyutin, Atkinson, and Rychel, which I think is a realistic offer. And the salary is a wash - even more important now that we have yet another expensive forward.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I don't understand Cam being included in all of these proposals. Everyone must really want Clarkson in our top 6. I don't think that's wise.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't understand Cam being included in all of these proposals. Everyone must really want Clarkson in our top 6. I don't think that's wise.

I agree. Cam is a convenient guy to add but unless Bjorkstrand is ready I think we have to keep Cam at this point unless the return is too good to turn down. For example if a guy like Shattenkirk could be had and Cam had to be in the deal then I think you have to suck it up and move a couple guys around till OB's ready. Not ideal but no way does anyone want Clarkson in the top 6.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's a good bet that Foligno and or Jenner move to right wing.

The wing listed on the roster is not that important, and sometimes misleading.

In any case getting a top pair d is vastly more important than who plays second line rw.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I agree. Cam is a convenient guy to add but unless Bjorkstrand is ready I think we have to keep Cam at this point unless the return is too good to turn down. For example if a guy like Shattenkirk could be had and Cam had to be in the deal then I think you have to suck it up and move a couple guys around till OB's ready. Not ideal but no way does anyone want Clarkson in the top 6.

I would put Big Buff in that category, too.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
It's a good bet that Foligno and or Jenner move to right wing.

The wing listed on the roster is not that important, and sometimes misleading.

In any case getting a top pair d is vastly more important than who plays second line rw.

Foligno is already on the right thanks to the Saad trade. And I'd prefer not to have rookies or plugs in the top 6 which is what will still happen in your scenario.

I'd like a top D as well, but not at the expense of poking holes in the top 6. We finally have a legit group there and I'm not going to ruin it already.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Foligno is already on the right thanks to the Saad trade. And I'd prefer not to have rookies or plugs in the top 6 which is what will still happen in your scenario.

I'd like a top D as well, but not at the expense of poking holes in the top 6. We finally have a legit group there and I'm not going to ruin it already.

Legit top six Fs:
joey
hartnell
foligno
saad
dubi
cam
jenner

Legit top pair D:
Murray if we're lucky.

7 top six fs, maybe 1 top pair d.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Just a thought... if we can't keep Letestu, I'd target Arcobello - the Yotes didn't qualify him so he's a UFA. Seems like a good substitute. A little bit smaller, but similar skillset, is four years younger, and seems to have the same knack for putting up decent amounts of points in thin times (for example, his performance in Arizona). And his possession numbers are either just as good or even better, from what I can see.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Just a thought... if we can't keep Letestu, I'd target Arcobello - the Yotes didn't qualify him so he's a UFA. Seems like a good substitute. A little bit smaller, but similar skillset, is four years younger, and seems to have the same knack for putting up decent amounts of points in thin times (for example, his performance in Arizona). And his possession numbers are either just as good or even better, from what I can see.

Like.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Legit top six Fs:
joey
hartnell
foligno
saad
dubi
cam
jenner

Legit top pair D:
Murray if we're lucky.

7 top six fs, maybe 1 top pair d.

Yep, and I'd like to keep all of our legit top 6 forwards.

Developing a top D-man from within or signing someone who can bolster the top 4 at a reasonable cost is my preferred method to selling off more assets.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
@reporterchris: Artem Anisimov's five-year extension with #blackhawks carries a $4.55M AAV. Kicks in next summer.

Arty gets paid

Tony Quinn

May 20, 2014
I'd absolutely include Atkinson in a trade for Byfuglien without hesitation. I'm probably in the minority here but I don't consider Atkinson a top 6 player. I think he does his best work playing on the 3rd and 4th lines.

I could easily live with Rychel/Milano/OB/Anderson playing in Atkinson's place if it meant Byfuglien is added to the defense.

The top 2 lines could be:
Saad/Johansen/Foligno
Hartnell/Dubisnky/Jenner

and then fill out the bottom 2 lines with Wenneberg, Clarkson, Calvert, Borque, Letestu(if they re-sign him), Boll, Karlson and the above mentioned group of rookies.

D would look like:
Buff/ Murray
JJ/Savard
Tyutin/ Connauton
then Goloubef/Prout/Falk etc.

That roster looks better than any lineup that includes Atkinson and no Byfuglien.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I still prefer we do nothing on defense, other than a 1 year deal, and see what we have. If we decide we need someone, we can make a trade at the TD. I'd like to see how Savard, Goloubef, Paliotta, etc.... play first. I don't want to get a guy with term when we have young guys on the way up. That is the reason I hated the Clarkson trade and am glad we didn't give Anisimov the deal that Chicago apparently just gave him.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Now that Dano is gone, I see Atkinson filling in nicely on a line with Hartnell and Wennberg to start. Wennberg has nice vision and with his projected improvement, I see Cam getting lots of goal-scoring chances. Cam will have to be the spark plug that he showed when he was playing with Matty a couple of years ago.

This line could play a little more protected minutes against weaker competition, as the more shut-down line could then be Jenner - Dubi - Clarkson. Sign Letestu and that line would also be defensively responsible.

Saad - Joey - Captain
Jenner - Dubi - Clarkson
Hartnell - Wennberg - Cam
Matty Ice - Letestu - Bourque/Boll

tl;dr - keep Cam

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Now that Dano is gone, I see Atkinson filling in nicely on a line with Hartnell and Wennberg to start. Wennberg has nice vision and with his projected improvement, I see Cam getting lots of goal-scoring chances. Cam will have to be the spark plug that he showed when he was playing with Matty a couple of years ago.

This line could play a little more protected minutes against weaker competition, as the more shut-down line could then be Jenner - Dubi - Clarkson. Sign Letestu and that line would also be defensively responsible.

Saad - Joey - Captain
Jenner - Dubi - Clarkson
Hartnell - Wennberg - Cam
Matty Ice - Letestu - Bourque/Boll

tl;dr - keep Cam

Clarkson on the 2nd line? NO THANKS!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
We have to find a way to get rid of Clarkson. It isn't so much how much he makes, but the fact that he takes a spot from a younger player who should be playing. Not necessarily now, but probably at some point this year or next. I know why Columbus traded Horton for him, but that is why I wouldn't have.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Pretty weak group overall obviously. Don't really care who goes where in the typical "I hope he doesn't go to the enemy" way. There might be more interest in these players from teams wanting to reach the floor than playoff level teams, if said players are interested in more in money than destination.

Don't really need forwards and there isn't anyone on defense that I'm interested it. There was already so much cap related movement in the NHL, it will likely dwarf anything in the UFA period (trade and definitely signings).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
@reporterchris: Artem Anisimov's five-year extension with #blackhawks carries a $4.55M AAV. Kicks in next summer.

Arty gets paid

Arty for 5 at 4.55
Dano at least 2 once his deal expires

That's 6.55 - isn't that what Saad allegedly wanted? Or is it 2 guys for the price of one? seems a bit strange doesn't it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad