Post-Game Talk: Sully's security blankees fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I mean the loss yesterday stings because of missed opportunity in standings (and it being the Caps), but it’s just one game at the end of the day.

If they win today I feel good about where we’re headed with Dumo and Marino back. If not, there may be signs that the big losing streak was a harbinger of what’s to come and not an aberration.
its not one game...look all the stats for the last 20 games...Pens are pretty much bottom third team in the league in every category...this is a deep hole they need to climb out...they need a spark from any place they can get...goaltending...secondary scoring, stars cranking up a notch, puck luck, effort, skating back in transition....we need thirteen maybe fourteen points in the next 15 games...I am not sure we are lock to go .500 the rest of the schedule with the way things are trending...

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Im just going to posit that our having rolled only three lines for most of the year (playing a L4 only 5-7 minutes) is a major factor in our drop off the last 20 games or so...whatever you blame for that—Sully, JR, the injuries—I think that’s more a factor in our play the last six weeks then Sid being only 70% or whatever, or any individual player...I’d suggest our bottom six lack of production from Blueger, Tanev, McCann etc account from them being overplayed for most of the year...again, I don’t see a solution to turning this around if that’s the case, unless Sully is willing to alter a speed based system, because I don’t think we have the energy to play the way Sully wants successfully most nights anymore, or all three periods a game

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Since we have no GDT...you know when the media is asking about Jake during the stretch run that they seriously doubt the Pens chances without him...lol

OswaldBates

Dec 31, 2019
Give me a break. No one forced JR to acquire Sheary. It was a horrible from the second it was announced. But what do you expect from a guy that’s literally been stale for 5 years. His great trades were made many many years ago.
Right Beavis

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I know the team played awful yesterday but MM was just as bad. The 2nd and 3rd goals were saveable. I can only remember 1 game this season where MM truly stood on his head and saved us. He's not reliable anymore.

Give Jarry more starts.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just want Riikola in. It doesn't matter if it's for JJ, Schultz or Petts. They're all dramatically worse players than Riikola is right now.

He won't play though, we all know that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know the team played awful yesterday but MM was just as bad. The 2nd and 3rd goals were saveable. I can only remember 1 game this season where MM truly stood on his head and saved us. He's not reliable anymore.

Give Jarry more starts.

Yes, Murray isn't reliable because he didn't....checks notes.....make saves on 1-timers from guys who were left wide open in the slot/backdoor and saves on cross ice feeds on odd-man breaks. How unreliable!

If you think Jarry would have done any better yesterday than Murray, you're living in a fantasy land. Not even prime Dominik Hasek gives up fewer than 3 goals that game.

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Give Jarry more starts.

Murray would have had to absolutely steal that game to win. The Penguins were horrendous outside of a handful of third period minutes.

Reactions: Patric Hornqvist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad