Sudbury Wolves 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You think Musty will be a late 2nd rounder? Seen most have him in the lower half of the first round right now. That'd take a pretty bad season to fall that low I think
#60 seems like a safe not so homer like projection, yet still a high pick. I just chose that # to match his point total that I guessed at; and, point out that I liked Musty a lot more than someone that has Pharrand similar to Musty; and, casually slip in that I believe Musty is a better NHL prospect than Goyette.
Supposedly, it will be a great draft year for the NHL. How many OHL players can go in round 1; Ritchie, Alllen, Barlow, maybe an import, perhaps a late birth that I am over looking…?

Last edited:

CanadienColt

Jul 6, 2022
As a BC fan, Sudbury is an interesting team to follow. Part of the reason is that you guys, similar to BC, have so much up and coming talent.

- Your '04 group had 3 players that finished in top 10 rookie scoring last year. That's quite the accomplishment.
- Your '05 group had 2 players (Musty & Assadourian) that finished top 10 in rookie scoring for their age group last year as well. Assdourian is a player that gets very little recognition, maybe because of Musty (1st overall), but every time I've seen him play, i've been very impressed. On top of that, you also have Pharrand and Mania, who I think will all have a solid year as well.
- I'm sure your rookie class of Villeneuve & Walton will do well this year.

The difficulty that you have is what do you do with your older players who aren't quite as good. You will need to find time to play these younger age groups in order to develop them to make a run in the next couple of years.

The East is going to be very competitive this year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
As a BC fan, Sudbury is an interesting team to follow. Part of the reason is that you guys, similar to BC, have so much up and coming talent.
The difficulty that you have is what do you do with your older players who aren't quite as good. You will need to find time to play these younger age groups in order to develop them to make a run in the next couple of years.

The East is going to be very competitive this year.
The younger players on the wolves played as much or more last season than than the younger players on any other OHL team. That netted the wolves a lottery pick. I think that what the wolves need now is develop the younger players in a timely fashion, in a competitive setting.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
HEre is how i view the roster

LWCRWLDRDG
DelicGoyetteKonyenHolmesCollinsRanger
MustyMcCallumBoudreauRobinsonManiaGaulton
DeGraziaLarmandPharandHooverAnania
AssadourianVilleneuveDerbidgeLarkinBishop
WaltonSimpsonWalton

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Agreed McCallum is pk and 4th line.A checking line ofMc Callum,Boudreau and Larmand would be formidable

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Agreed McCallum is pk and 4th line.A checking line ofMc Callum,Boudreau and Larmand would be formidable
I mostly agree, but a formidable checking line/PK TOI would be roughly 2nd line minutes more often than not. I sure hope Walton-Assadourian-Pharrand or Debidge TOI don’t equal the top six of the top teams.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

LWCRWLDRDG
WaltonSimpsonWalton
Up front, Degrazia and Larmand higher up, McCallum and Boudreau lower. The whole fourth line could likely move up as the season goes on. On defense, Robinson shouldn’t play more than definately Anania and maybe Hoover. Not sure that he’ll be back. In goal, its likely that Rossi will be joining that depth chart

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Mccallum will def have to earn his spot on the roster this year. Hopefully he surprises at camp. Would really help boost this roster. If not, the Wolves need to move him

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
Up front, Degrazia and Larmand higher up, McCallum and Boudreau lower. The whole fourth line could likely move up as the season goes on. On defense, Robinson shouldn’t play more than definately Anania and maybe Hoover. Not sure that he’ll be back. In goal, its likely that Rossi will be joining that depth chart
Goulton is already signed and the wolves are to cheap to have him signed for a school package and not playing

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Mccallum will def have to earn his spot on the roster this year. Hopefully he surprises at camp. Would really help boost this roster. If not, the Wolves need to move him
Am I the only one who thinks that he's due for a big year. His style of play will become more valuable as he's gotten older and stronger. Needs to stay out of the box but still play with that edge!

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Am I the only one who thinks that he's due for a big year. His style of play will become more valuable as he's gotten older and stronger. Needs to stay out of the box but still play with that edge!
His style of play? Mediocre with the puck, bad defensively, and takes dumb penalties. I don't think any player on the team has gotten more chances with less production.

Last edited:

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Oh I lean your way more than to the negative side. He just needs to fulfill the potential that is there. I can see why a lot of fans get frustrated by his play. If he can find his game he would probably be a valuable piece in a playoff run. I think the start of the year will show if he is ready to help this team or not

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I don't lean your way! We should do whatever we can to move him imo.
Are you sure? Might not get much for a 19 yr that is deemed not useful enough to start the season for the wolves. And it leaves the team with Konyen & Pharrand at RW.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

LWCRWLDRDG
WaltonSimpsonWalton
Here is how I view it.

Delic Goyette Konyen
Musty Pharand Boudreau
DeGrazia Larmand McCallum
Derbidge Villeneuve Assadourian
Walton Lisle

Simpson proved to be a bad signing by the Wolves in the games I saw him play. Unless he drastically improved his physical fitness and skating I just don't see him getting a head any of these other guys. Especially if the Wolves find an import to report.

Holmes Collins
Hoover Mania
Anania Bishop
Larkin

D.Robinson is not a good fit for this team. We need a better OA defender. Look for the Wolves to find one much more valuable to this D core unless of course an import reports.

Ranger
Gaulton
Rossi unsigned I doubt he sees any ice here or even shows up at training camp.

WJ

P.S. Who else may be attending as a free agent that may surprise? And Cochrane if he comes to camp may be someone who pushes for a spot on defence.

I'm still disappointed that he didn't sign any imports. Especially since I saw Missy signing their two picks today.

Reactions: howlman

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Here is how I view it.

Delic Goyette Konyen
Musty Pharand Boudreau
DeGrazia Larmand McCallum
Derbidge Villeneuve Assadourian
Walton Lisle

Simpson proved to be a bad signing by the Wolves in the games I saw him play. Unless he drastically improved his physical fitness and skating I just don't see him getting a head any of these other guys. Especially if the Wolves find an import to report.

Holmes Collins
Hoover Mania
Anania Bishop
Larkin

D.Robinson is not a good fit for this team. We need a better OA defender. Look for the Wolves to find one much more valuable to this D core unless of course an import reports.

Ranger
Gaulton
Rossi unsigned I doubt he sees any ice here or even shows up at training camp.

WJ

P.S. Who else may be attending as a free agent that may surprise? And Cochrane if he comes to camp may be someone who pushes for a spot on defence.

I'm still disappointed that he didn't sign any imports. Especially since I saw Missy signing their two picks today.
I hope one of Rossi or Morrow come to camp and outright earn a spot and impress. Going forward Wolves could have a nice tandem with Gaulton

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I cannot imagine Pharrand as a centre in the top six until the deadline at the earliest; and, Boudreau as anything other than an effective checking line (LW). Imo, if Boudreau-Larmand-MacCallum-Robinson-Mania cannot be trusted to minimize the damage done by opposition top lines for ~17 min/g move all but the certain OAs for next season, and concentrate on 2024-25.
I would not rule out next season, building around the 2005 born just seems a much easier path. I think the wolves would need to add yet another OA goalie and a top pairing D just to get in the contender conversation for next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad