Sudbury Wolves 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
This teams building process reminds me of the new arena plan, are we looking at 23 24 25 26 for a contender. Just go and watch good hockey, enjoy all the players and if we contend at some point great.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not what I believe the lines will be, but what I think could keep the better but not ready for big minute players healthy and fresh enough for a playoff push.
DeGrazia-Goyette-Musty
Boudreau-Larmand-MacCallum
Delic-Villneuve-Konyen
Walton-Pharrand-Assadourian

Reactions: Wolfgang Puck

sameoldwolves

Aug 24, 2022
I am not sure about Debridge as he hardly played last year and I seriously question his hockey sense. Assadourian got a lot more leash and showed some promise. There is always a surprise at camp so lets see what happens. The coaching staff did a terrible job at getting everyone involved in games and ran the big line into the ground. Even in games that were out of reach, it's impossible to tell how guys have progressed when they are stapled to the bench.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I am not sure about Debridge as he hardly played last year and I seriously question his hockey sense. Assadourian got a lot more leash and showed some promise. There is always a surprise at camp so lets see what happens. The coaching staff did a terrible job at getting everyone involved in games and ran the big line into the ground. Even in games that were out of reach, it's impossible to tell how guys have progressed when they are stapled to the bench.
I thought Debridge got hurt! Thought that was why he missed a bunch of time!

Reactions: cub

Just admiring

Nov 2, 2019
No imports showing up, they'll have a bit more budget to use then usual lol
No imports last year and we got stuck with lemaire because he was under contract. Should've been morrow or rossi backing up last year to prepare for this year but wolves are cheap. Gaulton will be back up this year

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It worked out really well for Weeks.
I think Zullich over estimated the return on new wolves ownership, ability of the GM, and having his way with arena build. Blaine Smith was better at the business of hockey than any current wolves employee imo.
But it’s hard to complain right now considering no playoff revenue 2020, no season 2020-21, and average attendance of 2160 last season.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
No imports last year and we got stuck with lemaire because he was under contract. Should've been morrow or rossi backing up last year to prepare for this year but wolves are cheap. Gaulton will be back up this year

Dominik Jendek- Import last year

CanadienColt

Jul 6, 2022
Not what I believe the lines will be, but what I think could keep the better but not ready for big minute players healthy and fresh enough for a playoff push.
DeGrazia-Goyette-Musty
Delic-Villneuve-Konyen
I disagree with your proposed lineup for the following reasons:

1. Why would you change your first line from last year in Goyette/Konyen/Delic. They had great chemistry.

2. Your proposed 2nd line was a combined -48 last year and 2 of those players didn't even hit 30pts, while playing major minutes. Those type of #'s from your 2nd line will not win you many games. These guys are also all '03's, so why invest so heavily in them when they’re this bad.

3. Your '05 group is very strong. Not only do you have Musty, who should be the cornerstone of your franchise, but you also have Pharrand, who you’ve invested heavily in. He didn’t score much but has shown lots of promise and is 2 years younger. You also have Assadourian, who finished with more points than 2 of the guys on your second line, finished in the top 10 in '05 scoring. Both of these guys need to be a part of your future and you have them both slotted on the 4th line?

Reactions: Duke of Wellington

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I disagree with your proposed lineup for the following reasons:

1. Why would you change your first line from last year in Goyette/Konyen/Delic. They had great chemistry.
Because the altered 1st line would be better equipped to play more minutes in more situations. DeGrazia & Musty are bigger and stronger and probably better than Delic & Konyen right now. Delic & Konyen would be talented mates for Villeneuve to play with and be effective in the right situations
2. Your proposed 2nd line was a combined -48 last year and 2 of those players didn't even hit 30pts, while playing major minutes. Those type of #'s from your 2nd line will not win you many games. These guys are also all '03's, so why invest so heavily in them when they’re this bad.
One very big reason is NB has ~1200 lbs in the top six.
Honestly, I don’t want Assadourian, Konyen, Delic in a checking role.
3. Your '05 group is very strong. Not only do you have Musty, who should be the cornerstone of your franchise, but you also have Pharrand, who you’ve invested heavily in. He didn’t score much but has shown lots of promise and is 2 years younger. You also have Assadourian, who finished with more points than 2 of the guys on your second line, finished in the top 10 in '05 scoring. Both of these guys need to be a part of your future and you have them both slotted on the 4th line?
Young players do not have to play the most minutes in completely over matched situations to develop. It’s a good way to get them hurt and ruin confidence. You get them minutes they can handle, more at home with last change

Last edited:
Reactions: I Loveallsports

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
DeGrazia-Goyette-Musty
Delic-Villneuve-Konyen
I think this is just crazy! Delic is the best playmaker on this team so he has to play with Goyette. I know we disagree about McCallum but he's just disruptive and not good for the chemistry as was proven last season with all the endless stupid penalties. I really can't see us mixing up that first line combination from last season as they were league winners most nights.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think this is just crazy! Delic is the best playmaker on this team so he has to play with Goyette. I know we disagree about McCallum but he's just disruptive and not good for the chemistry as was proven last season with all the endless stupid penalties. I really can't see us mixing up that first line combination from last season as they were league winners most nights.
I don’t see the 1st line changing either. I just think it’s a bit of a young and small combo that will be worn down for the stretch drive. Goyette was an outstanding point producer for 17, but over all the first line with pts/g at #35, 95, 115 was not exactly league winners most nights.
The wolves do have a lot of picks, so they could move Boudreau & MacCallum, then add a D and a top six forward to play with Musty & DeGrazia

Last edited:
Reactions: justawolfan

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I don’t see the 1st line changing either. I just think it’s a bit of a young and small combo that will be worn down for the stretch drive. Goyette was an outstanding point producer for 17, but over all the first line with pts/g at #35, 95, 115 was not exactly league winners most nights.
The wolves do have a lot of picks, so they could move Boudreau & MacCallum, then add a D and a top six forward to play with Musty & DeGrazia
Maybe not league winners but they dominated the opposing team most games. There weren't many games where they were totally shut down which was much better than any other combination on the team and they'll only be better this season.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Maybe not league winners but they dominated the opposing team most games. There weren't many games where they were totally shut down which was much better than any other combination on the team and they'll only be better this season.
I have no doubt Delic-Goyette-Konyen will be better just as I have no doubt Cooke-Fimis-Castle; Beck-Lavoie & Veccia; VanSteensel & Wakely & Podoliouhk; Jelsma-Haight & Mathews will be better. The problem remains that not one of the other central division teams have 1st lines comprised of 2004 born. It’s going to be rough sailing for the wolves 1st line if they have the heavy burden of having to outplay other teams top line every game.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I could see last years top line tinkered with. Delic is really a Center, be interesting if they move him into that position on one of the lines. This team has strength down the middle, unfortunate only 4 Centers can play, rest force to play on the wing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Very little information from the Den this summer other than people getting hired elsewhere and auditions for the game host and a few travel segments interviewing players from out of town. Would like to see roster information, some interviews on the import situation and what they expect to do, overage players and goaltending signings or those free agents plan on attending. Get the fans excited for the upcoming season. I don’t care about all the other information other than roster, and coaching. Papineau scares me with his lack of communication with the fan base.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad