Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
What is your thoughts on prepaid season tickets do we ask for a refund now with very little if any chance of putting 2500 fans in the stands even if the season begins in Feb.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
What is your thoughts on prepaid season tickets do we ask for a refund now with very little if any chance of putting 2500 fans in the stands even if the season begins in Feb.

Honestly, them holding onto that money as long as they have, makes me a little frustrated. Some other teams did not even accept deposits given all the uncertainty that was going on.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Was listening to Off the Post podcast with guest Jeff Marek. Said Chase and Cory Stillman left Sudbury to play in Denmark. Checked online and couldnt find anything. Anyone else know or hear this?

I imagine the expectation is they both return when the OHL resumes play.

(at the 12 minute mark)

Reactions: Patverbeek

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Was listening to Off the Post podcast with guest Jeff Marek. Said Chase and Cory Stillman left Sudbury to play in Denmark. Checked online and couldnt find anything. Anyone else know or hear this?

I imagine the expectation is they both return when the OHL resumes play.

(at the 12 minute mark)

Ben Leeson alluded to this on twitter actually

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Good move for Stillman's development and draft stock. He's a guy alot of scouts are supposedly looking at as an early-to-mid 2nd rounder right now. If he plays well there he might be able to set himself up to be a late 1st rounder.

Reactions: hockeynorth

cub

Apr 11, 2012
According to Eliteprospects, Kocha Delic loaned to Karlskrona HK J18

Wolves going to play hockey overseas, isn't this strange for anyone? I guess no Covid in those countries, stopping them from playing hockey.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Wolves going to play hockey overseas, isn't this strange for anyone? I guess no Covid in those countries, stopping them from playing hockey.
It's pretty smart, they should come over ready to play whereas others will be behind them. Our team should be running out of the gate!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I don't think you're following what I'm trying to point out. Why are they allowed able to play hockey in Europe during Covid pandemic but not the OHL? This is a world wide pandemic.
Oh, you're right I wasn't following. I'm sorry.

Government regulations I assume? I know Sweden is super different with how they're handling it.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
Oh, you're right I wasn't following. I'm sorry.

Government regulations I assume? I know Sweden is super different with how they're handling it.

They have adopted a herd "mentality" approach and you would think all the more reason to keep outsiders away from their population. It's a strange decision in my opinion. Good for the players but strange for the countries they're going to be living within.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Reactions: hockeynorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad