Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Does it really matter? Looking more like there will be no season this year as COVID numbers rise, even World Juniors are a long shot now as players are in quarantine. Hate to sound negative but hockey at the junior level especially in Ontario won’t be played till the majority of Canadians receive the vaccine.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Does it really matter? Looking more like there will be no season this year as COVID numbers rise, even World Juniors are a long shot now as players are in quarantine. Hate to sound negative but hockey at the junior level especially in Ontario won’t be played till the majority of Canadians receive the vaccine.

You may be right about the OHL, but you're wrong about the World Juniors. They're far from a longshot.

It's in a bubble...

The teams get their early enough where even if people test positive, they quarantine for 14 days and are good to go for Christmas Day. Pre-bubble means nothing. Almost all of the Tampa Bay Lightning tested positive for covid when doing the pre-bubble screening. But that meant nothing because they just quarantined for 14 days and then were good to go for the start of the bubble. This is the exact same. It's actually even in the same Edmonton bubble.

cub

Apr 11, 2012

Well I find it weird many other places are playing hockey, we have players on the Wolves playing overseas. QMHL has started their season, with restricted fans attendance, where province as the highest Covid cases. I feel confident OHL will start, but I think ownership might not want it to start if no fans are allowed to attend, need gate money to survive.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Well I find it weird many other places are playing hockey, we have players on the Wolves playing overseas. QMHL has started their season, with restricted fans attendance, where province as the highest Covid cases. I feel confident OHL will start, but I think ownership might not want it to start if no fans are allowed to attend, need gate money to survive.
Yea I agree Cub also wonder how many fans would pay to watch hockey with no contact and other measures if put in place. As a season ticket holder, would we have the choice to refund if new measures were put in place ?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Yea I agree Cub also wonder how many fans would pay to watch hockey with no contact and other measures if put in place. As a season ticket holder, would we have the choice to refund if new measures were put in place ?

I think the Q league are drawing nearly a 1000 so I think we would be close to that. The no contact doesn't really bother me because the OHL hasn't been very physical for awhile, more skating and skill now.

With the refund, that is a tough one, hopefully if a season ticket holder is adamant that they want a refund, I hope they will honour that.

Last edited by a moderator:

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I think the Q league are drawing nearly a 1000 so I think we would be close to that. The no contact doesn't really bother me because the OHL hasn't been very physical for awhile, more skating and skill now.

With the refund, that is a tough one, hopefully if a season ticket holder is adamant that they want a refund, I hope they will honour that.

It seems reasonable to have a season with limited fan numbers or TV only, if the owners could handle that, but I think the really big issue / concern here is that we're dealing with kids and their future long-term health implications. I don't believe the powers to be will take the chance to have a bunch of kids get sick and have issues later because of it. I wouldn't take a chance with my son's health until they get a handle on this mess.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 4.39.20 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad