Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Watching the draft and the desk, for what it is worth, they predict 24 to 36 months for Byfield stating LA is only in the 6th inning of their rebuild. Interesting we could have him longer than most posters were predicting. Never could see him taking the next step next season on any team. Just too much talent in the depth charts and the Q being one of the youngest players in the draft. With OHL restarting most likely in 2022, we would probably see him 0ne season as his OA year would be in the AHL pending any changes with respect to eligibility of players going forward do to the virus.

24-36 months? I'll take some of whatever they're smoking. Would certainly make this pandemic more entertaining.

Reactions: WolvesAndWings

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
24-36 months? I'll take some of whatever they're smoking. Would certainly make this pandemic more entertaining.
I believe this was about Helge Grans or Byfield being an IMPACT piece in the NHL, everyone's been saying he may push for a roster spot but one more year wouldn't hurt him either

It'll depend on the leagues I think above all else, he may Dobson it

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Just realized Phillips Daoust who was at our camp a few years ago was also drafted, had we signed him we would’ve had the most players picked

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Wolves signees who will become draft-eligible in 2021 include forwards Chase Stillman, Landon McCallum, Ethan Larmand and Nick DeGrazia, defenceman Andre Anania and goalie Jonathan Lemaire

Reactions: hockeynorth

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
This may sound strange but I never thought, until they mentioned it yesterday, of Quinton as a Black hockey player.....I just thought he was a talented kid....

Listening to Quinton though, he clearly views himself as a talented black hockey player, and sees significance in being black as he wants to be a role model to show black children that hockey can be for them. Anyone who doesn't have an agenda will tell you that there is plenty of racism in minor hockey. I used to play with black and native players growing up and it wasn't unusual even as a kid to hear opposing team parents yell racist slurs.

So yeah, I'll go ahead and respect Byfield's pride in the fact and the deserved emphasis on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->