Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
I've never been a fan of retiring numbers, unless it is a 100% no brainer. I would rather see a name #number recognition like a ring of fame i.e. like in some football stadiums...so you have 4 people who wore the same number on the ring/wall of fame or multiple banners with the same number but different name, I don't see a problem with this. Players picking that number then have a history to live up to0. Numbers/Players are such a generational skew, especially in junior by fans and media.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I've never been a fan of retiring numbers, unless it is a 100% no brainer. I would rather see a name #number recognition like a ring of fame i.e. like in some football stadiums...so you have 4 people who wore the same number on the ring/wall of fame or multiple banners with the same number but different name, I don't see a problem with this. Players picking that number then have a history to live up to0. Numbers/Players are such a generational skew, especially in junior by fans and media.

Actually that was part of the point I was making HI16. We've had such a large group of excellent players and each have been fan favourites but historically their OHL stats and accomplishments and records haven't necessarily lead to a jersey retirement. I think about our former ironman Jamie Matthews who was a heart and soul Wolf and that's the kind of player I would prefer for this honour. It's all subjective I suppose but perhaps if Q goes on to have an amazing NHL career this will happen for his jersey? I've never thought a player had to be part of a winning team to prove his value to the franchise and Staal, in my opinion, was outstanding as were many others in Sudbury jerseys.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I saw DeGrazia the other day, he looks big. Beside Mitchell Martin (big boy prospect for Kitchener) he looked at least on par if not bigger. The kids gonna be a gamer.

Also we likely have QB for the start of the season with the NHL starting later

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
A one trick pony, great size physically built , exceptional speed. I can see why he was such a dynamic scorer at midget. The problem was once everyone in the OHL knew he would try to beat you outside with speed and physical strength everyone caught on and bigger fast d-men just kept him outside and let him run out of realestate and he didn't progress any further and stagnated.

Reactions: Patverbeek

cub

Apr 11, 2012
A one trick pony, great size physically built , exceptional speed. I can see why he was such a dynamic scorer at midget. The problem was once everyone in the OHL knew he would try to beat you outside with speed and physical strength everyone caught on and bigger fast d-men just kept him outside and let him run out of realestate and he didn't progress any further and stagnated.

lacked hockey IQ

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Dichow loaned to Rungsted Seier Capital
Since Christopher Nihlstorp had to withdraw from the match against Herning, we have expected that he would be back soon.
Unfortunately, it seems that the Swedish goalkeeper will be out for a while yet, so therefore the sports management has chosen to act on this.

Rungsted Seier Capital has loaned the 19-year-old Danish goalkeeper Frederik Dichow until and including 1 November 2020.
Frederik was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens last year, and spent the season with Malmö's U20 Super Elite team.

Frederik was supposed to play for the Sudbury Wolves in the OHL this season, but due to Corona, the departure has been postponed.

Rungsted Seier Capital's sports director Morten Hagen says:
It is a Win / Win situation where Frederik needs a place to play, at the same time as we have an injury to Christopher Nihlstorp.

David Grubak has done absolutely terrific in the goal, but we felt that with the addition of Frederik Dichow we give the coaches an opportunity to rest David in one game or two, should the need arise in a close match program.

Frederik Dichow will play with jersey number 1, and it is expected that he will make his debut at home next Friday, when his childhood club Sønderjyske will visit.
Rungsted låner Dichow af Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad