Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Curious to see who they go with. Might be Moxam. No idea how he would be as a lead guy or if he wants the job. Big responsibility.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm thinking with the uncertainty of the upcoming season, Maybe see Moxam and Stortini start the season, maybe as interim coaches. Little short notice to find a coach asap I think. Mackenzie I think still with the coaching staff in Florida.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
This was rumoured at the end of last season

With COVID I didn't think it'd happen

We may not see Chase back either
Yes I recall someone in here commenting last year that Stillman would not be back as coach and Chase would be traded. I hope Chase isn’t traded because I think he will develop into a premiere player. A couple of things I find interesting is that Zulich confirmed his departure and not the GM. I find that really weird. And how this will
Impact players wanting to report here if the Wolves don’t hire a good quality coach that will be able to develop all the players. Play four lines and run good practices.
Anyone have a list of available coaches that may look at the job.

WJ

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yes I recall someone in here commenting last year that Stillman would not be back as coach and Chase would be traded. I hope Chase isn’t traded because I think he will develop into a premiere player. A couple of things I find interesting is that Zulich confirmed his departure and not the GM. I find that really weird. And how this will
Impact players wanting to report here if the Wolves don’t hire a good quality coach that will be able to develop all the players. Play four lines and run good practices.
Anyone have a list of available coaches that may look at the job.

WJ
Yes I believe I mentioned it. It’d been rumoured there was conflicts within management and interests between the two parties. Chase could still come back yet though, we will see

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yes I believe I mentioned it. It’d been rumoured there was conflicts within management and interests between the two parties. Chase could still come back yet though, we will see
Don’t see why Sudbury would trade chase. If he wasn’t happy the only thing I’d worry about is him staying in Denmark where he’s lighting it up

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Don’t see why Sudbury would trade chase. If he wasn’t happy the only thing I’d worry about is him staying in Denmark where he’s lighting it up
That's what seems more likely right now I'd agree.

I don't think they'd want to trade Chase right now at all

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Chase would be smart to stay and play in a league that will fast track him in the draft and better his chances of making the move down the road to the show. To return to a no body contact league and God knows what other restrictions would be foolish.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Chase would be smart to stay and play in a league that will fast track him in the draft and better his chances of making the move down the road to the show. To return to a no body contact league and God knows what other restrictions would be foolish.

The no body contact was dismissed like 3 hours after it was said. That is and was never going to happen

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Murray has signed with Surahanmars IF of the HockeyEttan in Sweden if the ohl doesn’t play this year

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
One name being kicked around in hockey circles is Scott McCrory as possible interest in the vacant coaching position. I’m sure more names will come to surface in the coming weeks especially if there is a season come Feb.1

WJ

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Do you think the Wolves would be interested in bringing in 67's Assistant coach Norm Milley as head coach?

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Do you think the Wolves would be interested in bringing in 67's Assistant coach Norm Milley as head coach?
I’m sure there will be no lack of candidates to apply. Norm Milley would be a good candidate as he has OHL experience behind the bench. His leadership skills and composure not to mention one of the best offensive juggernauts ever as a player with the Sudbury Wolves would be high on the list. What worries me is that local connections always seems to come to surface with this organization. When I hear the McCrory name connections are all over the place. Would be a shame if they don’t look past that when making this decision. Hope to hear other names in the coming days. The Wolves cannot afford to lose out on a quality coaching candidate with pro experience that will relate and develop the talented members of this team. Especially our newly drafted players. I think we had a tremendous draft and have the making of some exciting future stars. All depends on the guidance and mentorship behind the bench. Need to hit a home run with the successful coaching candidate.

WJ

Reactions: cub and Wiserbud

cub

Apr 11, 2012

I'm sure he would be on the list of candidates. He has been assistant coach under pretty good head coach Andre Tourigny, he was one my favourite Wolf. I'm sure Papineau is getting alot phone calls.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I feel they will go after a person who has pro experience and currently in a role or similar to which Stillman had, prior to joining the wolves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom and cub

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
There are presently 3 assistant coaches for the Florida Panthers, could one be on the short list for Sudbury???

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I’m sure there will be no lack of candidates to apply. Norm Milley would be a good candidate as he has OHL experience behind the bench. His leadership skills and composure not to mention one of the best offensive juggernauts ever as a player with the Sudbury Wolves would be high on the list. What worries me is that local connections always seems to come to surface with this organization. When I hear the McCrory name connections are all over the place. Would be a shame if they don’t look past that when making this decision. Hope to hear other names in the coming days. The Wolves cannot afford to lose out on a quality coaching candidate with pro experience that will relate and develop the talented members of this team. Especially our newly drafted players. I think we had a tremendous draft and have the making of some exciting future stars. All depends on the guidance and mentorship behind the bench. Need to hit a home run with the successful coaching candidate.

WJ

I don't know Scott McCory as a coach, if he's like his brother Barry, I say hard pass. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad