Sudbury Wolves 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
On draftsite NHL mock draft they have Kosta Manikis a Wolves OHL draft slated to be picked in the 5th round.He is currently playing junior b down south.Any hopes of him donning a Wolves jersey in September.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
On draftsite NHL mock draft they have Kosta Manikis a Wolves OHL draft slated to be picked in the 5th round.He is currently playing junior b down south.Any hopes of him donning a Wolves jersey in September.

Manikis’ stay at the main camp was not beyond 48 hrs in his first year of eligibility; and, I don’t recall him being at last year’s camp. That would indicate he is interested in keeping the NCAA route open.
His line (with Tabak and especially Hutcheson as LW) dominated the mini camp scrimmage scoring about 8 goals. He wasn’t a very good skater, but I thought he was a smart enough player to make the team year two.
If Monikis & Ross get drafted along with Murray, and Philips next year; the wolves scouts at that time did a pretty good job evaluating talent. The 2001 ON born are not considered a particularly good group.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
What are your guys' thoughts on the Sudbury commentators? I was just reading through comments on the 67s fb page and pretty much everyone was saying how insufferable they were.
I watch way too much OHL ask my wife Ha Ha Ha! They are right at the bottom and I am not from Ottawa!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017

Damn, was hoping for both to rise a bit more.

Murray probably gets drafted, I'dsay 80-90% likely. Ross' rank makes it possible but more likely than not he doesn't. I'd say 30-40% chance he gets picked.

125 NA players were selected last year, 92 from Europe.

IMO Both have a slightly better chance than their ranking indicates from Byfield drawing additional scouting.

Last edited:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Damn, was hoping for both to rise a bit more.

Murray probably gets drafted, I'dsay 80-90% likely. Ross' rank makes it possible but more likely than not he doesn't. I'd say 30-40% chance he gets picked.

125 NA players were selected last year, 92 from Europe.

IMO Both have a slightly better chance than their ranking indicates from Byfield drawing additional scouting.

I'm not the biggest Blake Murray fan, but looking at those rankings that are a lot of players ahead of Murray who significantly worse prospects then Murray.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
He will likely go, Ross may too. Im not a big fan of either. Philips is the stud on the back end. I don't really see much upside in the rest.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Tough crowd lol. The Wolves haven't had anyone drafted above the 6th round since Capobianco in 2014 lol, and no one the last two years. I'll take whatever we can get.

I agree on Phillips being the gem back there but like Thompson as well as a prospective NHL draftee.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Nick Foligno just won his first playoff series since the 2007 OHL Eastern Conference Final haha

Reactions: cub

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Mark it on the board we are going to regret picking McCallum(1/2 a Pilon replacement) while Ottawa steals future scoring machine Sirrizotti .Just think if we had picked Giroux like we were supposed to over Gilhula.Ottawa also showed us in the end that scoring overagers Chiodo and Maksimovich are more valuable in the current OHL than truculent wingers like the Pilons.We keep sticking to the most penalized team in the league blueprint when elite teams left that years ago.We had a great year but we should improve and build on it to keep a consistent winner.We rarely draft elite scoring prospects while other teams harvest these players year after year.

Reactions: hockieguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad