Sudbury Wolves 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yeah, hopefully a trade. The wolves need a top pairing D, to start.
I feel as though we are really set on D especially if Loponen shows (that kid is being severely underrated imo).

Ross-Phillips
Thompson-Stratis
Ribau-Serentis

That seems sufficient to me... would prefer a scoring winger

Reactions: WaW

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I feel as though we are really set on D especially if Loponen shows (that kid is being severely underrated imo).

Ross-Phillips
Thompson-Stratis
Ribau-Serentis

That seems sufficient to me... would prefer a scoring winger

Not me. I’d like to see a 19yr old D at least in the top 30 range. If not, a comparable OA though that would mean giving up Carson or Levin. I think some of the D could be really good next season, but honestly don't think a current wolves D is within top 40.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Not me. I’d like to see a 19yr old D at least in the top 30 range. If not, a comparable OA though that would mean giving up Carson or Levin. I think some of the D could be really good next season, but honestly don't think a current wolves D is within top 40.
That's totally fair I think that'd be an above average D corps depth with a below average top 2 so we could do with adding that top D like you say. Depends on the assets we have to trade. I thin you see Ross or Phillips or possibly even Thompson in the top 50 by years end... and if Loponen comes I wager he's top 40.

Reactions: dirty12

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Doesn't always matter where you're drafted if you have the skill, late bloomer (see Pouliot, Leivo)

Labelle is a highly skilled, fast and intelligent player. Thought the Wolves had another steal here in the 10th round, and I think he could have made this team this year as one of the 02's, and beat out guys like Gilhula, Butler etc.

Never say never though, as seen recently with Manikis. We could see Labelle in the future.

Im aware of those two players. I still think he would of been a longshot, specially if you look at the make up of the roster. Leading more to a vet team and that's not counting probably your first 3 pics (from draft) making the club.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Im aware of those two players. I still think he would of been a longshot, specially if you look at the make up of the roster. Leading more to a vet team and that's not counting probably your first 3 pics (from draft) making the club.
Way I see it, sucks for wolves fan and probably the wolves org as well losing a player who was expected to have a competitive camp... but good on the kid, if nothing else it will benefit him in life. I'll never fault a kid for taking the college path if it's offered even though I hate it as a fan

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Way I see it, sucks for wolves fan and probably the wolves org as well losing a player who was expected to have a competitive camp... but good on the kid, if nothing else it will benefit him in life. I'll never fault a kid for taking the college path if it's offered even though I hate it as a fan
Delete

Last edited:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I don't pay much attention to the school commitment. Ninety percent of the time they don't pan out. Schools defer kids and then you never hear or see them actually going. On a positive note it shows they are on the radar. I find the commitment announcement is a bargaining tool. Time will tell..

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hey all, several notes here ahead of camp...

First off, hearing that Dichow is looking less likely to show unless Montreal can make him come. I have been told that Montreal would like him here, but his team back home doesn’t want to release him, and that he’d like to come here if Montreal wishes it yet he can’t get out of his commitment back home. Odds are high we are going with Weeks to start the year but they feel comfortable with him if they have to.

Loponen is currently 50/50 and will come down to the Maple Leafs decision for what’s the best course to develop him. Right now he hasn’t committed. Same source.

OHLinsiders is reporting SDA has requested a trade from Peterborough, would not mind acquiring him at all for an offensive boost.

Reactions: cub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad