Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hindsight Manager Master put in your resume in, you have a great relationship with BB and other managers. Papineau is three years into his job, and doing great. I'm not going continue to debate this, because he has been criticized from the get go when started job. Took a 17 Win team in his first year to a 43 win team in second year. Currently in first place in division, but not good enough for many posters, this makes me laugh, like the guy with the painted face, red nose and oversize polka dotted tie.

cub, a more complete version of the story would be that Papineau took a 6th in conference team down to 10, 20th overall in his quest to tank for Byfield during his first season as GM.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
More accurate is your boy BB, left Papineau crumbs. Can you please show me where and when they were 6th in the Conference talk about B.S. ? Starting to fabricate stories like your brother poster. Wow sounds like a genius to me, sort of when the Leafs tanked for Austin Matthews, nice play Papineau, we got Byfield. Byfield maybe one of the best Wolf ever, I have ever witnessed.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Had best junior goalie in the world. Tanks to get the best Wolves player you have ever witnessed and does what with them?

Reactions: djscooter

cub

Apr 11, 2012
that's 2016 my friend, I'm talking 2017, keep reaching. Papineau awesome from 17 wins to 43 wins, after BB left him crumbs, and totally screw over this team for years. Papineau surely put a fix to it quickly, awesome work.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I will respond to alter ego, please let's hear from him. Also this poster said he would never respond to my post? infatuation I say.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
that's 2016 my friend, I'm talking 2017, keep reaching. Papineau awesome from 17 wins to 43 wins, after BB left him crumbs, and totally screw over this team for years. Papineau surely put a fix to it quickly, awesome work.

So you’re completely ignoring taking a 6th in conference team to 10th, 20th overall in Papineau’s first season selling crumbs Lalonde, Bowman, Lyszcarczyk, Ali. Pezzetta, O’Grady, Sokolov, ... because it does not suit you; ok.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I really don't want to play Hindsight Manager all day here like you love to do, Lalonde, Lyszcarckyk wanted out got traded. Ali bust draft pick. Bowman could not beat McGrath as a rookie goalie and got moved. McGrath was terrible had to get Papineau to trade for rights to get Culina. I give you Pezetta, O'Grady who were marginal players. That leaves you only Sokolov who is a true goal scorer, but no one really to play with. I'm not going to continue with this because I can answer every move or rebuttal anything from the Hindsight Manager Master.

Last edited by a moderator:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I really don't want to play Hindsight Manager all day here like you love to do, Lalonde, Lyszcarckyk wanted out got traded. Ali bust draft pick. Bowman could not beat McGrath as a rookie goalie and got moved. McGrath was terrible had to get Papineau to trade for rights to get Culina. I give you Pezetta, O'Grady who were marginal players. That leaves you only Sokolov who a true goal scorer, but no one really to play with. I not going to continue with this because I can answer every move or rebuttal anything from the Hindsight Manager Master.
How many years until Papineau is eligible for criticism?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
DD you can criticize anytime you want I don't give a petunia, however I can easily defend Papineau tenure at this present time.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I really don't want to play Hindsight Manager all day here like you love to do, Lalonde, Lyszcarckyk wanted out got traded. Ali bust draft pick. Bowman could not beat McGrath as a rookie goalie and got moved. McGrath was terrible had to get Papineau to trade for rights to get Culina. I give you Pezetta, O'Grady who were marginal players. That leaves you only Sokolov who is a true goal scorer, but no one really to play with. I'm not going to continue with this because I can answer every move or rebuttal anything from the Hindsight Manager Master.
Fair... though I wouldn't say Pezzetta and O'Grady were marginal players since they're both pretty much what we could use right now. I agree with what you say since we did have to tank and I get it (have no objections whatsoever to a tank) but I don't get the problem with hindsight I mean that's how we learn and improve and you have to go off history to judge. Also the Sokolov deal was bad at the time and we all knew it, the only reason it gets a pass is because it helped get us Byfield. Hindsight managing really doesn't seem like a negative like I hope Papineau is looking at his past mistakes and success to improve himself in his managing of the team. It is a discussion board after all (not just directed at you with this cub) so everyone should be free to voice their opinions or mock trade or discuss ideas without being attacked for having an opinion. We all love this team clearly if we're on here.

Reactions: dirty12

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
As many posters like to say lets just focus on what was on the ice. Besides the glaringly obvious problems that were not addressed at the trade deadline, I thought that the Gilhula, Robinson and Hutchison line were able to expose the lack of depth in the third and fourth line on Guelph's team. Unfortunately Gogolev,Hillis and Dawes elevated their game as the game went on which exposed our weaknesses. Shout out to Roach who played well for Guelph. Was he a Sudbury prospect at one time?
yes roach was

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hey Fellas... as of next year CHL players may be able to play in the OHL a year early (at a minimum, its possible its at D+1 though that doesn't seem realistic to me and D+2 makes way more sense) so we may be losing some guys we didn't expect to or feel the heat to move certain guys next season instead

just food for thought since I didn't see it stated anywhere on here

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Same bulls@@t after a loss from the same posters, they got nothing else to give but be hindsight managers, blah blah blah. Bring something else to the board step up their game. When the team wins don't hear a peep, but if team loses the experts come out spewing same garbage. Tiresome. Same posters same garbage.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
So why not go for a defenseman or RW? Would that not have made more of an impact for this team?

Yes it would have. Lodnia, Josling would have been better OA upgrades up front and better fits for needs as would Phillips or Gordeev on D. If you want to go further, Gross would have fit our team needs better then Pekar.

My original response had to do with how anyone knows the Wolves didn’t go after a goalie. Papineau simply didn’t like what was out there and didn’t spend much time on it

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada

Well, I don't think it is safe to say that the jump in wins was all Papineau, actually safer to say he had a small part in it. Lukkonen won the Wolves many, many, many games. Enough to fool fans into thinking this year being the "year".

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
cub, a more complete version of the story would be that Papineau took a 6th in conference team down to 10, 20th overall in his quest to tank for Byfield during his first season as GM.

LOL - you're absolving Barclay Branch for leaving us in that shambolic situation now? Really?

Sheesh, some people for whatever reason believe the strangest people walk on water and poop roses. It's insane.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Well, I don't think it is safe to say that the jump in wins was all Papineau, actually safer to say he had a small part in it. Lukkonen won the Wolves many, many, many games. Enough to fool fans into thinking this year being the "year".

I guess a manager doesn't get any credit for drafting UPL and getting him to come and play for the Wolves?, also addressing our goaltending. I agree UPL was a huge factor with last year winning record, at same time Papineau deserves the credit for making that move.

Papineau didn't have to draft a import goalie but he did, and it worked out well. He also drafted Dichow this year, he knew goaltending still needed to be addressed but unfortunately it didn't work out.

I know all the naysayers going to say well Dichow didn't come, however it is a gamble with import players, especially goalies. I believe Dichow still eligible to play for Wolves next year, which could be a good possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: yalbmert25

cub

Apr 11, 2012
LOL - you're absolving Barclay Branch for leaving us in that shambolic situation now? Really?

Sheesh, some people for whatever reason believe the strangest people walk on water and poop roses. It's insane.

same people same garbage.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
What is a little disappointing is there seems to be the fascination of re- hashing the deadline over and over. My belief at the deadline and shortly after was that it was not good. There is nothing that can be done the rest of the way. Hind sight is always 20/20 but really "no ones interested in something you didn't do."

Point is, what will this team do the rest of the way and into the playoffs. This should be the discussion and this is what is important now. BB does not matter today, tomorrow or any other day for the Wolves. His time is done and gone. Leave him in Flint :)

The owner of this teams has options when it comes to the performance of HIS GM and whether or not to extend his contract or let him go and move one. This is what is know as "the GM Year". I expect that there will be more focus on the GM in the post season this year than any other year so far in his tenure. It is going to be very hard for Mr. Papineau to explain the happenings if the Wolves do not advance farther than last year, and that means winning one game in Rd 2. Remember, hindsight is 20/20 and what will end up happening is Mr. Papineau's entire term as GM will be scrutinized and explanations will be asked for. This seasons outcome has a huge exclmation point attached to it. (A weaker division, Byfield etc.) The season wrap- up meeting will be interesting and something I wish I was a fly for.

Baring any 1980s style olympic miracle, I believe most posters on here are intelligent enough to have an idea when this season is going to end. But hockey is a funny game and a team is only as good as their last game. Time will tell.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
All you experts let's preview todays game versus Missy instead rehashing same crap. Missy is playing very well, last time we played them Edmonds stole that game. I say Weeks gets the start, if he can play his game of late, Wolves win 4-3.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

what was the shambolic situation? Be specific and accurate because we know that both GMs over paid in certain trades, both GMs had imports not show, Papineau has sent out more 2nd & 3rd picks than he brought in, and Lalonde demanded a trade after the management changes.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
All you experts let's preview todays game versus Missy instead rehashing same crap. Missy is playing very well, last time we played them Edmonds stole that game. I say Weeks gets the start, if he can play his game of late, Wolves win 4-3.

If Mississauga puts a lot of shots on net, with either goalie in net then the game will be interesting. The goal tending of each team are polar opposite and the teams are pretty well matched. This good be a goalie's game to win or lose.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
They need the Q to have a big game and rally the troops around him, and stay out of the box.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
They need the Q to have a big game and rally the troops around him, and stay out of the box.

agree, the game revolves around Byfield way too much , we need some other guys to chip in, we have the talent to do so.

Reactions: yalbmert25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad