Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I didnt think he'd make it past Christmas but Adam S. is becoming a favorite of mine along with of course Mr. Phillip's -:)

Adam currently would be my O/A pick. Quite a transformation.

Heading into the third period, plenty of penalties. Again, not manufacturing alot of scoring chances.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Wolves are playing sloppy in the D zone. Leaving guys wide open watching the puck in stead of taking a man. Lots of time to tighten things up and team defence is looking better in the last few weeks compared to how they were playing in December.

Samuelsson doesn’t look like the same player! Playing way better then when he first joined the pack! Still lacks foot speed but making up for it.

Reactions: WolvesFan

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
so much for secondary scoring! They found a way to win!

Weeks made a huge save in the third to keep wolves in the game.
Hopefully they can keep it rolling!
Yeah that Robinson Hutchison Gilhula line- yikes. I would not bring not one of those guys back next season. I'll be curious to see how many points that line has this weekend.

Reactions: yalbmert25

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
A few things,

-Wolves without Chenier tonight. Anyone know why and will he be returning this weekend.

-Welcome aboard Samuelson fans. Given the time to figure out the game in the O and he has become a pretty darn force back there.

-Weeks playing a more composed and simple game in net and it is resulting in some confidence. Mind you when we limit grade A scoring chances against us both our goalies will look better.

-Nice to see some players getting to the dirty areas out there. Byfield especially who needs to add some aggressiveness to his game. But what beauties both his goals were.

-Stillman needs to ease up in the silly penalties.

-nice to get the W need to get the other two games now.

WJ

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
I really do need to echo what a lot of other posters already have, I’m really pleased with how Samuelsson has turned things around! He was all over the place tonight(in a good way)!! Excited to see what he can really develop into!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Big big win. Big game against a struggling Guelph team back at home tomorrow night

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I really do need to echo what a lot of other posters already have, I’m really pleased with how Samuelsson has turned things around! He was all over the place tonight(in a good way)!! Excited to see what he can really develop into!

Somebody really flipped his switch! I wonder if he just needed to have someone to tell him it was ok to play aggressively in the OHL? Whatever happened has turned out great!

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Somebody really flipped his switch! I wonder if he just needed to have someone to tell him it was ok to play aggressively in the OHL? Whatever happened has turned out great!
From what I've seen, he's more comfortable. Two, he knows he lacks foot speed so he uses his hockey IQ and has changed his style of play to stay in this league. Congrats to him and the coaches on this one.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
May I ask why a comment about having Mexico pay for the new arena gets taken down but a comment about Communist Morons is acceptable. My comment was clearly a joke. This is clearly....offensive.

:rolleyes: :skeptic:o_O

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
What is the delay with the new arena?

The delay is some downtown people don't want to accept that the city council turned down a proposed downtown location first before they voted to accept the owners preferred location so they have thrown up every road block to construction that they can because they want to feel important and get their names in the paper. This should end in May when the injunctions are ruled to be unfounded and construction can begin.

Reactions: the dog

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
I didnt think he'd make it past Christmas but Adam S. is becoming a favorite of mine along with of course Mr. Phillip's -:)

Adam currently would be my O/A pick. Quite a transformation.

He's found out hes allowed to be a physical player in this league unlike the USHL where its frowned upon. The adjustment was going to take time

Reactions: yalbmert25

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Preview for tonights game:

1. Hoping to see Chenier back in lineup.

2. Byfield usually plays well against Guelph.

3. I like to see Weeks get the start again, but chances Purboo will be in with a 3 game week.

4. It would be nice if third and fourth line can rack some offence.

Reactions: Wisdom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad