Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
agreed, feisty, fast team, just need some guys put puck into the net, Defence and Goaltending solid for Missy, I see them rising in the standings.

hope so, that was with a couple of players missing, including top scorer. That is the matchup I want for the Gens, not wolves

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Midterm Draft Rankings:

2. Byfield
67. Thompson
76. Phillips

It's been awhile we have had Sudbury Wolves players ranked that high.
Thompson would be higher too if not for a rough couple weeks, I expect we see 2 guys go in the top 3 rounds

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Not since the NHL draft for Pouliot, M.Staal, McQuaid have we had three Wolves players ranked this high. Nice to see.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Don't sleep on Phillips, he might surprise
I like him a lot and originally thought he'd be a top 3 round pick but I see him more as a 4/5th type with the season he's having with Thompson being a late 2nd early 3rd after I expected him to push for a top 40 maybe even 30 spot

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I like him a lot and originally thought he'd be a top 3 round pick but I see him more as a 4/5th type with the season he's having with Thompson being a late 2nd early 3rd after I expected him to push for a top 40 maybe even 30 spot

I don't think he'll realistically go in late first round. Probably late 2nd, early 3rd is my guess.
Those 2 / 67 / 76 rankings look pretty reasonable.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Those are just mid-term rankings for North American skaters. It does not include guys that came over after Christmas like Mysak or Chromiak or any goalies. There will be 25-35 others in the top 100 final overall rankings..

Last edited:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Nice to see the names listed. I will be surprised if Philips gets more than an invite based on what I have watched throughout the season. Good that he is on the radar however.
I am a little late to the party on reading Papineaus explanation on how he felt he addressed the need at the trade deadline. Dario should be listening to a GM that states "it depends what you consider all in". Then goes on to compare teams that went all in and lost. This is a coward folks. Status quo management will not bring a championship. Winning a division in a weakened east? This guy has had two of the best players in the world in junior hockey so an aggressive move in one of those two years should have been done. I would quietly be looking around for his replacement. I know that sentiment won't be popular but really think about it. JMO.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Papineau realistically looked at his hand and did not anti in. The team should win the conference that would seed them high enough to avoid the big boys early. He added scoring up front, Sammy is improving every game and getting tougher, Goaltending is improving which all could lead to an upset that I think could really happen. You are not in the same ball park with teams that can afford to over pay, and why is another story.

Reactions: Wiserbud

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Papineau realistically looked at his hand and did not anti in. The team should win the conference that would seed them high enough to avoid the big boys early. He added scoring up front, Sammy is improving every game and getting tougher, Goaltending is improving which all could lead to an upset that I think could really happen. You are not in the same ball park with teams that can afford to over pay, and why is another story.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Nice to see the names listed. I will be surprised if Philips gets more than an invite based on what I have watched throughout the season. Good that he is on the radar however.
I am a little late to the party on reading Papineaus explanation on how he felt he addressed the need at the trade deadline. Dario should be listening to a GM that states "it depends what you consider all in". Then goes on to compare teams that went all in and lost. This is a coward folks. Status quo management will not bring a championship. Winning a division in a weakened east? This guy has had two of the best players in the world in junior hockey so an aggressive move in one of those two years should have been done. I would quietly be looking around for his replacement. I know that sentiment won't be popular but really think about it. JMO.

:thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Your thumbs down means nothing, as you have never been more than a cheerleader at assessing this team. Sorry cub changing your name doesn't validate anything.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Your thumbs down means nothing, as you have never been more than a cheerleader at assessing this team. Sorry cub changing your name doesn't validate anything.

you're just bitter that he traded Bulitka, if he was a coward, he wasn't afraid to make that move to get Chenier, that was a ballsy move. I change my name but I don't make fake accounts.

Cheerleader funny, I been here a long time, I have been critical of management when Barclay Branch was around, and also very critical on the Burgess ownership.

You're a good story teller, the stuff you come up with is hilarious, a lot of false insight and indueando, stick with facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
No fake accounts Cub. Bulitka trade was senseless, not ballsy, and not a good look for recruitment south. I have not used rumour and innuendo I am stating a fact. Those words were from Papineau, as printed in the Sudbury Star. I get that local means everything to you but there are those Sudburians that are little more enlightened on this. Let's agree to ignore each others posts. You can cheerlead and I can objectively dissect performance. For the record Chenier is a really good player none of my comments are in any way judging his ability as a player. He will do well on this team.

Reactions: justawolfan

cub

Apr 11, 2012
No fake accounts Cub. Bulitka trade was senseless, not ballsy, and not a good look for recruitment south. I have not used rumour and innuendo I am stating a fact. Those words were from Papineau, as printed in the Sudbury Star. I get that local means everything to you but there are those Sudburians that are little more enlightened on this. Let's agree to ignore each others posts. You can cheerlead and I can objectively dissect performance. For the record Chenier is a really good player none of my comments are in any way judging his ability as a player. He will do well on this team.

Another story made up, "I get the local means everything to you" I don't know where you make this stuff up. If Chenier was from Toronto I would have been happy with the move. So you're on both side of the fence, Bulitka was senseless, but Chenier will do well? Chenier is a upgrade from Bulitka, that was a very ballsy move, kudos to Papineau. It is hard to ignore posts that are off the wall, and easily rebutted.

Also many of your post includes me "Cub", majority of the time, even when I'm not even in the discussion, insecurity I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Another story made up, "I get the local means everything to you" I don't know where you make this stuff up. If Chenier was from Toronto I would have been happy with the move. So you're on both side of the fence, Bulitka was senseless, but Chenier will do well? Chenier is a upgrade from Bulitka, that was a very ballsy move, kudos to Papineau. It is hard to ignore posts that are off the wall, and easily rebutted.

Also many of your post includes me "Cub", majority of the time, even when I'm not even in the discussion, insecurity I guess.

I really don't see the point of the Bulitka/ Chenier deal. I'm glad Chenier is finishing out his career at home, but I don't see why it was done. I believe that bulitka was playing well and was very much respected on the bench and in the room. 10 pts won't make or brake Byfield if he is playing with him. It was really a loss of two picks.

Reactions: HockeyHell

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Chenier and Bulitka are trade offs. But the Wolves gave two picks in the deal. The Wolves traded for “rental” Pekar for 5 picks.
Chenier an Bulitka are not equal players so please stop trying to sell that line. Bulitka was never able to drive the play for his line, and padded his stats immensely playing lots of minutes beside Byfield. Want to replace Bulitka's stats? Line up Stillman or any other somewhat offensively-minded player beside Byfield and voila. Chenier, on the other hand, has shown he can drive play for his line and have great success. Pekar - well you have already seen what he is capable of.

The two players you acquired at the deadline rank 1,2 for shots on goal on your roster - these were big upgrades for you. You may not agree with the moves that your GM made, but he did not overpay for these players. They are good players, and will now give fits to your opponents when trying to match up against 3 quality scoring lines.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Chenier an Bulitka are not equal players so please stop trying to sell that line. Bulitka was never able to drive the play for his line, and padded his stats immensely playing lots of minutes beside Byfield. Want to replace Bulitka's stats? Line up Stillman or any other somewhat offensively-minded player beside Byfield and voila. Chenier, on the other hand, has shown he can drive play for his line and have great success. Pekar - well you have already seen what he is capable of.

The two players you acquired at the deadline rank 1,2 for shots on goal on your roster - these were big upgrades for you. You may not agree with the moves that your GM made, but he did not overpay for these players. They are good players, and will now give fits to your opponents when trying to match up against 3 quality scoring lines.

:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad