Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I have really liked Samuelsson over the last 4 or 5 games, he has woken up and is starting to play a good physical defensive game, I hope to see him continue to improve!

Yup the OHL is really starting to suit him and his game more than the USHL (Ultra Soft Hockey League) and college did. Have to wonder what coulda been for his young career if he came here at 17 or even last year.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
it’s like he doesn’t realize that every year is a 15 round draft and you only play 2-3 kids every draft year. Then possibly 1-3 more when they are 17 completely dependent on their development in lower junior ranks. He doesn’t know how junior hockey works. He gets worked up over giving up a 8th round pick saying we lost 240 games by trading that pick. It’s not even worth the discussion with him anymore.
I mean the logic checks out to me, Based on this, trading Byfield for 10 15th rounders would have defined the franchise for good.

Reactions: Yahoo from the Soo

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
He's the kind of old man that has nothing to do but complain about everything.

I don’t believe that I am complaining, rather expressing opinions based on what I see. If you look at my posts, they are not about complaints or anything of the sort. I have not told anyone to “give their head a shake” or called anyone an “an old man who likes to complain”. Those comments are made by you and others.
Moreover, I have not complained about what Mr. Papineau has or hasn’t done or called for him to be fired. The Wolves are his team and vision!

I suggest you re-evaluate that comment as it is rather childish and uninformed. There times where I have made errors and apologized for them immediately if it was needed.

If you want to discuss this anymore, direct message me.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Ha, ya looks like both of us have had our “like” option removed (pun intended). Guess we”ll have to get creative. I agree with the majority about the game. Definitely some encouraging signs. Carson had another gear. Liked Murray’s game, Phillips looking better, Samuelson a major turnaround and the goaltending has been solid. Encouraging.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Game day! Time for the Pekar/Byfield show :popcorn:

Excited to see Chenier as a Wolf today, he's going to be a fan favourite very quickly
You guys will have forgotten about Bulitka before the first period is over.
He has been average in his first two games with NB, it had to be two extremely tough days for him last Thursday and Friday with first getting moved and then returning to Sudbury the next night.
Combined 14-2 goals against, he probably never thought he'd relive his first 3 years in the league, welcome to the Troops Shane.:thumbu:

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
Ugh Levin back to his old ways trying to put on a stickhandling clinic in his zone while killing a penalty. That rarely ends well.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I really felt they should called a hooking penalty, Levin trying to get out zone, but lost puck for the goal.

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Ran into very hot goalie, but Missy played a steady game didn't give much room for the Wolves. I thought referees gave Wolves a little bit of the gears today. Chenier, played well, very physical, hit the the post.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I really felt they should called a hooking penalty, Levin trying to get out zone, but lost puck for the goal.

I looked at Levin cough up again, I stand corrected no hook, Levin came across the D zone, Missy player checks him into the boards and turnovers puck then a goal by Missy. He could have easily cleared the zone prior, made a mistake.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I thought they'd actually grind out a win today after giving up the first goal. Never materialized.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..Waxed Battalion...great defense....another rebuild better than Battalion..as was/is Guelph...Barrie...Sudbury...scouting is awful...friends//..ole boys club...

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga's place in standings will fool a lot of teams, good goalie and solid team. Was impressed when they ran through NB too.

agreed, feisty, fast team, just need some guys put puck into the net, Defence and Goaltending solid for Missy, I see them rising in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad