Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
81 points in 68 games last year. RW with size and skill would look great beside Byfield. I would trade McCallum in a heartbeat for Noel straight up! Adding picks is a tougher pill to swallow.
Paps seems to be in no hurry to act and if that is the case with Christmas he could be gone before we have a chance at him.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'd guess either
Noel for McCallum+KGN 3rd '22+SBY 3rd '23

or just Noel for GUE 2nd '21+SBY 2nd '22+KGN 3rd '22+SBY 3rd '23

What's you're thoughts on Noel, why does he want to be moved, when there is a decent Oshawa team? Seems to be a problem recently, Antropov requesting trade, now Noel.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What's you're thoughts on Noel, why does he want to be moved, when there is a decent Oshawa team? Seems to be a problem recently, Antropov requesting trade, now Noel.

Antropov didn't request a trade. Also the only thing to suggest Noel is asking out is one tweet that was deleted 5 minutes later. Other than that, not one thing has said anything about that rumour.

Oshawa is bidding to host the memorial cup next year so they're trying to form a team to be elite next year and Noel won't be back next season as he's already signed by Florida so he'll be in the AHL next year.

They moved Antropov because they don't see him as an elite OA next year so they maximized the return on him. If they had've waited until the offseason they probably would've gotten like a 4th for him, whereas now they got 2nd+3rd and opened up a top 6 lineup spot for Harrison, who can also be better prepared for next season with all the top 6 and PP time he's about to get now

Last edited:

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Seems to be some nice offensive weapons that should be available once Paps decides to pull the trigger.

My concern is where will Paps find a consistent No.1 goalie? Not much out there.. take a gamble on Kooy finding his form? Overpay for Ingham? Use our open Import spot on Silovs?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Antropov didn't request a trade. Also the only thing to suggest Noel is asking out is one tweet that was deleted 5 minutes later. Other than that, not one thing has said anything about that rumour.

Oshawa is bidding to host the memorial cup next year so they're trying to form a team to be elite next year and Noel won't be back next season as he's already signed by Florida so he'll be in the AHL next year.

They moved Antropov because they don't see him as an elite OA next year so they maximized the return on him. If they had've waited until the offseason they probably would've gotten like a 4th for him, whereas now they got 2nd+3rd and opened up a top 6 lineup spot for Harrison, who can also be better prepared for next season with all the top 6 and PP time he's about to get now

So do you think Noel would help?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
So do you think Noel would help?

Yeah, even him not playing great like he's been this season is still probably your best winger, maybe your 2nd best winger if you're a big Levin fan.

If you can get him to play like he was for the Gens last year, he's one of the only people in the league who can run with Byfield and keep up with his speed and skill

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Mcculum and 2 3s? Where do I sign!

I could see both teams being into that.

Sudbury obviously gets Noel and the Gens get McCallum for the rest of the year and see if he's a guy going forward. If he's not then you have a 17 year old first round pick that you can trade next year for a huge asset (like Hamilton did with Connor Roberts for Nick Caamano and Ryan Moore)

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I could see both teams being into that.

Sudbury obviously gets Noel and the Gens get McCallum for the rest of the year and see if he's a guy going forward. If he's not then you have a 17 year old first round pick that you can trade next year for a huge asset (like Hamilton did with Connor Roberts for Nick Caamano and Ryan Moore)
And I think people here underrate McCallum because he's not Byfield or Murray (who we all forget had one of the best rookie seasons in a while). The kid has some great tools, reminds me of a McShane, Studnicka or Robert Thomas perhaps

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
And I think people here underrate McCallum because he's not Byfield or Murray (who we all forget had one of the best rookie seasons in a while). The kid has some great tools, reminds me of a McShane, Studnicka or Robert Thomas perhaps

I agree I think McCallum is going to develop into a good player. But at this point the game is still way to fast for him in my opinion. I think skill wise he is on par with everything Stillman brings to the team but I feel like Stillman adjusted to the speed of the OHL game much faster than McCallum.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I agree I think McCallum is going to develop into a good player. But at this point the game is still way to fast for him in my opinion. I think skill wise he is on par with everything Stillman brings to the team but I feel like Stillman adjusted to the speed of the OHL game much faster than McCallum.
agreed, some rookies just take time

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
agreed, some rookies just take time

i don’t beleive Mc Calum should’ve been a first round pick, and either do many others. So speculating on Mc Callum in any trade as “a first round pick” is a crap shoot as many don’t see him as one. They see a 1st rounder with three total points.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
why was mcallum taken in the first round if he was not a 1st round pick?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
i don’t beleive Mc Calum should’ve been a first round pick, and either do many others. So speculating on Mc Callum in any trade as “a first round pick” is a crap shoot as many don’t see him as one. They see a 1st rounder with three total points.
I don’t think he was a first rounder either but I do think he holds the same value as most first rounders would, these are 16 (some 15) year old kids. Teams know so few rookies put up points their first season, I wouldn’t worry about his value. He’s been kind of snake bitten too and isn’t getting much ice. He wasn’t my guy there but he’s still a good young player

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I don’t think he was a first rounder either but I do think he holds the same value as most first rounders would, these are 16 (some 15) year old kids. Teams know so few rookies put up points their first season, I wouldn’t worry about his value. He’s been kind of snake bitten too and isn’t getting much ice. He wasn’t my guy there but he’s still a good young player

He will be good one, just physical size at this point, but has the skills, skating, and grit. I can see a big jump for him nex yeart has he gets bigger and stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
He will be good one, just physical size at this point, but has the skills, skating, and grit. I can see a big jump for him nex yeart has he gets bigger and stronger.
I see it in two years (which will be his draft season) with he and Larmand being high end 3rd liners/low end 2nds next season before making a really good tenacious first line in their draft years (they're both late birthdays only Stillman is eligible next year.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016

Danny Zhikin - 14th overall - 6 points
Jon-Randall Avon - 11th overall - 6 points
Deni Goure - 10th overall - 9 points

I don't believe it's that black and white. All of the above were picked before Landon and although they have slightly more points then him would you consider that those guys aren't first rounders? Chase Stillman is outscoring all of those guys! Does that mean we should consider him being a top 10 pick? He's 7th in scoring...

Lots of people wanted us to take Sirizzotti who's played a total of 8 games this year.

Just saying,

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Re: McCallum, it's a good thing we got him in round 1 and Stillman in round 2. There were nepotism worries and such, but you can see why there was a debate about Stillman initially being thought of in round 1. He is legitimately a 1st round talent, and not being allowed to trade him this year is a godsend.

That's no knock on McCallum. I've liked alot of what I've seen from him and I think he'll be a very good 18/19 year old in this league and should become an NHL pick down the line. If we decide to move him for an impact forward though, so be it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad