Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I take Thompson and Loponen over the first pair, I don't care about age. Half of why Thompson is flying up rankings is because he plays like a vet at 17. Hoefenmayer-Bahl are beasts but we won't have that, Thompson-Loponen is a modern day first pair. I'm not opposed to adding someone to have 3 top 2 D and drop one of the two down to play with Ross I just dont see the negativity.

Hudson is 20, big and physical, and played in an OHL final and has 8 pts, +10 in 14 games with the Petes.
Chisholm is 19, 32 pts in 25 games and may be playing for Canada at WJC.
Thompson is a very good 17 yr old that may get drafted in 2nd round. Loponen is good offensively, gets caught up ice and beaten with regularity

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hudson is 20, big and physical, and played in an OHL final and has 8 pts, +10 in 14 games with the Petes.
Chisholm is 19, 32 pts in 25 games and may be playing for Canada at WJC.
Thompson is a very good 17 yr old that may get drafted in 2nd round. Loponen is good offensively, gets caught up ice and beaten with regularity
Difference in opinion, I love the Thompson, Loponen crew. I think they could get the job done, especially since essentially our whole D is low end 1s to high end 4s

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Difference in opinion, I love the Thompson, Loponen crew. I think they could get the job done, especially since essentially our whole D is low end 1s to high end 4s

definite difference in opinion. FWIW, I like Loponen & Thompson on the PP; and, I think they along with Stratis would be a fine right side if the wolves added two LD better defensively than any D currently in the roster

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm honoured:

Up to date standings going into the Kingston game tomorrow night
2019-2020 Standings (last game calculated: Nov 30 @ OTT)

KEEPITREAL: 23
GenerallyAllBusiness: 21
Nerf27: 21
GensFan2k2: 20
GeneralsUpdates: 19
Chipmunk: 19
GeneralConversation: 17
Hush10: 16
TommyV27: 16
ThreeDogNight: 16
AWagner3018: 13
WhatAnAthol: 12
TuckerFan1: 11
Reeno: 9
ViewFromSection9: 7
OshawaFan2018: 1
Dirty12: 0

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I'm honoured:

Up to date standings going into the Kingston game tomorrow night
2019-2020 Standings (last game calculated: Nov 30 @ OTT)

KEEPITREAL: 23
GenerallyAllBusiness: 21
Nerf27: 21
GensFan2k2: 20
GeneralsUpdates: 19
Chipmunk: 19
GeneralConversation: 17
Hush10: 16
TommyV27: 16
ThreeDogNight: 16
AWagner3018: 13
WhatAnAthol: 12
TuckerFan1: 11
Reeno: 9
ViewFromSection9: 7
OshawaFan2018: 1
Dirty12: 0

Good job brother you made it!!!

:partytime::cheers:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I take Thompson and Loponen over the first pair, I don't care about age. Half of why Thompson is flying up rankings is because he plays like a vet at 17. Hoefenmayer-Bahl are beasts but we won't have that, Thompson-Loponen is a modern day first pair. I'm not opposed to adding someone to have 3 top 2 D and drop one of the two down to play with Ross I just dont see the negativity.
If a d-man is not 6'4" and clubs people with his stick Sudbury fans tend to think he's bad and can't be a top pairing D.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If a d-man is not 6'4" and clubs people with his stick Sudbury fans tend to think he's bad and can't be a top pairing D.

while other Sudbury fans think big physical 20 yr old defensive D with 4-5 yrs experience and low PIM are unnecessary in the OHL playoffs.
I just can’t believe some think Thompson, Loponen, Phillips is preferable now and playoffs than Chisholm, Hudson, Paquette. There is a 6 year age and 8 season difference between those two groups of D.

Last edited:

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
while other Sudbury fans think big physical 20 yr old defensive D with 4-5 yrs experience and low PIM are unnecessary in the playoffs.
I just can’t believe some think Thompson, Loponen, Phillips is preferable now and playoffs than Chisholm, Hudson, Paquette.

I think it’s about the program. To trade a 2nd round D in his draft year when he can return for two seasons isn’t a good thing for the program. Especially a guy who’s been a reliable top 4 guy all year right now. You can upgrade without giving away your blue chip guys. How much of an upgrade are you getting when your trading Thompson?

I didn’t like the Carrick deal a few years ago and I wouldn’t want to give up Phillips and Thompson right now.
Like you said it’s a difference of opinion which is good.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think it’s about the program. To trade a 2nd round D in his draft year when he can return for two seasons isn’t a good thing for the program. Especially a guy who’s been a reliable top 4 guy all year right now. You can upgrade without giving away your blue chip guys. How much of an upgrade are you getting when your trading Thompson?

I didn’t like the Carrick deal a few years ago and I wouldn’t want to give up Phillips and Thompson right now.
Like you said it’s a difference of opinion which is good.

I suppose there could be an offer that cannot be refused; but, no one is suggesting to trade Thompson. Trading Phillips to make the team better now would be painless, imo. It’s that level of player that most often gets traded when buying and acquired when selling

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I suppose there could be an offer that cannot be refused; but, no one is suggesting to trade Thompson. Trading Phillips to make the team better now would be painless, imo. It’s that level of player that most often gets traded when buying and acquired when selling

I think we should move one of our R shot D. Not our L shots. I wouldn’t move Phillips or Loopanen but can live with moving the other guys.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
delete

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 10.16.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 10.16.36 AM.png
    790 KB · Views: 4

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Nice hat trick by Byfield. I was happy to see Weeks play well. Weeks to me has all the tools, just needs to grab that #1 position.
You might be right Cub. Only thing is he may have a huge confidence problem that needs to be solved. By the way, your'e welcome, it looks like Q read my post. Seriously good for him, he needs to be a game breaker. The positive is they found a way to win. Pulling the goalie every other game is still a huge problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patverbeek
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->