Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Buddy you are hilarious. I like the kid. I don't care that he is the coach's kid. I am talking about a rookie who has a high number of turnovers in the neutral zone. He tends to get over played and is put out at times when he shouldn't. There is no burner account needed. If you have been reading my past posts I am pretty neutral about players and admit when I am off. This is 100% call it as I see it. I simply agree with a previous poster who has picked up on a pattern of play.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Buddy you are hilarious. I like the kid. I don't care that he is the coach's kid. I am talking about a rookie who has a high number of turnovers in the neutral zone. He tends to get over played and is put out at times when he shouldn't. There is no burner account needed. If you have been reading my past posts I am pretty neutral about players and admit when I am off. This is 100% call it as I see it. I simply agree with a previous poster who has picked up on a pattern of play.

So easy to see you tried a burner account, that jwu burner account miraculously stopped after called it out. lmao

Rookies, Larmand, Ribeau, McCallam plus/minus not better than Stillman's, but he gets called out, your funny.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
So easy to see you tried a burner account, that jwu burner account miraculously stopped after called it out. lmao

Rookies, Larmand, Ribeau, McCallam plus/minus not better than Stillman's, but he gets called out, your funny.
I wonder if Stillmans +/- is better because he plays with Levin/Bulitka or Carson/Hutchinson... Nah that couldn't be it. :)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
While I do agree with you, Stillman is an absolute giveaway machine. Luckily he can shoot the puck, but he'll definitely have to work on the rest of his game.

I honestly don't think our defence is that bad.... Many of the goals tonight were savable.

the D is bad for a wannabe contender; it’s 5th-6th best in the conference behind Petes, ‘67s, Colts, Gens, and maybe even Steelheads

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I wonder if Stillmans +/- is better because he plays with Levin/Bulitka or Carson/Hutchinson... Nah that couldn't be it. :)

Oh the other Debbie Downer djscooter on the board, I think he has proved himself capable of playing on any line, don't need to prove anything to you.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
For the record... our depth up front would be better if we you know, played our depth up front. Just saying.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
And I have seen stillman make giveaways but so do all rookies it doesn’t really worry me

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
For the record... our depth up front would be better if we you know, played our depth up front. Just saying.
Our depth as you call it isn't really depth. Our vet forwards playing third line are not second or first line players. Stillman has more upside and has shown more offense capabilities. Those guys have had their opportunity to move up but haven't taken it. Some players raise their level as a third year player and some stay stagnant.

And if they add at least two scoring forwards (hope) they might be moved out to make room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patverbeek

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Stillman repeatedly makes turnovers in bad spots. The offensive zone is no big deal but when he turns it over at his own blue line or in his zone that’s a problem. It’s fine for him to play right now with the injuries but when Manikis, Gilhula and another high end forward comes in, if he still has his same role and icetime we’ll know what’s going on.

Reactions: HockeyHell

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Stillman repeatedly makes turnovers in bad spots. The offensive zone is no big deal but when he turns it over at his own blue line or in his zone that’s a problem. It’s fine for him to play right now with the injuries but when Manikis, Gilhula and another high end forward comes in, if he still has his same role and icetime we’ll know what’s going on.

Trust me if he wasn't Coaches son, none of you guys would question it. I bet most of you would say he should be on the first line if it wasn't son of the coach. Talk about just to start something up, he has earned his ice time, and has been productive. I've seen Robinson, Gilhula etc give up puck up regularly but no one talks about it. Give it a break.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
Gilhula will get more play if he can stay healthy, thing is, he always hurt. Manikis not sure about him. Cant stay healthy as well and is a rookie himself. IMO he's earned his ice. If vets want more start producing Seperate yourself.

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Our depth as you call it isn't really depth. Our vet forwards playing third line are not second or first line players. Stillman has more upside and has shown more offense capabilities. Those guys have had their opportunity to move up but haven't taken it. Some players raise their level as a third year player and some stay stagnant.

And if they add at least two scoring forwards (hope) they might be moved out to make room.
I mean playing 8D instead of DeGrazia, Biondi, Smith

Reactions: justawolfan

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
The Wolves can score, this is not their issue. They have a hole in net, bad defence and trouble on their 3rd and 4th lines. Adding someone to play with Byfield is a nice option, but really won't help this team. The Wolves need help in net and their defence. And a couple of good defensive minded players.

I agree with your analysis. Offensively, we might score another goal, on average, with another player on Q's line, but scoring 6 goals per game vs 5 isn't really the issue. We need to bring down the goals against and we know who to fix that! Tougher, more defensive-minded backend and that included a number one goalie. Throw in another two-way forward and that's the icing on the cake imo.

I Loveallsports

Apr 13, 2010
I mean playing 8D instead of DeGrazia, Biondi, Smith
Not unusual for teams to keep their prospects away for a year. Give them more seasoning to make the FULL jump the following season.

IMO once the trade deadline is over the picture will be alot clearer and guys will be in their familiar roles.

Last edited:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Trust me if he wasn't Coaches son, none of you guys would question it. I bet most of you would say he should be on the first line if it wasn't son of the coach. Talk about just to start something up, he has earned his ice time, and has been productive. I've seen Robinson, Gilhula etc give up puck up regularly but no one talks about it. Give it a break.
Actually I have discussed Gilhula at length for a couple years. This year however he has been playing better. Robinson has also been discussed and guess what he is just now starting to play better. You are so defensive of a simple observation of a rookie who guess what will also get better..stop accusing people of having 2nd accounts because they don't agree with your opinion. What rock did you crawl out of. I support the coaching staff 95% of the time. Do better research Sherlocke.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Actually I have discussed Gilhula at length for a couple years. This year however he has been playing better. Robinson has also been discussed and guess what he is just now starting to play better. You are so defensive of a simple observation of a rookie who guess what will also get better..stop accusing people of having 2nd accounts because they don't agree with your opinion. What rock did you crawl out of. I support the coaching staff 95% of the time. Do better research Sherlocke.

You are to easy my friend, you're jwu and you know it, who wanted the coaching staff fired, it's so you. We are lucky to have Chase Stillman on team but you're too blind to see it. I remember the same was said with Nick and Marcus Foligno with Mike Foligno as coach, same fools said the same crap. Guess what they are both in the NHL, so stick that in your ear.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Goaltending remains a huge concern. It’s not the main topic but it sure would be if the Wolves managed to blow the game. Weeks started out great and made some really good saves, then it’s back to letting weak goals in. He seems to struggle with consistency even during a game. Look at those goals last night. To me at least four were weak.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013

I would because I have because I think Robinson is turnover prone as well. I never said Stillman wasn’t a good player because he is but for a second round rookie to get the ice and opportunity on a veteran forward group that he is while the first rounder isn’t is a bad look. Mistakes are expected but repeat mistakes shouldn’t be.

McCallum got an opportunity last night and he did well with it. Let’s hope for more on Sunday

Reactions: hockeynorth

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Goaltending remains a huge concern. It’s not the main topic but it sure would be if the Wolves managed to blow the game. Weeks started out great and made some really good saves, then it’s back to letting weak goals in. He seems to struggle with consistency even during a game. Look at those goals last night. To me at least four were weak.

Two goals no one could have stopped, one maybe and two bad ones. Kooy, Daws, Ingham all available and I’d check back on Dichow to see if any5hing has changed

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I would because I have because I think Robinson is turnover prone as well. I never said Stillman wasn’t a good player because he is but for a second round rookie to get the ice and opportunity on a veteran forward group that he is while the first rounder isn’t is a bad look. Mistakes are expected but repeat mistakes shouldn’t be.

McCallum got an opportunity last night and he did well with it. Let’s hope for more on Sunday

Like I said some veterans are out of lineup got moved up. At the same time I think he is more effective than some of these veterans and rookies, to me he has played his way ahead of Gilhula, Manikas, McCallum, who are all right hand shot. That is another reason McConville got bumped out RW.

Who else would you have put on RW last night game?

Reactions: Iloveallsports

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Two goals no one could have stopped, one maybe and two bad ones. Kooy, Daws, Ingham all available and I’d check back on Dichow to see if any5hing has changed

Dichow is under contract and playing 2/3 of the games! He’s not coming over! At least not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->