Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Word from a reliable source in Sault st Marie is that there very close too getting mccallum. Rumoured to be for brkin and LeGuerrier.

with bulitka on wavers and expected to be traded this gives the Wolves there goalie they need.

You forgot Hayton in the deal.. I call bull sh jondeer

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Word from a reliable source in Sault st Marie is that there very close too getting mccallum. Rumoured to be for brkin and LeGuerrier.

with bulitka on wavers and expected to be traded this gives the Wolves there goalie they need.

1st picks generally get much better players than that. Maybe contingent on Hayton and a ridiculous amount of picks from the wolves.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

lol no way that is where McCallum is going. Considering yesterday I heard McCallum doesn't really want to waive, that Papineau isn't very willing to move him, and some teams with bigger names (try Guelph and Oshawa) are pushing for him, something huge would have changed unless it's for this guy who has the first name Barrett...

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Can anyone from any board with OHL knowledge fill me in here... are two parter deals illegal, like say we got daws for cheap but then sent them Stillman in the summer.......

Reactions: StorminNorman

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Can anyone from any board with OHL knowledge fill me in here... are two parter deals illegal, like say we got daws for cheap but then sent them Stillman in the summer.......

very frowned upon, the only way the OHL has come with to police this is same players traded in 13 month period and monitoring identical picks exchanged between two teams

see Windsor-Kitchener 2-part deal 2017-18 as a way to bend rule

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
very frowned upon, the only way the OHL has come with to police this is same players traded in 13 month period and monitoring identical picks exchanged between two teams

see Windsor-Kitchener 2-part deal 2017-18 as a way to bend rule
That’s what I thought, but it can happen that’s what I wanted to know. Thanks.

Reactions: dirty12

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Stillman is not trading his son unless he can guaranty he gets first line/top PP ice time in his draft year.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Stillman is not trading his son unless he can guaranty he gets first line/top PP ice time in his draft year.
Too bad Stillman isn’t GM... not saying it’s happening just checking in on something I heard a little out of left field to make sure it was legal. I do think Stillman is on the hot seat or may be moving on by choice shortly.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
No. All I've heard is

Want a goalie - preferably not an OA
Overvaluing their players
Interest in Lodnia
Interest in Noel
Bulitka on recallable waivers

So reading between the lines:

Kooy
Overrating McCallum and Phillips
Want to upgrade Bulitka
Want to add a top winger for Byfield

Nothing on a defenseman, that's interesting. Not sure what would be left after making any of these moves, but honestly if we got Lodnia I'd rather see a move made for a top dman than Noel. Is Harley really available?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
If Ottawa & Niagara go down the road together on an Akil Thomas move, it'll likely be a two parter too.

You say everythings going to be a two parter lol and the only legit 2-parter we've seen in the last 5 years was Stanley two WSR

Last year you said Tomasino was going to Oshawa as part 2 of the Studnicka trade, didn't happen. You said Merkley was going to SAG for Porco and a part 2 of that trade would happen (although part 1 didn't even happen)

2 part trades are fan fiction. They don't actually happen. They account for about 0.01% of OHL trades lol

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016

Kooy
Want to upgrade Bulitka

Nothing on a defenseman, that's interesting.

If your Paps, why wouldn't you overvalue McCullum and Phillips? The market is moving really slowly. You don't have a lot of assets to work with. You have to make them count if your going to trade them. Nothing wrong with that IMO. I feel like sellers have more to lose then buyers. Until you get outbid by someone why overpay? Teams circle back to try to get more from teams. Everyone always wants more. Best not to panic and overpay.

Reactions: howlman

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Kooy
Want to upgrade Bulitka

Nothing on a defenseman, that's interesting. Not sure what would be left after making any of these moves, but honestly if we got Lodnia I'd rather see a move made for a top dman than Noel. Is Harley really available?
True no D is weird

Reactions: dirty12

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
What a funny farm! Some butting of heads taking place in Wolves land. No one to blame here other than the GM. Sat on his hands for 8 months when you have Byfield, Murray, Levin, McCallum and Stratis as first rounders still with the team. When you have serviceable first rounders their should be no reason that your supporting cast should be in place. And at the deadline you should be able to make the moves necessary to put you over the top. Something seriously wrong with the vision and planning. Was it last minute planning or no planning at all? Just a complete joke.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille