Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Well, if we have 6 cards left, lets use them up lol

With all the rumours going around, lets pencil in the fantasy line-up:

Robinson Byfield Noel
Murray Levin OA Lodnia OA
Hutcheson Manikis Baker
Stillman Larmand Gilhula
scratch: Biondi

Leguerrier Loponen
Gross Thompson
Ross Serensits
scratch: Ribau, Samuelsson

Brkin OA
Purboo/Weeks

Reactions: hockeynorth

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
It's funny that noone seems to like a deal that addresses your biggest needs, a goalie and shutdown dman. Yes McCallum is a big price but one deal addresses two needs. Everyone seems to want to use that chip on Lodnia, a goal scorer, when your biggest need is the back end. Kooy has shown nothing. You want to gamble there?
Everyone has a right to there own opinions and I respect that. The above is my opinion.

Your OA goalie is barely an upgrade on Purboo. Pass.

And save yourself the trouble to trying to hype up an OA goalie with a .895 that was cast aside from the WHL.

Kooy's had a rough season but has had two pretty good years for OHL standards before this. Literally all of us would probably rather have Kooy.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Your OA goalie is barely an upgrade on Purboo. Pass.
Not really. He is one of the top 6 or 7 in the league from what I have seen. We were something like 10 losses in a 12 game stretch before he arrived, and then with him in net have had a great run with really decent goals against. And this is playing behind a d group that gives up many quality chances.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You say everythings going to be a two parter lol and the only legit 2-parter we've seen in the last 5 years was Stanley two WSR

Last year you said Tomasino was going to Oshawa as part 2 of the Studnicka trade, didn't happen. You said Merkley was going to SAG for Porco and a part 2 of that trade would happen (although part 1 didn't even happen)

2 part trades are fan fiction. They don't actually happen. They account for about 0.01% of OHL trades lol
Right on corners.

Reactions: Square Corners

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
For one I thought his numbers would be considerably higher, and yes I expected him and others to carry the slack when Byfield was gone. The question was would you replace Lodnia as a OA vs Bulitka, how can you say it is not upgrade? I like Bulitka and he is a class act but if that's on the table, it's a no brainer.

Release Bulitka, then give min. 2,2,3,5 picks for Lodinia is a no brainer? For that price, it better be a top OA D which the team really needs

Reactions: HockeyHell

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Not really. He is one of the top 6 or 7 in the league from what I have seen. We were something like 10 losses in a 12 game stretch before he arrived, and then with him in net have had a great run with really decent goals against. And this is playing behind a d group that gives up many quality chances.

FYI when it comes to goalies and you have a large enough sample size, stats tell almost the entire story.

Fact of the matter is your goalie's sv% tells me he's worth about 1 extra save per 120 shots than Purboo this year. His .914 in the WHL last year at 19, a much more defensive league, is less impressive than Kooy's .908 in the OHL last year at 18 in a much more offensive league.

Brkin also eats an OA slot, which Kooy does not. Ultimately for Sudbury to give the Sault McCallum, we would need to see Hayton in the deal, and yes I realize that would mean also shipping every single one of our high draft picks for the next several years, along with Phillips your way as well. And yes, I know even that might not be enough....but if it isn't then there just isn't a deal to be made.

But LeGuerrier and Brkin for McCallum+ is laughable compared to separate deals for Kooy and Lodnia that don't involve McCallum.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
FYI when it comes to goalies and you have a large enough sample size, stats tell almost the entire story.

Fact of the matter is your goalie's sv% tells me he's worth about 1 extra save per 120 shots than Purboo this year. His .914 in the WHL last year at 19, a much more defensive league, is less impressive than Kooy's .908 in the OHL last year at 18 in a much more offensive league.

Brkin also eats an OA slot, which Kooy does not. Ultimately for Sudbury to give the Sault McCallum, we would need to see Hayton in the deal, and yes I realize that would mean also shipping every single one of our high draft picks for the next several years, along with Phillips your way as well. And yes, I know even that might not be enough....but if it isn't then there just isn't a deal to be made.

But LeGuerrier and Brkin for McCallum+ is laughable compared to separate deals for Kooy and Lodnia that don't involve McCallum.
Fine but stats in 18 games including 9 against vs Windsor when the team played a horrid game and 4 in the first last week against your Wolves is enough to skew his stats. But it's your opinion which I respect. Ultimately I feel Kooy is not in his bracket and to settle for him will hurt your chances to get past the second round. McCallum is a high price agreed, but not so much if it includes Leguerriere who is solid. IMO.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Release Bulitka, then give min. 2,2,3,5 picks for Lodinia is a no brainer? For that price, it better be a top OA D which the team really needs

are you the new OHLInsider? how did you know the deal and compensation?

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Fine but stats in 18 games including 9 against vs Windsor when the team played a horrid game and 4 in the first last week against your Wolves is enough to skew his stats. But it's your opinion which I respect. Ultimately I feel Kooy is not in his bracket and to settle for him will hurt your chances to get past the second round. McCallum is a high price agreed, but not so much if it includes Leguerriere who is solid. IMO.
Sorry 3 goals against in 14 minutes against the Wolves last week, and he was hung out to dry on them. But, whatever. Trades will happen and people will feel like they have a great trade or got fleeced while looking at the same deal.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well, if we have 6 cards left, lets use them up lol

With all the rumours going around, lets pencil in the fantasy line-up:

Robinson Byfield Noel
Murray Levin OA Lodnia OA
Hutcheson Manikis Baker
Stillman Larmand Gilhula
scratch: Biondi

Leguerrier Loponen
Gross Thompson
Ross Serensits
scratch: Ribau, Samuelsson

Brkin OA
Purboo/Weeks
Easy to pencil in but who would you give up.:popcorn:

Reactions: howlman

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
are you the new OHLInsider? how did you know the deal and compensation?

precedence. Lodinia is top OA F, Phillips is top OA D; they will get Hawel & Paquette type returns. Any less, they stay or go to the team of their choosing

cub

Apr 11, 2012
precedence. Lodinia is top OA F, Phillips is top OA D; they will get Hawel & Paquette type returns. Any less, they stay or go to the team of their choosing

we don't know the deal or speculate, there could be players involved not just picks.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
we don't know the deal or speculate, there could be players involved not just picks.
he's saying thats the deal base doff precedence, hes predicting. I would've thought it'd be a 2nd and two thirds with maybe one being conditional, so similar to what he predicts it will be

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
he's saying thats the deal base doff precedence, hes predicting. I would've thought it'd be a 2nd and two thirds with maybe one being conditional, so similar to what he predicts it will be

I'm clear what he is saying, it's all speculation right now, players could be involved not just picks for compensation.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Easy to pencil in but who would you give up.:popcorn:

Hate to be an armchair GM, but since you asked:

McCallum, Stratis and picks for Noel, Gross

Phillips and picks for Leguerrier, Brkin

Draft picks for Lodnia

Draft pick for Baker

Picks to work with:
2nd 20
4th 20
2nd 21
2nd 22
3rd 22
4th 22
2nd 23
3rd 23
4th 23
2nd 24
3rd 24

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hate to be an armchair GM, but since you asked:

McCallum, Stratis and picks for Noel, Gross

Phillips and picks for Leguerrier, Brkin

Draft picks for Lodnia

Draft pick for Baker

Picks to work with:
2nd 20
4th 20
2nd 21
2nd 22
3rd 22
4th 22
2nd 23
3rd 23
4th 23
2nd 24
3rd 24
2nd 25
3rd 25

cant trade ‘25 picks yet; otherwise, not unreasonable if using all picks

Reactions: howlman

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
If they don't belong in this league where do they belong? Hmm... Sorry for just logically going down a level.

What was productive about making the comment originally? Only to create gossip. You created this topic of conversation, not me. You opened it up. Enough with the BS comment and backtracking once someone calls you out on it for the sake of the kids. You've been saying how bad this team is and they have no chance of winning for weeks. How is saying they don't belong in the league any different?

Saying that a team is bad, is what you have said. I did not say that. What I said is very simple, the team has way too many holes to fill to go all in. That’s all.

Sa far as the players, what you and many other poster have attested is that the team has to “move players” and assets to do this. I agree with that 100%, we only differ on who should be moved.

My statement is reply to that comment, indirectly, based on conversations I have made with hockey people in the league. In several of those conversations, there were several players mentioned that THEY believe should not be in the league. That is the reference. Thus , these players are not considered assets to many of the teams in the league looking to up grade as it is THEIR opinion, and mine with respect to a couple mentioned, that these players should not be in the league.

As far as going down a level, Jr B is not the next level, it is JR. A, not “Major” JR. A. The NOJHL is JR A for example.

My advice to you is to understand what you read before you comment on a post. If I or anyone else decides NOT to provide additional information, that is our choice to do so. Your best and smartest move would be to respect that decision and not make a scene about it.

If you would like to discuss it further, PM me and we can discuss this further.

jondeer

Oct 20, 2017
Looks like the trade is getting near completion. Brkin will be sitting on the bench tonight.....staying healthy is key to the deal

Sudburysaturdaynight

Sep 9, 2013
This team has way to many holes to be going for it.We need a goalie,couple of D and a couple of decent forwards.Sell Sell Sell.... And then fire PAPS and the rest of the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->