Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Very. Arguably the best 2-way / defensive forward on the team so.....?
Honestly, I don't even know at this point. Above my pay grade. I do remember however he and Lane (who got released two years ago) where drafted at a decent pick. One survived the other did not.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
What players?

I' m not even going to touch that. What purpose would naming players serve for this particular reason? Gossip? Not going to do that. Names being dropped in possible trades are tough enough for a Jr player, but being named as a player who shouldn't be in the league is crushing to a kid.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Many of the players on the Wolves are over valued, that is why players like Levin are still here. Yes he is having a good season, but many GMs feel that he was not anywhere near a first overall pick, me included.

We all know the Levin story guys! He was the highest ranked player that would report! Burgess really messed things up. He messed up with Vilardi's brother. We had a terrible reputation at this point.

I also know for a fact that there are GMs in this league that believe that a couple of Wolves players shouldn't be in the league at all

What players?

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Sorry, I'm not one to comment on fantasy trades. Also don't know enough about these players you mentioned. Whatever makes this team better I'm for

McGregor and Lodnia are huge upgrades on Bulitka and Carson but I’d rather have one of them and Phillips from Guelph but he might have already been traded

Reactions: howlman

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I' m not even going to touch that. What purpose would naming players serve for this particular reason? Gossip? Not going to do that. Names being dropped in possible trades are tough enough for a Jr player, but being named as a player who shouldn't be in the league is crushing to a kid.

Then why bring it up? You can criticize the organization as much as you want though? GM'sare obviously doing this with people if your getting this info. You're suggesting that Wolves regulars are Junior B players, and that it's common knowledge. I think you need to back that up!

Reactions: Iloveallsports

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
McGregor and Lodnia are huge upgrades on Bulitka and Carson but I’d rather have one of them and Phillips from Guelph but he might have already been traded
I don't think Phillips is moving... unless London or Flint coughs up enough. I'd be happy with Lodnia, he may be able to provide what Noel can at a fraction of the cost too (like Ruzicka). I still want Serron Noel though lol

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
You would think we'd be able to trade, rather than waive Bulitka though? Even if it's just for a mid-late pick, it's something.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Is three years on the job a true rebuild? I have argued these moves in the past with you before not going at it again, the majority of these moves were forced moves players wanted out when Papineau first got there, except for Pezzetta, Ali, and Baker. Most of these were fixes from previous manager BB had made. Lalonde, Ali, Baker were not Papineau picks.

Sokolov was tank to get Byfield also they did get a credible player Alexey Lipanov 35 games with Barrie had 11 goals and 18 assists for 29 points at the time. Selected by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 3rd round (76th overall).

I'm not going to play hindsight manager like many on here do. If you look at all the moves at the time it all makes sense or hand was forced.

players wanting out, Papineau wanting others out, tanking to draft Byfield all lead to assets that were used within those three years for right now. Now is the window Papineau framed. The next window is three years away, or more.

Reactions: yalbmert25

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I feel bad for Bulitka; sadly, it’s one of those years where the OA market barely exists. A deal for (Phillips)or Gordeev would be awesome. Josling & Kooy would be cool too. Lodinia seems on a mission; but, preferably don’t send 3-4 to Niagara.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
players wanting out, Papineau wanting others out, tanking to draft Byfield all lead to assets that were used within those three years for right now. Now is the window Papineau framed. The next window is three years away, or more.

To build on this our rebuild is also cut short due to Byfield likely playing in the NHL next year. If this defensive group would have improved the way I expected them too this year, we could have been really good next year if it included our 1st pick overall from the 2018 draft.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
To build on this our rebuild is also cut short due to Byfield likely playing in the NHL next year. If this defensive group would have improved the way I expected them too this year, we could have been really good next year if it included our 1st pick overall from the 2018 draft.

But you hoped for a two year Byfield type @#1, right? Not a late birth like Levin to buy an extra year.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
This team reminds me of Mississauga 3 years ago. Remember when they spent most of the first half of the season between 7-9th in the east, but everyone knew they were full of talent, they made a few additions, and ended up far and away division winners and were OHL finalists. A couple moves this season and I could see us reaching the same heights. Lodnia would be a good discount option compared to a Hayton/Thomas type. See what it takes to then trade for Kooy and make that trade, then try calling Mississauga to see if you have enough assets left for Thomas Harley. Give up whatever it takes for him, McCallum included. Then next year you can trade Harley again to re-stock. On picks and to get someone's 16 year old first rounder, and make another run during Stillman & Larmand's 19 year old season.

jondeer

Oct 20, 2017
Word from a reliable source in Sault st Marie is that there very close too getting mccallum. Rumoured to be for brkin and LeGuerrier.

with bulitka on wavers and expected to be traded this gives the Wolves there goalie they need.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Word from a reliable source in Sault st Marie is that there very close too getting mccallum. Rumoured to be for brkin and LeGuerrier.

with bulitka on wavers and expected to be traded this gives the Wolves there goalie they need.
I really hope this is not true. That would be a terrible deal, and I'd hope Papineau is ejected from his position and flown directly into the sun if thats what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad