Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I would because I have because I think Robinson is turnover prone as well. I never said Stillman wasn’t a good player because he is but for a second round rookie to get the ice and opportunity on a veteran forward group that he is while the first rounder isn’t is a bad look. Mistakes are expected but repeat mistakes shouldn’t be.

McCallum got an opportunity last night and he did well with it. Let’s hope for more on Sunday
You can't say anything about the rookie or you are bashing him . I agree with you on both points.

Reactions: justawolfan

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Trust me if he wasn't Coaches son, none of you guys would question it. I bet most of you would say he should be on the first line if it wasn't son of the coach. Talk about just to start something up, he has earned his ice time, and has been productive. I've seen Robinson, Gilhula etc give up puck up regularly but no one talks about it. Give it a break.
Nope not a first liner.. keep it coming.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Carson..in numerous situations. Like my point has been, when he is playing well and the game isn't tight I don't care where you put him...but in the last three games ..there were many situations he should be pulled back. Put down your pom poms, take off the rosey glasses and watch the game.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Carson..in numerous situations. Like my point has been, when he is playing well and the game isn't tight I don't care where you put him...but in the last three games ..there were many situations he should be pulled back. Put down your pom poms, take off the rosey glasses and watch the game.

jwu lmao, if you watched the games, Carson is third line Center, behind Byfield, Levin. He was given tons opportunity to play on the top 6 beginning of the season. If you watch the games when lineup is healthy, it is Hutchinson, Carson, Stillman on Third Line. Carson plays more minutes than Stillman, he is often on first or second PP, and first PK. Carson is a valuable player, but his offense has dropped considerably if you follow his career. He is valuable shut down centre, who is very defensive responsible and physical.

Go back to my Foligno being criticized in playing sons, but you didn't touch that comment.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
We are lucky to have Chase Stillman on team but you're too blind to see it. I remember the same was said with Nick and Marcus Foligno with Mike Foligno as coach, same fools said the same crap. Guess what they are both in the NHL, so stick that in your ear.

Poor analogy, Marcus played 3-5 shifts per game in his age 16 season. He came out crushing opponents and earning meaningful minutes in year two.
Whatever, Stillman is a pretty good 16 yr old that I have no issue with playing 3rd line (no special teams) even after adding at the deadline. I think he will be an NHL player.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Exactly. Stillman will play in the NHL. ..PatVerbeek has suddenly popped up on this board and is really stirring the pot.
jwu lmao, if you watched the games, Carson is third line Center, behind Byfield, Levin. He was given tons opportunity to play on the top 6 beginning of the season. If you watch the games when lineup is healthy, it is Hutchinson, Carson, Stillman on Third Line. Carson plays more minutes than Stillman, he is often on first or second PP, and first PK. Carson is a valuable player, but his offense has dropped considerably if you follow his career. He is valuable shut down centre, who is very defensive responsible and physical.

Go back to my Foligno being criticized in playing sons, but you didn't touch that comment.
This is a ridiculous response. Carson is whatever the coach wants him to be. Just like all of them. I don't have a response to Foligno comment because it has zero to do with what we are talking about.

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Poor analogy, Marcus played 3-5 shifts per game in his age 16 season. He came out crushing opponents and earning meaningful minutes in year two.
Whatever, Stillman is a pretty good 16 yr old that I have no issue with playing 3rd line (no special teams) even after adding at the deadline. I think he will be an NHL player.

Not poor analogy, not as much Marcus, but Nick Foligno got the same criticism has Stillman is getting from brain trust on this board.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Exactly. Stillman will play in the NHL. ..PatVerbeek has suddenly popped up on this board and is really stirring the pot.

This is a ridiculous response. Carson is whatever the coach wants him to be. Just like all of them. I don't have a response to Foligno comment because it has zero to do with what we are talking about.

Ha Ha talk about a cop out.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Not poor analogy, not as much Marcus, but Nick Foligno got the same criticism has Stillman is getting from brain trust on this board.

sure seems odd for you to be ok with/defending nepotism. I think he will be fine; the apple doesn’t usually fall too far from the tree, right?

Reactions: djscooter

cub

Apr 11, 2012
sure seems odd for you to be ok with/defending nepotism. I think he will be fine; the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree, right?

We know how you feel about Coach Stillman, so you are poking your nose in it. Stillman can play so need for nepotism, just like Nick Foligno. We are not talking about a Connor Burgess here. The people that know hockey see Chase Stillman has a possible NHL prospect.

Reactions: WolvesFan

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016

stillman doesn’t seem like the 3rd line checking type of player. Until they upgrade with a top6 RW I have no issues with him getting top6 minutes. It’s good for his future and I don’t think we have a much better option right now.

that being said can we focus on the big game today? Not on some nepotism chatter? Stillman belongs in the O and coach stillman as the head coach has the authority to play him wherever the heck he wants! He’s the head coach!

Chase is a 16y/o who’s going to make mistakes. If coach is ok with that and I’m sure he is, so am I. All this changes if they get a true top 6 RW via trade! You can’t play Noel behind stillman for example. Then he prolly drops to the 4th line

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
We know how you feel about Coach Stillman, so you are poking your nose in it. Stillman can play so need for nepotism, just like Nick Foligno. We are not talking about a Connor Burgess here. The people that know hockey see Chase Stillman has a possible NHL prospect.

you should re-read/edit your posts so they make sense; and, try to stay on topic instead of taking offence

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
That empty netter alone was worth the price of admission.Sitting in section 13 saw him anticipate the play and accelerating from zero to 60 in a split second .Enjoy Sudbury because next year to watch him in person it will cost a lot more .

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
stillman doesn’t seem like the 3rd line checking type of player. Until they upgrade with a top6 RW I have no issues with him getting top6 minutes. It’s good for his future and I don’t think we have a much better option right now.

that being said can we focus on the big game today? Not on some nepotism chatter? Stillman belongs in the O and coach stillman as the head coach has the authority to play him wherever the heck he wants! He’s the head coach!

Chase is a 16y/o who’s going to make mistakes. If coach is ok with that and I’m sure he is, so am I. All this changes if they get a true top 6 RW via trade! You can’t play Noel behind stillman for example. Then he prolly drops to the 4th line

This is what should happen. I have no problem with the player at all but sometimes he gets more ice then he should. Friday was fine as they were short forwards and everyone got ice. My only issue for this year is that he’s not getting the same amount of ice time once the deadline is over. That can’t happen unless there are a run of injuries

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Murray is quietly having a really good season, tied for 20th in league scoring, Levin as well who's tied for 15th in only 24 games. I think we've got quite a solid top 3 scorer group going if they're all that high.

Only PBO, SAG and OTT have 3 guys in or tied for top 20 plus us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad