Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
They were dirty all night. Trying to intimate the wolves. Funny tho, they left Carson alone. Wonder why...
Would have been nice to see our more physical players show up in the 3rd and stick up for others. Hutchinson might as well have been in the stands :\

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Hard fought win. Im not a fan of hitting people from behind but Barrie seems to have an abundance of players who chose to do this on a regular basis. Slashing, crosschecking, punching all from behind. Maybe its me but I was always taught if your going to fight someone man up and face them. Blindside hit by Clarke with 10 seconds to go deserves a suspension. The Barrie coach should be ashamed of himself.
Wolves in the second seemed to forget how to receive a pass.
Congratulations to Weeks

member 236327

Win but it sure feels like a loss against a team full of thugs.

Hopefully byfield is not injured after that headshot at the end of the game. League really needs to step in. Refs tonight should be out of a job.

Wolves had 6 PP’s (1 for 6) to Barrie’s 3, and the play you’re taking about the guy got 5 and a game and will likely be suspended? I’m not sure what more you want the refs to do?

Plus I guess Hutch could have jumped onto the ice after Q was hit, but probably wanted to avoid the Automatic suspension..

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Wolves had 6 PP’s (1 for 6) to Barrie’s 3, and the play you’re taking about the guy got 5 and a game and will likely be suspended? I’m not sure what more you want the refs to do?

I guess I missed rule changes

Goalie can push the net off the moorings to end a play at will
Goalies can blocker players in the back of the head
Slashing a stick out of Byfields hands is a valid tactic to defend him.
Crosschecking a skater trying to get to the front of the net is a valid way to box him out.

My bad.

member 236327

I guess I missed rule changes

Goalie can push the net off the moorings to end a play at will
Goalies can blocker players in the back of the head
Slashing a stick out of Byfields hands is a valid tactic to defend him.
Crosschecking a skater trying to get to the front of the net is a valid way to box him out.

My bad.

Funny you mention pushing the net off the moorings as UPL was one of the worst at doing it last year..

You’re nitpicking

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Funny you mention pushing the net off the moorings as UPL was one of the worst at doing it last year..

You’re nitpicking
I'm sorry, you're right, this was the best-officiated game I've seen in my 15 years of season tickets. The refs definitely did not let it get out of hand and turn into a shit show.

Reactions: WolvesFan

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Can’t say enough about Weeks tonight! He play VERY well imo. Came up with the stops when we needed him too!

2 things:

1. I know I’m beating a dead horse here, but can someone please show the guy running Sound how to actually run the sound system... it’s absolutely horrendous!!

2. Refs were flat out terrible tonight, that’s all I have to say on that matter.

All in all, we played hard and came away with W, lets go and get 2 more this weekend!

Go Wolves Go!!

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynorth and cub

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I wanna get on the Weeks hype train, I really do...but he's been so inconsistent it's tough. Got yanked twice against Kitchener, most recently this past Monday after a great start in Missy.

I wanna see him string a few good starts together before really buying in, but I can certainly see the ability is in there somewhere. He got invited to an NHL rookie camp for a reason.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
I wanna get on the Weeks hype train, I really do...but he's been so inconsistent it's tough. Got yanked twice against Kitchener, most recently this past Monday after a great start in Missy.

I wanna see him string a few good starts together before really buying in, but I can certainly see the ability is in there somewhere. He got invited to an NHL rookie camp for a reason.

For Sure! I totally see where you are coming from, I am guarded as well. However, he played very well tonight!

Reactions: WaW

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I didn't have to chance to watch game, but was happy to see Manikis get opportunity on first line, and made the best of it. Good to see Weeks have a good game, I really think he could be the guy, just needs some consistency and games under his belt. He is big, agile, and good technically. I hope they give him a stretch of games as our number #1.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017

Stupid and dirty. I think Pezzetta got 13 games for one of these a few years ago. It should be at least that much, but at the very least he shouldn't be allowed to play again until Byfield is cleared from concussion protocol. That's the only way you can truly stop this garbage.

Classic Barrie play, always the dirtiest f'n team in the league.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
13 games for a Drysdale type top (16 yr old D) first time offender does not seem right to me. 5 is probably appropriate, 8 if the league sees it as an attempt to injure a premier player.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Stupid and dirty. I think Pezzetta got 13 games for one of these a few years ago. It should be at least that much, but at the very least he shouldn't be allowed to play again until Byfield is cleared from concussion protocol. That's the only way you can truly stop this garbage.

Jeez, I realized it was high but he flat out just put his elbow into his head.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
13 games for a Drysdale type top (16 yr old D) first time offender does not seem right to me. 5 is probably appropriate, 8 if the league sees it as an attempt to injure a premier player.

Ultimately the way the rule should be is that he shouldn't be able to play again before Byfield can.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

They were dirty all night. They should suspend the coach as well for letting his players play so irresponsible Just sayin..

Reactions: cub and Wisdom

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Ultimately the way the rule should be is that he shouldn't be able to play again before Byfield can.

Disagree. He gets off with one game if Byfield plays tonight or tomorrow? All dangerous bits should be reviewed and compared to previous dangerous hits and discipline; and, if the player is a repeat offender.

Reactions: hockieguy

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Disagree. He gets off with one game if Byfield plays tonight or tomorrow? All dangerous bits should be reviewed and compared to previous dangerous hits and discipline; and, if the player is a repeat offender.

No, there should certainly be a minimum. But the maximum should be inability to play until the victim can.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
No, there should certainly be a minimum. But the maximum should be inability to play until the victim can.

That's a horrible idea. What if the "victim" is some 4th liner or call up instead of Byfield? Nothing stops the team from sitting the kid a few extra games as a precaution. To many ways to game the system.

Did anyone go after Clarke after this? Taking a couple off the chin is a bigger deterrent than a handful of meaningless regular season games imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad