Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Two handed slash to a guys shoulder will get you a few games. OHL offices are closed on the weekend so, nobody will know until sometime next week. I’d expect a few games though.
Shoulder? Wasn’t really aware of that. Not crazy about this game. Wolves need a lead, they’re
Iikely a little disappointed after yesterday.

Last edited:

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Up 3-0 despite being outshot 30-14 after 2.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Disappointing to see Ottawa lose at home to Oshawa

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Without Uko Wolves would be fighting for there playoff lives
Absolute BS my friend. Total. Go to school and study the stats and then come back. This is an uninformed opinion that some who don’t follow the team have. Check see how few shots the Wolves allow. If you know anything about hockey you should see they have an excellent defensive structure. If you’re basing your opinion on today forget it, they were understandably disappointed after a huge game last night and didn’t play anywhere near their potential.
I’ve watched every game. Ukko bailed them out a lot early but not that nearly as much since. Yes he makes the key saves but it’s just as much the stabilizing force he provides. He hasn’t stolen every game. The Wolves are an excellent team and with competent goaltending (which they didn’t have in Ukko’s absence) they’d be right in the mix at the least.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Two handed slash to a guys shoulder will get you a few games. OHL offices are closed on the weekend so, nobody will know until sometime next week. I’d expect a few games though.

Thomas landed a two handed slash on a player at the end of the last game in Sudbury, no call. Maksimov can run around spearing people no calls. Spin the wheel of OHL justice.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Wolves 16-3-1-1 in last 21 games.
Crazy good
With a more competent OHL backup I doubt we would have went on that losing streak during Ukko’s absence and we could very realistically be leading the division. I doubt I’m the first one to think of this.
The players themselves though really didn’t react well to losing Ukko, they weren’t used to the mediocre goaltending (there were some real struggles) I guess but part of it’s also on them. Anyway I think it’s a valid observation and even if they could’ve played five hundred (or even less) with better goaltending we’re likely leading. It also has to be said that every team slumps to a degree but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it was their only lengthy losing streak all year.
Before some jump and accuse me of making excuses I’m not, I just believe it’s a mighty interesting hypothetical thought.
Of course the silver lining though is that Ukko got the gold and came back a champion.
Anyway to recap my main point was I believe our long skid was not so much only because we lost Ukko, but more importantly because we needed a better backup. Let that be a lesson in the importance of backups I suppose.

Last edited:

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Coincidentally I think that awesome streak started when Levin went down yet people can't wait for him to return. It should be "stay home Dave, we're better without you"

Please don't tell that to the peanut gallery that is Section 3 at every game lol.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Coincidentally I think that awesome streak started when Levin went down yet people can't wait for him to return. It should be "stay home Dave, we're better without you"

That’s one way of looking at it.
Another would be that the wolves are playing with 3 more 19 yr olds since the deadline while removing Malik and Tabak. I’m pretty certain that the only teams with the same amount or more 19-20 yr olds are; Niagara, Guelph, Oshawa, Saginaw, London, and Ottawa. Add a half dozen 18 yr olds, the wolves are now a veteran laden team with the league’s best goal tender.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad