Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I think anyone banking on Byfield being here for a D+1 season is taking a huge risk. I'd call it 50/50 at best.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Trade UPL. He is a very high value player who will be gone after this season, and your window is not this year. Comp value to Windsor goalie. Wolves need a goalie that fits in with the younger core. Do you have one in the system?

Reactions: hockeynorth

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Trade UPL. He is a very high value player who will be gone after this season, and your window is not this year. Comp value to Windsor goalie. Wolves need a goalie that fits in with the younger core. Do you have one in the system?

You won't get even close to comp goalies. Europeans are not worth anywhere near what their Canadian counterparts are. Look at Sokolov last year. Pennies on the dollar. Keep UPL, get a round or two of playoff experience.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Sokolov for Byfield is what it amounted to and to think we almost blew it on Byfield. Once again thank you Flint:thumbu:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Never happen for many reasons. Chiefly Ukko was brought in here with the knowledge that he would play a ton. I don’t think he or his entourage would appreciate shuffling him round after he has settled in and adjusted to the league, city etc. Als he’s our MVP man and we’re in first at near the halfway mark. There’d be a revolt and at this point you don’t want to alienate fans any more than they have been.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Sokolov for Byfield is what it amounted to and to think we almost blew it on Byfield. Once again thank you Flint:thumbu:
Let's not kick Flint when they're down and be happy it worked out the way it did, though I'm sure Quinton is too given the circumstance.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You won't get even close to comp goalies. Europeans are not worth anywhere near what their Canadian counterparts are. Look at Sokolov last year. Pennies on the dollar. Keep UPL, get a round or two of playoff experience.
Why is this? Not sure I follow your reasoning. A goalie is a goalie, provided you have an import spot open. As far as Sokolov, dropped ball, period. What do you expect when you wait till the eve of the deadline.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Uncalled for. Let's not kick Flint when they're down and be happy it worked out the way it did, though I'm sure Quinton is too given the circumstance.
Was not meant to be a knock on Flint they simply played every game to win to the end and when we were 1 pt behind them with 4 to go they went into the Soo and beat them. Playing to win to the end what did it get them? You want to go for it in this league play dirty like London and good for them, let everybody cry foul. You had better learn how to steal candy from a baby if you want to fast track ahead of other teams. Good guys finish last sorry to say.

Reactions: bigtimefan

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Why is this? Not sure I follow your reasoning. A goalie is a goalie, provided you have an import spot open. As far as Sokolov, dropped ball, period. What do you expect when you wait till the eve of the deadline.

Let’s pretend he’s on the block. Who is a contender looking for a goalie that has an open Euro spot or has one for us to take back. London and Ottawa are out, Saginaw I don’t want either Euro, Niagara has a goalie as does Oshawa. Guelph is an option if they decide they need a goalie. Owen Sound is a possibility as well.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Was not meant to be a knock on Flint they simply played every game to win to the end and when we were 1 pt behind them with 4 to go they went into the Soo and beat them. Playing to win to the end what did it get them? You want to go for it in this league play dirty like London and good for them, let everybody cry foul. You had better learn how to steal candy from a baby if you want to fast track ahead of other teams. Good guys finish last sorry to say.
Well suffice to say it worked out. However I don’t buy the notion that the Wolves deliberately lost games at all. Did management put the team in a position where losing was more likely? Yes but you play out the season and let the chips fall where they may. The Wolves could have easily ended up on the right side of a few of those games down the stretch but by the grace they didn’t. Case in point they lost to Flint in overtime late in the season. I know what you’re saying and last year was the first (and hopefully only) year I actually welcomed the losses towards the end. That is extremely hard for a die hard. Hope we never have to go there again.

Last edited:
Reactions: WolvesFan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Let’s pretend he’s on the block. Who is a contender looking for a goalie that has an open Euro spot or has one for us to take back. London and Ottawa are out, Saginaw I don’t want either Euro, Niagara has a goalie as does Oshawa. Guelph is an option if they decide they need a goalie. Owen Sound is a possibility as well.
If you’re saying they are much harder to move given their status as Euros and hence that drives the price down, then yes I see what you’re saying.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
No Pilons, No Levin, No Carson, No McConville, No Niz, No Ross. What the heck is going on???
Curfew??? Sounds like the wheels fell off this week. Can’t get to confident and complacent. I applaud the team brass for taking the proper steps for the credibility and betterment of the team.

WJ

Reactions: WolvesFan

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
That or some other sickness would be my thought as well! Especially going into an important divisional match up! I can understand and appreciate discipline as much as the next guy but that’s an awful lot of guys out all at once just in the name of discipline.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
On a very positive and encouraging stat, I was just looking at the goals for and against this year and it is the first time in quite some time that we made it to 100 goals for before 100 goals against! Regardless of how this season ends I’m already very pleased with where this team is heading!!

Go Wolves Go

Reactions: hockeynorth and cub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->