Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Unfortunate. I had high hopes for Nizhnikov even though Barrie was willing to part with him after giving up, up to 11 picks if all conditions were met for his rights.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
He was the first overall pic in the under 18 priority draft this year by Sudbury. They did okay with the Serentis pic the year prior.

Apparently, late bloomer, he grew quite a bit from his draft year, he's 6'2" now, be nice to see if we can call him up for a few games if possible.

BayOWolf

Jan 9, 2018
Apparently, late bloomer, he grew quite a bit from his draft year, he's 6'2" now, be nice to see if we can call him up for a few games if possible.

I wonder if they look for a deal that includes McGrath and call up Weeks for the remainder of the season - from January till March.
That would get him good experience for next year, if he stays around, as well as a chance to help the team succeed this season.

Reactions: cub

BayOWolf

Jan 9, 2018
Has anyone heard anything regarding UPL is leaving for the WJC’s? Is he here for any games this weekend or is he going to be out by then?

Luukkonen expected to leave Sudbury around Dec. 15, but no official word yet.

From Ben Leeson on Twitter.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
BayOWolf do you think Shane will get exceptional status ? Would sure be nice if Clarke is around when the Wolves pick.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I thought I’d mention there’s a good interview with coach Stillman on this weeks’ Lace em up, the Eastlink hockey show (should be available on demand). Seems like a good guy. Had some good things to say about the players enjoying winning etc. What I found most interesting was when he was asked whether he thought Paps will make changes before the deadline he said “I could expect our team to be different after the deadline”. Certainly seems to indicate the team is considering it.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I wonder if they look for a deal that includes McGrath and call up Weeks for the remainder of the season - from January till March.
That would get him good experience for next year, if he stays around, as well as a chance to help the team succeed this season.

BayOWolf, have you seen him play? it would make sense I think with regarding McGrath. We also have option to draft another import goalie if need be, next season.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Would be nice to have UPL twice more but I'd be content if we let him go after he starts in Barrie on Thursday.

He's played a ton this year and frankly if he wants an extra day off before leaving to join team Finland, he more than deserves it.

He's played his rear end off for us and and personally I'd let him decide what he wants to do. These little player-friendly things we can do for those who deserve it are the kinds of things that get players like UPL & their agents to give us a good reference for future import players we try to sway to join the team.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Would be nice to have UPL twice more but I'd be content if we let him go after he starts in Barrie on Thursday.

He's played a ton this year and frankly if he wants an extra day off before leaving to join team Finland, he more than deserves it.

He's played his rear end off for us and and personally I'd let him decide what he wants to do. These little player-friendly things we can do for those who deserve it are the kinds of things that get players like UPL & their agents to give us a good reference for future import players we try to sway to join the team.
Agree. For sure I wasnt expecting him Thursday so if he plays it’s a bonus.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Agree. For sure I wasnt expecting him Thursday so if he plays it’s a bonus.

He's a man playing in a boys league, he'll play both games before heading off to star for Finland. Then we get to watch the Luukkonen show frustrate Canada :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: cub

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Sounds like UPL will play both games this week. I'm sure he didn't want to miss Teddy Bear toss night!

Will be exciting to see Weeks get some game action. It's important the Wolves signed this kid now, as he was garnering lots of College interest.

Reactions: justawolfan and cub

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Anybody but Bowen, no offence to the kid but he's not at this level imo. Would love to see Frapps again and/or Weeks

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Very true so lets just leave it their, no need to get specific on what lead to his decision.

I have a tough time leaving it there. What was Papineau thinking when he traded with for him in the first place? I guess that is his one mulligan. Those lost picks would be very valuable around this time you think? It has become a lot harder today to make a deal than yesterday with Krill leaving IMO.

WJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad