GDT: Subprime auto loans @ AOL, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Kempny literally can’t even make a pass at this point. Absolutely terrible pass to Wilson in the neutral zone on that last shift then he can’t even pass it to him from 3 feet away in the zone to end the period. This guy f***ing sucks.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Kempny literally can’t even make a pass at this point. Absolutely terrible pass to Wilson in the neutral zone on that last shift then he can’t even pass it to him from 3 feet away in the zone to end the period. This guy f***ing sucks.
He hasnt been the problem this game

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Last time that happened Ovie turned into a 25g scorer. No thanks.
He didn’t turn into a 25 goal scorer because he became better at puck possession, using his body to shield the puck, making better passes, or making better decisions on zone entries instead of forcing himself over the blue line and then getting trapped or taking limp 100 foot shots on rushes. I’m literally saying to myself “well that rush is going nowhere”. I’ll take those things, I don’t even expect him to backcheck competently, gave up on that a long time ago .

This will sound harsh but he will be almost unplayable in the playoffs unless his shooting gets hot and the rest of his line and defensemen compensate for his puck handling incompetence.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
So much of their home play deserves much more booing. Pathetic.
This. Nothing short of embarrassing. No wonder there’s no energy from the crowd. Outplayed, outworked, and sloppy tonight. Same goes for the game against NJ but they pulled out a win against a bad team. Embarrassing effort against STL. And dig themselves an early hole and lose against DAL.

It’s actually incredible how poorly they’ve played at home this year. Even bad teams typically put up a better record and show more energy than this team at home.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Can we experiment now and just split up this Ovi-Kuznetsov-Wilson line for good? I don't think they've been good since the start of the year.

Let me see some Ovechkin-McMichael-Mantha
You have one guy who can handle the puck well on that line. If Snively returns I’d strongly lean toward returning him to that line.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
He didn’t turn into a 25 goal scorer because he became better at puck possession, using his body to shield the puck, making better passes, or making better decisions on zone entries instead of forcing himself over the blue line and then getting trapped or taking limp 100 foot shots on rushes. I’m literally saying to myself “well that rush is going nowhere”. I’ll take those things, I don’t even expect him to backcheck competently, gave up on that a long time ago .

This will sound harsh but he will be almost unplayable in the playoffs unless his shooting gets hot and the rest of his line and defensemen compensate for his puck handling incompetence.

Come on now. He's like 6th in the league in points and has 42 goals at age 36. He's pretty playable

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

id delete this embarrassing post lol…

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
You have one guy who can handle the puck well on that line. If Snively returns I’d strongly lean toward returning him to that line.
I dunno, I just think they need to finally split Ovi-Kuzy. Ovi-Backstrom is too old and Ovi-Eller was always very meh. But now that McMichael has emerged, i'd like to see them try something. But maybe someone on the fancy stats train can tell me what works. I have a feeling the Ovi-Kuzy hasn't been great at 5v5 lately

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Kempny rocking a 6% xGF% through two. Nice. 77/19 also single digits.

There's just way too big of a gap in their game that more detailed and disciplined teams will inevitably test and exploit. In the past they'd shrug it off more and still be able to dial it up offensively with their skill but that form and cohesion looks increasingly elusive.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Tonight he isn't close to the worse player on the ice
If you find me a player who’s been worse than him, then god bless that poor soul.

Johansson made a terrible play on the Aho goal and there has been other terrible plays as well, but Kempny has made a number of plays with the puck that make you question what he’s even seeing out there. Every pass that isn’t D to D is in someone’s skates or right to a Carolina player. His effort is there but his skill level (and now his skating) isn’t even NHL caliber.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The whole team has been molten ass but Mojo and Kempny stand out as players who just have no idea what to do with the puck anymore, and when they attempt something it seems to backfire 50% of the time.

I'm pretty confident the rest of the lineup has the ABILITY to find another gear come playoff time. I'm not so confident in Kempny and Mojo. They both look done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad