GDT: Subprime auto loans @ AOL, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
i don't think that's a major but why hit anyone with a second left, let's get out of here

I'm not even sure it's a penalty. He only lined him up from like 10 feet away and didn't even hit him that hard. Shoulder to shoulder and from the side.

He was injured because he landed funny and his leg buckled. Eller isn't a dirty player and that wasn't a dirty hit.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sportsmanship cuts both ways. Just because Smith is an idiot who doesn't care about his skull doesn't mean Wilson couldn't have let up. There are things bigger than hockey. Also, comparing shoulder injuries to skull injuries? Cmon. One bad punch and Smith could've been severely injured for the rest of his life.

It's a hockey game not daycare. Tom Wilson is not that guy's mom.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I'm not even sure it's a penalty. He only lined him up from like 10 feet away and didn't even hit him that hard. Shoulder to shoulder and from the side.

He was injured because he landed funny and his leg buckled. Eller isn't a dirty player and that wasn't a dirty hit.
I'd be mad if that was called in the 1st of a 0-0 game. At the end, penalty call or not doesn't matter, but just unnecessary. No need to seek out contact in garbage time, particularly with seconds left.

Jun 15, 2007
why don't you tell that to the guy with the skull fracture?

Or maybe the coach we're apparently saying might sit him if he weren't out there risking injury in a meaningless tilt?
I did. I said Smith is an idiot.

Sometimes you can save someone from themselves.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Some things are bigger than hockey.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

And just because someone is less than 100% doesn't mean they have a free pass to agitate, or that everyone else is suddenly handed the extra burden of being their parent.

This isn't helping an old lady cross the street. It's a hockey fight between adults. You going to follow that guy around the rest of the night to make sure he doesn't do anything else that's stupid?

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
This team sucks, and no threat to win anything in the postseason.

MaJo shouldn’t even make the lineup. He brings nothing to the table.

Jun 15, 2007

Do you guys remember this? Aho was not looking and Wilson had him lined up. He could have legally destroyed him here. Wilson dodged here because he didn't want to injure a fellow human being.

So I like to think Wilson is definitely a good guy.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Mojo is definitely not the type of player you pick up for a cup run. But I can see why Lavi likes him. He hustles and he backchecks. Thats all you need for Lavi to want you. Offensive abilities be damned.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Mojo is definitely not the type of player you pick up for a cup run. But I can see why Lavi likes him. He hustles and he backchecks. Thats all you need for Lavi to want you. Offensive abilities be damned.
He couldn’t back check for shit on that shorty.

Lavi is a buffoon. He likes his veteran team, with young, uneven goalies. It’s unimaginable.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Mojo is like Hagelin, but without the defense.
I'm not sure what JoJo was thinking there. Most solid NHL d-men only pivot and back skate if there is enough room between them and the forward with the puck. JoJo had a decent angle coming back to meet Aho and then he lost it by turn pivoting to back skate. He should have used his stick to reach out inside or outside to take more angle away. It looked a bit lazy on JoJo's part. Had he kept the gap closer to Aho, VV might have been confident enough to poke-check his goalie stick with Aho coming across with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad