GDT: Subprime auto loans @ AOL, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Apparently Smith recently had a skull fracture and had no reason to fight this game. I feel kind of bad about that fight. Smith knows he has to accept to stay in the lineup and got his ass kicked. Oh well. He'll live i guess

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If you find me a player who’s been worse than him, then god bless that poor soul.

Johansson made a terrible play on the Aho goal and there has been other terrible plays as well, but Kempny has made a number of plays with the puck that make you question what he’s even seeing out there. Every pass that isn’t D to D is in someone’s skates or right to a Carolina player. His effort is there but his skill level (and now his skating) isn’t even NHL caliber.
Johansson played that like he didn’t know where the goal was. Only explanation I can think of for him deciding to backskate that far out from the goal. Aho’s speed had nothing to do with it. He should be embarrassed.

BM must be sweating sweating seeing his play, so far blowing up in his face spectacularly.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Apparently Smith recently had a skull fracture and had no reason to fight this game. I feel kind of bad about that fight. Smith knows he has to accept to stay in the lineup and got his ass kicked. Oh well. He'll live i guess
If this were to be true I would absolutely hate it. No player should be fighting to stay in the line up, it's no longer 80's where goon were gladiators that people came to watch. Thank god we have moved on from that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes Willy….yes….
20220328_211842.jpg
20220328_211730.jpg
20220328_211642.jpg

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
If this were to be true I would absolutely hate it. No player should be fighting to stay in the line up, it's no longer 80's where goon were gladiators that people came to watch. Thank god we have moved on from that.

It kind of is with him i think. At least these days when he's older

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Fights when you're getting stomped are just eye rolling you know. Just no reason for it. Doesn't really get your team back in it and you just risk injury in a game that's already been decided. Nothing really exciting about it

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Sure. But he's over .5 goals per game in the playoffs so it's likely he'll score more than 2 goals in a series
Understood. Wasn’t saying I wouldn’t playing him, was saying his overall game would get him benched if he was anyone else. And frankly I think his attitude has been “my shot is all I need”. I feel like could have been better, especially in his older ages, if he honed his overall game as well as played within himself in some aspects.

Reactions: seventieslord

YippieKaey

Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
The responsibility for that starts and ends in the Canes locker room. It's like saying dressing a lineup full of bum shoulders should make the other team feel bad for hitting them.

If you can't play don't play, and definitely don't fight people.

True. But at this point in the game that fight was completely pointless. Noone got even a little bit aroused i think

Jun 15, 2007
The responsibility for that starts and ends in the Canes locker room. It's like saying dressing a lineup full of bum shoulders should make the other team feel bad for hitting them.

If you can't play don't play, and definitely don't fight people.

Sportsmanship cuts both ways. Just because Smith is an idiot who doesn't care about his skull doesn't mean Wilson couldn't have let up. There are things bigger than hockey. Also, comparing shoulder injuries to skull injuries? Cmon. One bad punch and Smith could've been severely injured for the rest of his life.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Sportsmanship cuts both ways. Just because Smith is an idiot who doesn't care about his skull doesn't mean Wilson couldn't have let up. There are things bigger than hockey.
That sure sounds like sportsmanship cutting just one way, where you do favors for people with no self preservation while they actively engage in unsportsmanlike conduct.

Reactions: g00n and Holtbyisms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad