TSN: Subban behind Boyle and Letang for Team Canada

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Dreger is an idiot. He has connections with the Leafs and that makes him an insider on all things Leafs.

I highly doubt TC is considering Boyle right now over PK. I could see Letang making it with his relationship and familiarity with Crosby, and I am pretty sure Sid hates PK and that must hold some weight.

I am a die-hard TC supporter but if they leave PK off while he is still leading in points and playing like he has been something is seriously wrong and I will have trouble cheering for them, even if Price makes it.

I understood Crosby and Stamkos not making it when they were young but neither were the best at their position the year before. Methinks there is something to the racial questions that are being brought up...

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
BX6Q2ICCAAAiGrQ.jpg:large

So risky...!

(Protip, take a look at where most of the shots come from when Subban (RD) is on the ice)

Where do you find this stuff?

Last edited:

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Honestly I envy the way Team USA builds their roster, along with their whole youth development system. Jones got invited to their camp before even playing his first NHL game. Galchenyuk got invited after only 48 games. While he isn't guaranteed a spot on the roster, if he outplays American veterans, he will be on the roster.

They don't have TC's depth, but point taken nonetheless. There ought to be a better way and it should start with letting the camp sort things out and then, decision-makers opening their trap. Not the other way around.

Just in case PK needed any additional motivation this season, we have Dreger to thank.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
They don't have TC's depth, but point taken nonetheless. There ought to be a better way and it should start with letting the camp sort things out and then, decision-makers opening their trap. Not the other way around.

Just in case PK needed any additional motivation this season, we have Dreger to thank.

Never even thought about that. PK has stated publicly that he loves all the hate and that it fuels him. This could be most excellent for us!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Subban isn't on Team Canada, it's a ****ing joke.

Although, with the way Subban is, if he doesn't make Team Canada (even though he fully deserves it) you just know he's going to absolutely dominate post-Olympics and into the playoffs.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
That's outrageous. It does really seem as if people are trying to discredit Subban whenever they've got the chance in a ridiculous, hatersque fashion.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm glad Subban is a bigger man than me, because I probably would have lost it in the media by now and demanded a trade to Phoenix.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
It's part of a project that one of the writers of our site (@ChrisBoyle33 ) is working on. He calls it the Shot Quality project.

The entire project should be out relatively soon, but for now here's part two (hosted on sportsnet):

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/introducing-the-shot-quality-project-part-ii/

It's quite interesting, and yields informative graphs like the following:

Very cool! It would be great if there was a customizable site for this stuff so you could compare any two defensemen or goalies.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Boyle? Vlasic? Bouwmeester? Wtf is wrong with these people... It's getting ridiculous at this point...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Im not saying a full retreat when they are up by 1 goal, I am saying dont get caught.

You can call it a mistake but when it happens regularly, its a flaw IMO. He needs to be smarter if he wants to be on the Olympic team.

It doesn't happen regularly. It's happened like twice thus far this year and one of the times the guy covering (Eller) made the mistake of staying flat footed instead of backchecking.

PK isn't perfect, neither are any of the Dman talked about as part of team Canada. But if PK isn't part of the best 6-7 Canadian Dman, then where does he rank when involving other Nations?? Does he even crack the top 15??? That's absurd.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If guys like Boyle, Boumeester, and Pietrangelo make the team ahead of Subban, it would be seriously outrageous.

Balance of left/right... risky vs safe.... really? Sounds like a bunch of guys who are aiming not to get blown out in games, not games trying to win.

If they do not have Subban on the team, it shows a serious lack of balls.

I will still be happy if TC wins, but it will not be with the same enthusiasm I would have if Subban is on the team. He is my favorite Hab D since Larry Robinson.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Agreed...I hate as a minority 'playing the race card' but really, how can anyone plausibly deny this?
I think anybody that denies it is very naive or in denial. I mean, Banana peels have been thrown on the ice before. Racial slurs have also been said. Racism is not some myth.
Heck, if the President of the most powerful country in the world, the man with the most Power in the WORLD, can be ridiculed by asking for his birth certificate (not as a joke) then I don't see how anybody could deny the possibility of racism or prejudice towards a Black hockey player. Seriously, I don't understand how anybody can deny it.

It's not just towards black people. Look at the way Russians are labeled in the NHL.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think anybody that denies it is very naive or in denial. I mean, Banana peels have been thrown on the ice before. Racial slurs have also been said. Racism is not some myth.
Heck, if the President of the most powerful country in the world, the man with the most Power in the WORLD, can be ridiculed by asking for his birth certificate (not as a joke) then I don't see how anybody could deny the possibility of racism or prejudice towards a Black hockey player. Seriously, I don't understand how anybody can deny it.

It's not just towards black people. Look at the way Russians are labeled in the NHL.

Hockey is probably the most ethnocentric sport in the world. It's the only game in the world where the country you were born in matters somehow to your natural abilities and work ethic.

Think about how horrid Champions League Soccer would be if they shunned South American players because they were seen as selfish and not team players. My goodness. Hockey is never going to be taken seriously around the world if they cannot get with the times and realize that sport is globalized and embrace the merits of foreign culture.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Get over it, you are grasping at straws when it comes to P.K

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Get over it, you are grasping at straws when it comes to P.K

I don't need to get over anything, I'm sure PK will make Team Canada. Makes no sense that he doesn't. But denying that Racism exists (everywhere) is pretty naive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad