TSN: Subban behind Boyle and Letang for Team Canada

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good to hear that from quote from Therrien.

As for Diaz, I will keep repeating myself: he is an NHL player, no doubt about it. Maybe not the greatest top 4 guy ever, but he can step into the roll and is a stud number 5, something many teams do not have.

I still would not resign him with so many young players knocking on the door

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Therrien mentions Subban in connection with the Olympics.

"The way he's playing right now, Subban is making a great case for the Olympic team," Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien told reporters at the team's practice in Washington on Thursday. "We want him to go there."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=437740

He really had no choice after waht he said regrading Pricer, but it's nice to see he's starting to feel Subban is playing up to his standards. Can only mean good things for the Habs when PK is on the ice more.

YoussefianK

Sep 18, 2013
For all the people who didn't see it from the beginning, he's being on hard on PK because he knew he can get better performances from him.

He's up to Therrien's standards and he is getting rewarded. Simple as that.

No need to look more into it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
For all the people who didn't see it from the beginning, he's being on hard on PK because he knew he can get better performances from him.

He's up to Therrien's standards and he is getting rewarded. Simple as that.

No need to look more into it.
I could buy this except for how he didn't play him at critical moments in the playoffs. Made no sense.

YoussefianK

Sep 18, 2013
I could buy this except for how he didn't play him at critical moments in the playoffs. Made no sense.

Yeah... but I think it's mostly what I wrote a bit earlier.
Maybe there were other minor issues, but that has to be the biggest thing.
Hopefully.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
BZ2FN99CUAAQjaX.jpg

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Basically... I love Subban though. I remember his first game in the NHL - he's been one of, if not my favourite players since then. He's been my favourite player since about grade 11... so about 3.5 years now. Couture is a close second though.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I didn't see any quote regarding Price?

A week or so ago he made a comment about how Price will be on TC. This was shortly after saying he doesn't talk aboiut Olympics for his players regarding a question about Subban.

He's flippity flopped a couple times on this subject.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Subban says he’s constantly trying to improve and he uses Markov as a role model.

“This year marks the first I’ve taken a day off when we’ve had an optional skate and I’ve been banged up,†Subban said. “I never did that in the past because Marky never took a day off.â€

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think the title nares to change now. That was ages ago before PK distanced himself from the competition and was a virtual lock to make the team.

Don't see any scenario where PK isn't in Sochi, barring injury, at this point. He's easily been one of the best defencemen in the nfhknthis year, much less Canada.

Price starter, PK in the top 4 pairing. Go Canada Go!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I think the title nares to change now. That was ages ago before PK distanced himself from the competition and was a virtual lock to make the team.

Don't see any scenario where PK isn't in Sochi, barring injury, at this point. He's easily been one of the best defencemen in the nfhknthis year, much less Canada.

Price starter, PK in the top 4 pairing. Go Canada Go!

****ing right.
Definitely. It's a ****ing joke to think that there's a GM out there who thinks PK Subban is behind Letang and/or Boyle. A ****ing stinking joke. Boyle and Letang are a huge pile of smelly **** compared to PK Subban (especially Letang...he is a HUGE ZERO when it comes to Defense 101, and I thought Mike Green was terrible at defense...Letang is almost as bad as Green...they're both forwards...PK Subban can shadow Crosby...Letang and Green can't contain Crosby for their lives).

The real question is...will PK Subban be Canada's no.1 dman?
(he is to me...the day he contained Crosby in 2010 playoffs with ZERO playoff experience is the day I knew he was a MEGA SUPERSTAR).

GO PK Subban GO!! (**** all the doubters/haters).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad