Post-Game Talk: Streaking Jets 6 - Mustard Kittens 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yea i can't believe when players play bad people say they play bad then when they play good people don't say they play bad, weird stuff indeed.

Very happy to see Connor picking it up, especially looking engaged in the dzone
Or it means we are too quick to call for a guy to be traded. I mean, if we traded a guy because he is mediocre Ehlers wouldn’t no longer be a jet. Now, let’s hope he can start putting up some points.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
It's exciting watching Scheifele and KFC fully engaged, and perhaps realizing that 100 point seasons are in play if they want it bad enough. I've never been big on their chemistry together - say for the odd game - but it feels completely different now. I would have been all for breaking them up last week, now, no. KFC has been playing well in his own end 3 out of the past 4 games (IMO), average to above average which is more than enough from him. He's getting separation like his old self too, not to mention rediscovering his teleportation abilities in front of the net.

Scheifele and Lowry, 30-year-olds, just fantastic this year. They're playing their best hockey.

I'd credit that 3rd line (which has been the #1 or #2 most of the year), for really galvanizing the Jets, and for the first line deciding to join the party. Iaffalo's play certainly has rubbed off on them too. Watching the 3rd line is absolutely refreshing. It's MUST SEE TV frankly.

If anything, it helps take pressure off of Perfetti, to develop the right way; which he's been doing.

Big credit to Arniel too, for distributing the minutes played, better. Less is more in some cases.

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea i can't believe when players play bad people say they play bad then when they play good people don't say they play bad, weird stuff indeed.

Very happy to see Connor picking it up, especially looking engaged in the dzone
There is a difference from criticism of play with an analysis of what may be impacting play and screaming that players must go anytime they struggle.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The Jets are playing some exciting hockey lately.

get

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
The arena sounded great on the (Preds) broadcast in the 3rd.

Always nice to see the Preds get stomped.
The barn was jumping. What a difference a year makes. Scheiffle was engaged, Ehlers was flying, Perfetti is more confident, the captain sets the tone and the fans approved. The refs did help fire us up last night with their WWE style calls.
I am cautiously optimistic this team has the right chemistry to keep it going.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So many reasons to be excited about the Jets right now.

1 point out of first in the Central
Only 4 regulation losses

We're here considering:
We haven't had our 1RW all year
Ehlers has been mostly absent
Our goaltending has been below average
Our special teams have been bad (getting better)
We have Schmidt

The new guys, the reborn guys, active d and really strong 5v5 play have really led the charge for us.

We know our goaltending will be better, we're getting Gabe back, hopefully Heinola, and you have to think Ehlers is going to figure it out (he's getting a little better each game)

I always said we'd be fighting for first in the Central. f*** Vegas is the class of the league but I think we'll be right up there with them when all is said and done

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So many reasons to be excited about the Jets right now.

1 point out of first in the Central
Only 4 regulation losses

We're here considering:
We haven't had our 1RW all year
Ehlers has been mostly absent
Our goaltending has been below average
Our special teams have been bad (getting better)
We have Schmidt

The new guys, the reborn guys, active d and really strong 5v5 play have really led the charge for us.

We know our goaltending will be better, we're getting Gabe back, hopefully Heinola, and you have to think Ehlers is going to figure it out (he's getting a little better each game)

I always said we'd be fighting for first in the Central. f*** Vegas is the class of the league but I think we'll be right up there with them when all is said and done
Agreed, don't forget the 2nd best team in Canada. Don't tell Sportsnet or TSN though, it's us Jets fans little secret.:naughty:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
This board is hilarious when it comes to our backups.

When they're here we bash them, when they leave we bemoan it.

Maybe, just maybe backup goalies aren't fantastic and that's why, well, they're backups :)
Not meaning to trigger anyone but Bross reminds me of.... Beauregard!!!

Good positional goalie who's also good for one five hole stinker per game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad