Post-Game Talk: Streaking Jets 6 - Mustard Kittens 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I’m pretty sure we all get to call it as we see it.

Which is unlikely to happen on a team as deep as we are at forward.

Agreed. I think that's one of the reasons why he's struggled a bit to find his niche the last year or so. The teams much deeper and more of the players are talented enough to demand their fair share of the puck.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
This god damn team, sucking me back in.

First game I have went to in about a year, and what a game it was. Crowd was lively too, fun one.

Boys are rolling, LFG.
giphy.gif

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ehlers has always been a streaky player, he'll get it together. The really nice thing about it is we now have enough depth that we can still score goals and win hockey games even with Ehlers not scoring a bunch right now.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ehlers is a better playmaker then Kane. I just meant more in terms of they have similarities in that they both like to have a lot of the puck and that they like to shoot a lot from everywhere. Ehlers is more dynamic but both players could utilize their teammates better. I think both actually do better on lines with players that let them have the puck on their stick a lot.

I'm not trying to say he's a bad player. He's an excellent player when on his game. I think he just works better when the line he's on revolves mostly on him. Ditto for the pp. He seems to do better when he dictates his unit.

Should Eels centre a line then...?

Did he do it in Junior in Halifax ( too lazy to look - humble enough for others to know more than Me) ?

I have watched Eels dominate all competition at the World Championships when he plays with the Denmark National Team... or is it the the Dutch National Team.... ? No matter...

At the WC... given the mantel... he carries/lifts the entire Danish team... er.. Dutch team... no matter how good the competition is... outcomes aren't important... how much he's had an impact is....

And yes it's an IIHf surface and rules... the rules for the NHL are into Game Management joke level... and playing Centre just requires a commitment to playing 200 ft... being on the right side of the puck in the defensive end... and supporting The D' crew on retrieval of pucks and break out... and being a World Class skater with focus...

Would that be possible... ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotton Eye Joe

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I’m wondering if the TOI allotment is effecting Chefs play. He isn’t depended to be on the ice 20+ min every game and doesn’t have to conserve his energy. I’m sure there are many variables, but his resurgence in 200 ft play is night and day.

I was going to post something like this. Much either to be engaged if your fresher. It's one area I think Arniel has proven more adept then Bones.

Reactions: Aggie204

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I know people won't like it, but maybe when Vilardi comes back we try a soft scoring line of Barron and Kupari wth Ehlers? They're getting 10+ minutes a game and they could really feast on matchups

Reactions: John Agar

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I know people won't like it, but maybe when Vilardi comes back we try a soft scoring line of Barron and Kupari wth Ehlers? They're getting 10+ minutes a game and they could really feast on matchups

I don't dislike the idea but I'd keep Namestnikov with Ehlers. Put Barron with Cole and Gabe. It might help us get some offense out of the fourth line until Nik gets his game going.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

I don't dislike the idea but I'd keep Namestnikov with Ehlers. Put Barron with Cole and Gabe. It might help us get some offense out of the fourth line until Nik gets his game going.
Give Ehlers 4th line time (he’d eat the other teams bottom line alive ) along with PP and PK time (Ehlers isn’t a defensive black hole, and it’s always nice to have a counter puncher on the kill)

Reactions: Jack7222

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I too was half an idiot and started to google the high seas thinking it was a new fancy streaming site ....i figured it out just before i hit the search button though. Hence only half an idiot

I searched for the high seas and stumbled on a pirate site.

Does that make me an idiot savant?

57f97c20-6545-4e4a-ad7b-19c278ec4a99_text.gif

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Dirtbag151
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad