Post-Game Talk: Streak busted! Jets win 3-2

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Looks like the Jet's have a new weapon !! - it sure looks to me like Chiarot is coming to his own as a solid D-man for the Jets. He has 5 points in his last 5 games, and is looking very steady out there. A couple really nice goals, I might add, off that blistering shot of his.

He ripped a beauty from the point and it ended up being a clanger off the crossbar, and scored from the point in the last game. For a long time Chiarot has been taking flak on here from some posters, and I'm glad to see him really rising to the top.

If Enstrom will not sign at a big price reduction at say $ 1.5 mil per year-- I think Ben can do a good job in his place.

Also Ehlers was flying around all game with his blazing speed, and had 2 points, and the game winning goal. The guy is exciting to watch.

Helle was sensational, and likely was the reason we hung in there and won this game, against a very fast, and skilled Devil's team.

I wonder where Perrault, Wheeler, and Roslo have been lately--I've seen nothing from them, and hope they get on track soon.:huh:

I'm looking forward to their next tough 3 games- Philly- Capitals, and Nashville --it will say a lot as to where we are. Let's hope the Jet's keep on winning.:thumbu:

I agree, Chiarot has looked a lot better as of late and even chips in some points now. He may end up as a full time 3rd pair D yet1

Reactions: GNP

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sigh... it wasn't my night.
This was perhaps the best received GDT in my body of work and a little bit of love on the main boards and some visiting fans to the HF Jets thread.

Laine scored before we could get settled in but my evening went of the rails.

I had to go out to a team workout (near the end of the 2nd). Got a full flat tire in not the greatest area of town. Missed the workout.
Got home watched the game and then had my recording kick out with around 5 minutes left. GRRRRRRR
We set an extra hour to record but somehow that didn't work.

Not to worry I have a back up TV (PVR) that I keep on TSN in case of emergencies. No problem just go in there and rewind a couple of hours to catch the end... nope that didn't work either.
F$#@^&**(())&TBJU%%^&&&

But we won!!!
Jets are going to have to get their mojo back or we could see a rough stretch coming up.
TROUBA SAVE US!!!!

Sorry to hear you had a crap evening; ironically your evening sounded like it could have been out of an episode of Seinfeld!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
From what i've read by some posters tonight...Jets could go 16-12 in the playoffs and some people would still complain about the 12 losses. Or pointing out how the Jets got out shot and/or goalie stole the game meaning the team SUCKS. Personally, I'm really enjoying having a goalie that actually CAN steal some games when needed.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Who cares if we got outhustled it's a thurs night game in NJ. We are practicing sticking to our system vs run and gun, frantic style we had against Nashville.

Forecheck is looking really really good and now Laine and Ehlers are actually contributing to it after sucking there all year.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Sigh... it wasn't my night.
This was perhaps the best received GDT in my body of work and a little bit of love on the main boards and some visiting fans to the HF Jets thread.

Laine scored before we could get settled in but my evening went of the rails.

I had to go out to a team workout (near the end of the 2nd). Got a full flat tire in not the greatest area of town. Missed the workout.
Got home watched the game and then had my recording kick out with around 5 minutes left. GRRRRRRR
We set an extra hour to record but somehow that didn't work.

Not to worry I have a back up TV (PVR) that I keep on TSN in case of emergencies. No problem just go in there and rewind a couple of hours to catch the end... nope that didn't work either.
F$#@^&**(())&TBJU%%^&&&

But we won!!!
Jets are going to have to get their mojo back or we could see a rough stretch coming up.
TROUBA SAVE US!!!!

Bell MTS? Had problems with the PVR last week, they had to reboot it from their end, something to do with the updates and VIBE or some suck bull stuff!

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Soon my Jets HF Boards fam. We got this.

u9HTwNP.jpg

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
1 more win then 0.500 out clinches

According to sportsclubstats the Jets can go 2-13 and still have a 65% chance of making it, or 2-12-1 and have an 88% chance. So it's basically guaranteed already! I think 96 points is where only one team has ever had that much and not made the playoffs and that's 5 points away.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Lucky to win there, the Jets deserved to lose tonight. Not going to go anywhere in the playoffs if they keep playing like this.

It's also called defending the lead. Team chasing is going to chase. Yeah, Jets could have been better still, but mostly they defended the lead very well.

I'll give you that 2-1 goal was so stupid and really doesn't belong to the playoffs. I'm looking at you, Kulikov, don't you ever do that again!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Fake playoff update. (I've been distracted with Laine goals and it totally slipped my mind)

The Jets won their fake second round playoff series 4-1 with the shutout win vs the Rags.

Tonight's game and the game against the Flyers will just be considered intrasquad scrimmages until our fake 3rd Rd series begins agains the Capitals

brock0791

Jul 2, 2015
According to sportsclubstats the Jets can go 2-13 and still have a 65% chance of making it, or 2-12-1 and have an 88% chance. So it's basically guaranteed already! I think 96 points is where only one team has ever had that much and not made the playoffs and that's 5 points away.

Yup just meant 100% mathematically

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018
Predators win an awful lot of games they shouldn’t as well, but a win is a win.

The team’s stronger play should return when Trouba, Scheifele and Lowry are all back.

Predators are winning games with teams dominating them until the end of the game when they decide to show up. Good teams find ways to win games, You can't forget that other teams are also good teams, this is the NHL you know lol.

Jetster231

Mar 6, 2018

13-2 is more likely lol

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good road win , just a thought but i'm thinking the flu could be going through the team right now . If Frenchie has it , good chance other players on the team could as well . I know people that have got the flu recently and they were layed up in bed for a week .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad