Post-Game Talk: Streak busted! Jets win 3-2

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Bell MTS? Had problems with the PVR last week, they had to reboot it from their end, something to do with the updates and VIBE or some suck bull stuff!

I am with Shaw and my PVR has sucked the last 3 games. It has the yips.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
That's what the team looks like without Scheif Trouba or Lowry and the team not playing their best. Still enough for a W so that's good. Morrissey is just fantastic, same with Byfuglien. Laine has scored 6 out of 9 goals for the Jets on this road trip so far. Ehlers had a nice game too. The Devils are just a quick team and played well what can you do.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Soon my Jets HF Boards fam. We got this.

u9HTwNP.jpg

OMG I just laughed out loud.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
When Scheif gets back I'd like to see PSR, CLW. PLR is a good line and they make some nice plays but none of them are great shooters, so they create good chances but can't finish. With PSR Scheif can finish, CLW you have Connor or Wheeler, and you keep Perreault and Wheeler on seperate lines to help out the kids.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That's what the team looks like without Scheif Trouba or Lowry and the team not playing their best. Still enough for a W so that's good. Morrissey is just fantastic, same with Byfuglien. Laine has scored 6 out of 9 goals for the Jets on this road trip so far. Ehlers had a nice game too. The Devils are just a quick team and played well what can you do.
Jets are banged up and pretty much guaranteed playoffs. Still, rattle off 3 straight road wins. Their body of work is very strong, so hard to get worked up about getting outshot by a desperate home team that trails the whole game.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner
I had a nightmare where Laine didn't score and The Devils won 1-0 with Hall´s goal. I opened the dtmts.com and was worried but when Pate scored after 4minutes I knew it was just a bad dream

Reactions: winnipegger

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets are banged up and pretty much guaranteed playoffs. Still, rattle off 3 straight road wins. Their body of work is very strong, so hard to get worked up about getting outshot by a desperate home team that trails the whole game.
Its actually pretty impressive they stayed as focused as they have been playing out the season. They are 2nd to a team that never loses and have built a virtually uncatchable lead on the teams in the division chasing them. It would be easy to just put it on cruise control until the playoffs.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The fact that it was almost 2 full games without a PP also plays a big part in shots for and against . I could see people not being happy if the Jets lose but a win is win , especially on the road . To me it's not how , it's how many . Trouba gets back it takes minutes away from Myers and a healthy Scheif and Lowry we are golden . :thumbu:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Geez, I guess my hockey watching skills are diminishing because I didn't think they were that bad. A couple of bad line changes and a few chinese fire drills but otherwise they had quite a bit of good to their game. Jersey pushed hard at home in the 3rd but I thought the first was a sawoff and the Jets controlled play in the 2nd.

Helle was solid but it's not like he needed to be Merlin out there, wasn't like he needed to go post to post all night to stop the onslaught. Jersey is a volume shooting team, everything goes to the net, I must have seen no less than a half dozen spin and fire shots from the point by them. They played really well and fast in transition, easy to see that's what they were trying to do and they have the speed to pull it off. They're a good team, how come that's not allowed? The Jets play against good teams who often play well, that's thw reason for close games, not Jets suckage.

Still saw some good things from them despite missing as many key players as there are, as well as anothet handfull probably feeling like ass. Sometimes good teams need their goalie to be their best player, amd when he's capable of that they usually still win.

They haven't been their best lately but they also have beem missing some of their best, yet they've won still won 4 straight, 3 on the road. Can't wait until this team is healthy (as much as that's possible). They can win games a multitude of ways, thats a good sign.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Ehlers failing to get the puck deep was the reason for that first goal. He did the same thing against the Rangers about 3 times and he finally got burned tonight.

Reactions: hudster and Jets 31

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Didn't we keep theit best player with some insane point streak off the board last night? That sounds not so bad.

Reactions: Calendal

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Hmmm, let’s see now...

Missing 3 primary players - Chef, Lowry, Trouba

Plus

2 players first game back from injury - Enstrom, Tanev

Plus

Several players sick or “tweaked” - Frenchie, Myers

Plus

Back-up goalie drama pre-game

= ugly win.

I don’t know...somehow that equation makes a ton of sense to me. I’m not real worried.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Well that was ugly but we will take it. Tough to get a read on where this team is at because things are constantly shifting.

Almost an off-game for the Stas-line but they still potted two. That seems decent. Good work by the Little line to keep the play out of the Jets' d-zone even though they did not amount to much offensively this time. It was enough to grind out the win.

Laine shooting 100% accuracy now. Because why not.

Army with a much-needed non-Stastny-line goal. Nice snipe.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Didn't we keep theit best player with some insane point streak off the board last night? That sounds not so bad.
let's not sugarcoat this game.
i haven't looked at the metrics, but eyetest alone showed that the Jets were being significantly outplayed. the Devils had some A1 chances. missed off a 2 on none. jets had a few dominant shifts but otherwise the ice was relatively tilted. Helle quietly had a great game. no noise in net. he covered a lot of warts, especially by the Jets' keystone cops' D.
talking about Copp...he had a pretty solid game as well. as per usual, didn't show on the scoresheet.
Buff had a really nice game yet again. one post, some great D-zone breakout and outlet passes. took one shift that was way too long and it almost cost the jets, but these things happen. the ESL line was very very solid. Otherwise...did any other jets deserve any accolaides?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I forget who was saying it before but...

"Any win without Scheifele and Lowry is a good win."

Add Trouba into that and that's how I feel. We are better than we showed tonight. It's nice to have a goalie that steals games for you.

Reactions: Insthofen

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I forget who was saying it before but...

"Any win without Scheifele and Lowry is a good win."

Add Trouba into that and that's how I feel. We are better than we showed tonight. It's nice to have a goalie that steals games for you.
every team will likely go into the playoffs with some quality players injured or playing quite hurt.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
BTW, not sure if there was much discussion on Chairot. He’s riding a 5 game point streak and rang one off the bar with his high velocity shot. Plus, he gets involved in the rough stuff.

He definitely has improved this year (still makes some gaffes).

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Despite not being able to make up ground on the Preds I love the fact that they’ve pretty much buried the Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad