Post-Game Talk: Streak busted! Jets win 3-2

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
1st is nice for 2nd round but too risky running into L.A or Anaheim in the 1st round. Rather just play Minnesota
Those other teams are probably saying the same thing about facing us in the playoffs; it's a bizarro world out there:laugh:
latest

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Little always struggles

Matty P was garbage (but he had a cold I hear):(
Wheeler did nothing - always struggles when we play bad:sarcasm:
And Little always struggles - every time, always. :thumbu:

Little gets called out a lot lately - maybe we could save the drumming until games we actually lose - or is this simply a player you don't like and intend to call out in all threads.;)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Looks to me like this flu bug is making its way through the team - still not sure Myers has had a decent game since he got hit with it. Little's been meh for a while. Perreault apparently had it tonight. Who knows who else.

Anyway, take the money and run...91 points - the 2nd most in Jets 2.0 history. 3rd most in WPG/ATL franchise history. Jets 1.0 only exceeded 91 points once - in 1984-85...although there were no 3 point OT games back then so it's not apples to apples.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
That is what I typed...

Well, strictly speaking, you said the Jets lead "buzzer to buzzer".

But the game does not start with a buzzer, it only comes at the end of a period. So, there were three buzzers -- 20:00, 40:00 and 60:00. This is three possible stretches of time delineated by a buzzer at each end (in other words, "buzzer to buzzer") The Jets held a lead for the entirety of each of these three stretches of time -- 20:00 to 40:00, 40:00 to 60:00 and 20:00 to 60:00.

Since we're obsessing with a literal interpretation of the expression, by a literal interpretation you are correct. Every period of time that could be described as buzzer-to-buzzer, the Jets led through the entirety of.

Of course, I know full well that you used the decades-old figurative meaning that accounts for the fact that there's no lead at the very beginning of an even race or no lead for either team at the start of a game, and that any sort of "lead the whole way through" expression ignores the time between when teams started even and the first lead taken.

Still, to avoid triggering any delicate sensibilities going forward, I might recommend "never trailed all game". For all our sakes :)

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well, strictly speaking, you said the Jets lead "buzzer to buzzer".

But the game does not start with a buzzer, it only comes at the end of a period. So, there were three buzzers -- 20:00, 40:00 and 60:00. This is three possible stretches of time delineated by a buzzer at each end (in other words, "buzzer to buzzer") The Jets held a lead for the entirety of each of these three stretches of time -- 20:00 to 40:00, 40:00 to 60:00 and 20:00 to 60:00.

Since we're obsessing with a literal interpretation of the expression, by a literal interpretation you are correct. Every period of time that could be described as buzzer-to-buzzer, the Jets led through the entirety of.

Of course, I know full well that you used the decades-old figurative meaning that accounts for the fact that there's no lead at the very beginning of an even race or no lead for either team at the start of a game, and that any sort of "lead the whole way through" expression ignores the time between when teams started even and the first lead taken.

Still, to avoid triggering any delicate sensibilities going forward, I might recommend "never trailed all game". For all our sakes :)

Lack'...

Aren't you over simplifying thangs'.... ?

:badidea:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Sigh... it wasn't my night.
This was perhaps the best received GDT in my body of work and a little bit of love on the main boards and some visiting fans to the HF Jets thread.

Laine scored before we could get settled in but my evening went of the rails.

I had to go out to a team workout (near the end of the 2nd). Got a full flat tire in not the greatest area of town. Missed the workout.
Got home watched the game and then had my recording kick out with around 5 minutes left. GRRRRRRR
We set an extra hour to record but somehow that didn't work.

Not to worry I have a back up TV (PVR) that I keep on TSN in case of emergencies. No problem just go in there and rewind a couple of hours to catch the end... nope that didn't work either.
F$#@^&**(())&TBJU%%^&&&

But we won!!!
Jets are going to have to get their mojo back or we could see a rough stretch coming up.
TROUBA SAVE US!!!!

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Looks like the Jet's have a new weapon !! - it sure looks to me like Chiarot is coming to his own as a solid D-man for the Jets. He has 5 points in his last 5 games, and is looking very steady out there. A couple really nice goals, I might add, off that blistering shot of his.

He ripped a beauty from the point and it ended up being a clanger off the crossbar, and scored from the point in the last game. For a long time Chiarot has been taking flak on here from some posters, and I'm glad to see him really rising to the top.

If Enstrom will not sign at a big price reduction at say $ 1.5 mil per year-- I think Ben can do a good job in his place.

Also Ehlers was flying around all game with his blazing speed, and had 2 points, and the game winning goal. The guy is exciting to watch.

Helle was sensational, and likely was the reason we hung in there and won this game, against a very fast, and skilled Devil's team.

I wonder where Perrault, Wheeler, and Roslo have been lately--I've seen nothing from them, and hope they get on track soon.:huh:

I'm looking forward to their next tough 3 games- Philly- Capitals, and Nashville --it will say a lot as to where we are. Let's hope the Jet's keep on winning.:thumbu:

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Looks like the Jet's have a new weapon !! - it sure looks to me like Chiarot is coming to his own as a solid D-man for the Jets. He has 5 goals in his last 5 games, and is looking very steady out there.

He ripped a beauty from the point and it ended up being a clanger off the crossbar, and scored from the point in the last game. For a long time Chiarot has been taking flak on here from some posters, and I'm glad to see him really rising to the top.

If Enstrom will not sign at a big price reduction at say $ 1.5 mil per year-- I think Ben can do a good job in his place.

Also Ehlers was flying around all game with his blazing speed, and had 2 goals, and the game winner. The guy is exciting to watch.

Helle was sensational, and likely was the reason we hung in there and won this game, against a very fast, and skilled Devil's team.

I wonder where Perrault, Wheeler, and Roslo have been lately--I've seen nothing from them, and hope they get on track soon.:huh:

I'm looking forward to their next tough 3 games- Philly- Capitals, and Nashville --it will say a lot as to where we are. Let's hope the Jet's keep on winning.:thumbu:

Agree on Chiarot. I was never as concerned as some people were with him. He’s playing with a lot of confidence and I don’t panic when he has the puck. Hasn’t been icing it as much either lately. Pretty solid.

Reactions: GNP and AlphaLackey

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sigh... it wasn't my night.
This was perhaps the best received GDT in my body of work and a little bit of love on the main boards and some visiting fans to the HF Jets thread.

Laine scored before we could get settled in but my evening went of the rails.

I had to go out to a team workout (near the end of the 2nd). Got a full flat tire in not the greatest area of town. Missed the workout.
Got home watched the game and then had my recording kick out with around 5 minutes left. GRRRRRRR
We set an extra hour to record but somehow that didn't work.

Not to worry I have a back up TV (PVR) that I keep on TSN in case of emergencies. No problem just go in there and rewind a couple of hours to catch the end... nope that didn't work either.
F$#@^&**(())&TBJU%%^&&&

But we won!!!
Jets are going to have to get their mojo back or we could see a rough stretch coming up.
TROUBA SAVE US!!!!

Word...

Word up...

giphy.gif

Must care...

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets aren't even close to a bad team. They are more likely to win even if they don't bring their A game. Talent makes a difference.

Even considering injures and a hot Devils team at home, the Jets were coming off as a slight favorite. Some parts of our game were above average, some below average, and at the end of the day, a slight favorite won a game that could have gone either way. Finding cause for consternation isn't even "reading too deep", it's outright manufacturing from whole cloth.

Nov 24, 2006
Good result. It's funny, though - even though the game felt very lopsided towards the Devils, I didn't feel the Jets played bad, merely the Devils outplayed them. Very glad to have enstrom back. Hoping Kulilov isn't seriously injured, and was held out for precautionary reasons. He's a depth defender, but he's the one I'd rather have in the 6 hole.

Yep, Jersey is a good team. We’re lucky to get the win.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Looks like the Jet's have a new weapon !! - it sure looks to me like Chiarot is coming to his own as a solid D-man for the Jets. He has 5 goals in his last 5 games, and is looking very steady out there.
Also Ehlers was flying around all game with his blazing speed, and had 2 points, and the game winning goal. The guy is exciting to watch.
I think Myers and Chiarot may have switched brains in some kind of Freaky Friday type of incident.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lucky to win there, the Jets deserved to lose tonight. Not going to go anywhere in the playoffs if they keep playing like this.

The Jets have the flu going through the team and guys like Matty P are playing sick...Jets are dropping like flies from injuries to key talent.....lose a D man in game. Every game isn’t going to be pretty.....we get goalied at times tonight was our turn to goalie the other team. This is all part of the make up of a season. I have learned to stop apologizing when the bounces and hockey gods shine down on us.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Lucky to win there, the Jets deserved to lose tonight. Not going to go anywhere in the playoffs if they keep playing like this.

Predators win an awful lot of games they shouldn’t as well, but a win is a win.

The team’s stronger play should return when Trouba, Scheifele and Lowry are all back.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets have the flu going through the team and guys like Matty P are playing sick...Jets are dropping like flies from injuries to key talent.....lose a D man in game. Every game isn’t going to be pretty.....we get goalied at times tonight was our turn to goalie the other team. This is all part of the make up of a season. I have learned to stop apologizing when the bounces and hockey gods shine down on us.
Maurice said Kulikov was day-to-day with nothing too sinister, so hopefully he'll be back in time for the playoffs... :sarcasm:

Reactions: ps241

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Looks to me like this flu bug is making its way through the team - still not sure Myers has had a decent game since he got hit with it. Little's been meh for a while. Perreault apparently had it tonight. Who knows who else.

Anyway, take the money and run...91 points - the 2nd most in Jets 2.0 history. 3rd most in WPG/ATL franchise history. Jets 1.0 only exceeded 91 points once - in 1984-85...although there were no 3 point OT games back then so it's not apples to apples.
Myers has had that flu for quite some time.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Your goaltender is also a hockey player. When he plays well it contributes to the win. After enduring years of Pavelec I refuse to apologize for having good goaltending.

I don't consider this a lucky win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad