Post-Game Talk: Streak busted! Jets win 3-2

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Just un-invite me on principal. I have no recollection of the argument at all but I can't imagine if I saw it I didn't have an opinion. Not sure I'm reading you right but I do know where I stand on the issue.

Ugly win but a win is a win, stolen or not. Like we've never had a game stolen from us (cough*Lundquist*cough) that we deserved to win.

It's aways back for sure...

But what I remember was I was being positive and hopeful and generous in my offer...

If we made the final I would offer up my cache of stupid good scotch...

And I said, not verbatim... something to the effect... Scotch gets better with age...

Then the Cyn'tard, fac'tards jumped on me... saying Scotch doesn't age in the bottle...

The sincere, good souls said... halleluiah...

Halleluiah... or their alternates will be drinking the sublime Scotch...

It's always to me about the spirit... or in this case spirits...

Who attends ? As a Jets fan... we make the final... you pull straws on that...

You are... AN IDIOT... :shakehead

Attendee or not... We are all winners..

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
It's aways back for sure...

But what I remember was I was being positive and hopeful and generous in my offer...

If we made the final I would offer up my cache of stupid good scotch...

And I said, not verbatim... something to the effect... Scotch gets better with age...

Then the Cyn'tard, fac'tards jumped on me... saying Scotch doesn't age in the bottle...

The sincere, good souls said... halleluiah...

Halleluiah... or their alternates will be drinking the sublime Scotch...

It's always to me about the spirit... or in this case spirits...

Who attends ? As a Jets fan... we make the final... you pull straws on that...

You are... AN IDIOT... :shakehead
:huh:

Okay then. I still don't remember the conversation so maybe I wasn't in it.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I know, I know, doesn't fit the GDT theme. But I thought it was appropriate.

Attachments

• daneomite.jpg
    daneomite.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
:huh:

Okay then. I still don't remember the conversation so maybe I wasn't in it.

I don't remember it well either...

Server access is needed... and some judgement from moderators...

I do remember implicitly the spirit of the conversation....

Soulful, joyful, hopeful buy-in would win...

But at that time, many people on this board would call you an idiot for being positive...

If you didn't make that leap... and my words aren't just for you... you can't be judged or faulted...

My promise wasn't timelined' or emotional...

It was a promise...

My wish is we make the final...

We all win.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Imagine being so defensive to the point of not even being able to take the criticism of the team in stride in a game where they got outshoot by almost 2-1, dominated in shot attempts and dominated in scoring changes without invoking the "fake fans" meme.

Everybody is happy for the success of the team. That doesn't mean that people can't say something even slightly negative after a bad game without having some kind of hidden agenda against Chevy and Co
You don't think there is just a bit of truth in what Joe posted? Every team has lesser performances now and again, particularly on the road and with key injuries. I think it is an over-reaction to project doom and gloom based on the occasional game like this, especially when you consider who is out of the lineup.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Enstrom was good as was Helle...Copper had a really good game...Buff was good as usual.

Stastny is a very smart hockey player that will pay dividends in the playoffs.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Little has no chemistry with anyone this year. Hes been bad .

I didn't see much from any line tonight - and I wouldn't pull little out of the pile as being the difference.
1st and 2nd line didn't play well - and the second looks worse without Little.

When healthy, Little will be centering our 3rd line and that line has looked pretty good in the past - not so much recently but I don't blame Little.

He hasn't been bad, just not great - again, as a 3rd line center, he's fine. That line will wake up eventually -

Reactions: Jets 31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
You don't think there is just a bit of truth in what Joe posted? Every team has lesser performances now and again, particularly on the road and with key injuries. I think it is an over-reaction to project doom and gloom based on the occasional game like this, especially when you consider who is out of the lineup.

Do I think that there are some here who are hoping for the Jets to falter just so they can grind their axe against Chevy and Co as Joe was outright stating? No. I don't think there is anybody here who prioritizes getting to grind their axe against Chevy et all over Jets success. That's preposterous. No one even mentioned Chevy until Joe brought it up. And "doom and gloom"? I don't see anyone here spreading doom and gloom, saying anything mildly critical is not "spreading doom and gloom". These are "Post Game Threads" where we come to discuss the good the bad and the ugly from the game, not the "positivity thread", one would assume there to be some consternation in a PGT after a game where the Jets got dominated in the shot clock, that does not mean people want the Jets to fail.

And BTW these threads are full of praise when the Jets dominate the other team in the shot clock.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Are you trying to say they led buzzer to buzzer? They didn't, actually.

Lol given that a team can never start the game with a lead, of course they didn't lead 100% of the game. I've seen some desperate stretches to be negative but this is the stretchiest.

The Jets were ahead for 93% of the game and tied for the other 7%. And for that matter, three buzzers sounded during the game and at each one, the Jets were ahead. Don't know what more you want.

Let me guess, Bucky also had a shitty game cause he played 60 minutes and only got 1 assist?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad