Online Series: Stranger Things (A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm on episode 2 and hearing Maddie's "Material Girl" (real one, not some cover like with two other songs already heard, one of which hadn't actually been released when this show takes place) just took me back to 80's. Perfect background song for Max and Eleven shopping.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just finished. Couldn't stop binging. Not gonna make the call between 1 and 3 just yet. 1 definitely had this magic to it but I was really impressed with how well the narrative wove together here and made every character either feel important or at the very least have a big moment at the end. And the acting from this cast continues to be outstanding.

All in all, a fantastic season.

Though one plot hole that kind of ate at me

A bunch of doctors get murdered and a wing of a hospital gets destroyed and no one in Hawkins seems to make a fuss about it. I can let it slide as a dumb oversight since the rest was terrific, but it stuck out to me.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the end was sad, but it still an awesome season. I hope they are going to continue the show. There should be really interesting explanation how the hell
Hop ended up in a prison in Kamchatka :confused: Probably through the portal?

Last edited:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Though one plot hole that kind of ate at me
A bunch of doctors get murdered and a wing of a hospital gets destroyed and no one in Hawkins seems to make a fuss about it. I can let it slide as a dumb oversight since the rest was terrific, but it stuck out to me.

I think the mayor covered it up.

Last edited:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Agreed it was quite ridiculous, but it's all for the sake of entertainment and an us vs them theme throughout the whole season.

Well, the end was sad, but it still an awesome season. I hope they are going to continue the show. There should be really interesting explanation how the hell Hop ended up in a prison in Kamchatka :confused:
if they had just killed him off it would have been way too sad of an ending, it would make it seem just too much like season 2. I like the little twist at the end and their light misdirection there. Plus the fact that there should be a season 4 at some point not too far in the future. It's not Stranger Things without Hopper, like idk if I'd even want to watch that tbh

Nice job with the spoiler tags last few posts guys /s

But yeah great stuff and worth that damn wait. I rank it above season 2 but below season 1. But even season 2 is still at an enormously high bar.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Nice job with the spoiler tags last few posts guys /s
I put it under spoiler, but its kinda a general assumption that everyone who came here
1) saw the season
or
2) does not care about spoilers

Reactions: jasonleaffan

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Been ruminating on it some more. Seriously, it's still kind of unreal to me just how good this show is. In my mind, clearly the best show Netflix has done to date and has to be up there with at least the twenty best shows ever made, if not higher. But I still can't quite decide if 1 or 3 is better. I'm kinda leaning towards 1 was just a hair better, with 2 being more problematic but still better quality than most shows.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well, the end was sad, but it still an awesome season. I hope they are going to continue the show. There should be really interesting explanation how the hell
Hop ended up in a prison in Kamchatka :confused: Probably through the portal?
Well I was gonna ask if you'd seen the

End credit scene cause there's no way there isn't gonna be a stranger things 4.

I didn't want to believe that Hopper was the American they were referring to but I also for the life of me can't imagine who else they meant. Maybe the Hawkins mayor?[/spoil]

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Probably the worst of the three seasons for me. The last episode, however, was one of the best of all three season. The season as a whole was not what I was expecting. I much prefer season one and even season two was better.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
All the teen mushy stuff was pretty cringe, but overall it was decent.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This season might have been best in terms of acting, pacing, and production. That said, continuing to tell basically the same story over and over again is starting take away from the show a little bit.

Some have already pointed out...it is becoming harder and harder to buy that the upside down continues to be an issue for this one town and NO ONE seems to be doing anything about it. How the hell did the US government allow the soviets to infiltrate their country and build a super secret base under a town that should already be under constant surveillance in less than 2 years??

I know, it is a sci-fi show...but still. Season 4 really needs to go a different direction. This season also failed to shed light on any new information on what the upside down actually is...so that is something they could explore more of in the future. They also did not revisit the 11 episode from season 2...so her origin/fellow subjects could be explored more.

Over all I really enjoyed it. I love how these seasons basically run like a long movie.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Season 1 was terrific. Season 2 was not good and borderline bad.

Haven't seen 3 yet but am not optimistic

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Just started S1 this week. Five episodes in, we're really enjoying it. I hope to catch up soon so I can join in the excitement about new episodes, but my wife will slow me down as we're watching it together =P

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

This season has a fair bit of that. I know they sort of attempted to address it with the B-news video at the end, but it really seems hard to believe that the general public wouldn't have witnessed this one to an extent.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Finished season 3 today.

I personally think it was the best season. Really enjoyed it.

Reactions: SeidoN

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
If there is a 4th season they have the plot line set after the credits ran through at the end of the last episode..anybody catch that extra scene?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
If there is a 4th season they have the plot line set after the credits ran through at the end of the last episode..anybody catch that extra scene?

I think its too obvious that The American is Hopper. I do suspect that Hopper is coming back, but I think The American is someone else. I wouldnt complain if it was Hop tho

Reactions: brokenhole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad