Online Series: Stranger Things (A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Season three was pretty dope. I thought I'd get annoyed at the teen love story aspect, but they captured what young love is like really well. 'I dump your dumbass' had me laughing.

I'm assuming they'll bring the other 'numbers' back into the story for season four.

Reactions: The Gongshow

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Overall it was a highly enjoyable season for me. A lot of question Mark's regarding the Russians but that is just me trying to look to deep and just taking it for what it is...what a fun ride it was. Slightly behind season 1 for me and way better than season 2

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There were plenty of silly 80s films about Russians.

220px-Russkies.jpg

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
There were plenty of silly 80s films about Russians.

220px-Russkies.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I thought the Russian aspect was awesome as it was the cold war era. In regards to question marks I personally would of liked a bit more of a backstory on how they snuck in to the U.S. and built the mega complex BUT that is a really severe nit-pick and I realize that.

My favorite one. pretty sure they made a reference to it as well

red-dawn.jpg

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It's pretty obvious Hopper is still alive, but man did the last 15 minutes really punch me in the gut. It was so sad/well done.

Alot of people saying he jumped into the portal, but from other shots this season the portal was like 15 feet away.... plus we saw the time jump. We know its freezing in the UpsideDown, and theres no food, plus its filled with monsters... I just dont know how he would survive being there for a few weeks to a months to whenever the next time jump to S4 is.

I think he managed to escape the blast and the Russians took him and have kept him prisoner, but it could also be Brenner in the cell

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I really enjoyed this season.

Honestly, what I come away think is that Netflix is giving people too much of what they want with dumping the whole series at once. I know that is their thing, but they will never generate the kind of buzz or expectation episode to episode that series like GOT did. It would be smart if they dropped an episode a week.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
An interesting thought...maybe Hopper is immune to the blast because he's been in the Upside Down before? It would explain how he survives...though it doesn't quite explain where he goes.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
An interesting thought...maybe Hopper is immune to the blast because he's been in the Upside Down before? It would explain how he survives...though it doesn't quite explain where he goes.

What I kinda gathered trying to comprehend was that he got sucked in to the portal with the explosion and is in the upside down now. He got sucked up by the blast when it closed I thought logically.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Didn't watch the ending credits at my original watch through and was confused as how it would tie into the next season until someone told me to watch the ending credits. WATCH THE ENDING CREDITS

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Hopper isn't dead. The song they used to kick you in the gut while everyone was reacting to his death was "Heroes" by Peter Gabriel. You probably thought to yourself while watching that scene "where have I heard this song before... well....

Which, as you all recall, is when they all thought they had found Will's dead body in the lake and were all reacting to that. Mighty convenient of the show to use the same song in such a similar situation, which is itself likely telling the fans that he isn't really dead.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Especially in the movie theaters. I'm sitting there like a dumb ass through the whole credits, only to find out there wasn't an ending credit scene this time around!
I just look up if there's a post-credits scene before seeing a movie I think may have one, like Godzilla: King of the Monsters recently. Sometimes it catches you off guard though. I left the theater as the credits came up during the Suspiria remake and was shocked to learn later that there was a post-credits scene.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I just look up if there's a post-credits scene before seeing a movie I think may have one, like Godzilla: King of the Monsters recently. Sometimes it catches you off guard though. I left the theater as the credits came up during the Suspiria remake and was shocked to learn later that there was a post-credits scene.
I'm too paranoid I will come across a spoiler when googling for such things lol

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Started and finished season 3 yesterday.

I think it's the worst of the three seasons, but it's not like the show fell off a cliff or anything. If season 1 was an A from me, season two was a B, and this was a B/B-. There were some aspects I loved and others I didn't care for. The in your face 80's cliches were a bit much for me at times, more so than in previous seasons. I know that's part of the fun, but to each their own. Loved the new additions/expanded roles for some characters. Erica was awesome in her role, as was Robin. Having the characters split up and dealing with their own plots was really nice and helped keep things a bit more fresh because they weren't (in their minds at least) solving the same problem.

The parts I didn't love, aside from the cliches, was the USA vs Russia angle that doesn't really get fleshed out. It annoys me when shows cut down on the amount of episodes and then don't flesh out the stories. I could take it as an 80's thing that just needs to be accepted, but they could've done that and given us a little bit more information.

Hopper's death/non-death could've been done better I thought. Rather than alluding to his survival in a Russian prison, I would've preferred a more straightforward approach, with him maybe jumping into the Upside Down in an attempt to save himself. It would've set up an interesting situation for the next season. How do they get Hopper out while keeping everything else in? Maybe something else happens to Hopper while he's in there. I don't know, but I don't really like magically reappearances of characters to be explained later.

The Mind Flayer wasn't big enough for me and could've been a little more menacing. Part of the problem of showing a monster like that too much is that it loses a lot of scariness.

Why the heck was the Russian T-800 in the old facility when he originally fights Hopper? Was that ever explained?

Reactions: TD Charlie

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Regarding the credits scene, at least they give you a couple of clues to keep watching. The first is the sound of wind instead of music. The second, shortly after the first credit appears, is that snow starts to fall across the screen. Both are very different from the credit sequences of every other episode, so, if you're paying attention and recognize that, you should know to stick around... and you don't need to stick around long. That, IMO, is a whole lot better than movies that run the credits like normal and then suddenly append a scene at or near the end.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Do you know what annoyed me? The endless and shameless product placement. I get that you need to earn dollar bills and all, but holy crap it became obnoxious after a while.

I was honestly starting to think I was watching a Michael Bay production.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Fantastic season. Worst of the 3, but just because the first two were that good. Kinda the way toy story 4 is the worst of the 4.

Robin was such a great supporting character. Her and Murray were the stars of the season. I was glued to the TV whenever they were featured.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad