Rumor: Stone done with Ottawa? (UPDATE: Stone's statement in OP and post #116)

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I was obviously referring to Melnyk...
yup, both had said it... but for Melnyk, with the #MELNYKOUT poster and the 50% anticipated ticket sales reduction for 2018/19 (+ the merch) if he was complaining that he was losing money, I cant wait to see we'll have to say after next year, or the year after

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
yup, both had said it... but for Melnyk, with the #MELNYKOUT poster and the 50% anticipated ticket sales reduction for 2018/19 (+ the merch) if he was complaining that he was losing money, I cant wait to see we'll have to say after next year, or the year after
My only hope is that Borowieki will be the one interviewing him then as well

Reactions: GoldyNuck

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
"What I was told is that Mark Stone no longer wants to be in Ottawa" sounds pretty declarative to me.

He's saying this already happened. Past tense.

No amount of "context" is going to make that statement sound like his own personal speculation of what might happen moving forward if things don't improve.

Ya Louis Jean looking more like a Joe Louis on that one.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Wouldn't blame him. Ottawa is a fantastic city, but Melnyk and the team are just a mess. If true, this shouldn't be taken as a shot at the fans or the city.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As far as Mark Stone goes, where there's smoke there's fire. The fact that he only signed a one year deal speaks volumes.

Well Dorion threw a bucket of water on it last night when he claimed that both sides were close to a long term deal but couldn’t get it done before the arbitration hearing.

Willis

Aug 2, 2005
With the Sens not wanting to trade within the East, I actually could see the Oilers making a play sometime during the season as they will have cap space with Sekera's injury. He is a Right Winger which is what the Oilers need and the salary is only for the year. Wont be much that would go to Ottawa due to him becoming UFA at the end of the year. But it would make sense. He is a Western Canadian and would probably end up on McDavid's wing. I don't think he would mind that change in playing situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad