Rumor: Stone done with Ottawa? (UPDATE: Stone's statement in OP and post #116)

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Pretty much saw this response coming with the jettison of their franchise player. As well as the fact that they wouldn't pay him what he's worth long term. He's going to test UFA without a doubt.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
tenor.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not shocking news. He is getting traded at some point anyways. But I guess he would rather now vs at the deadline.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Stone will get 7 year $8M/year from a good team in 10 months. He's got the hammer here.

Jun 15, 2007
If Ottawa is gonna trade Stone they need someone who's signed long term so they can't bolt immediately. Also someone who's already been paid a lot of their money via bonus.

Can I interest you in Stanley Cup Winner Thomas Wilson and his best friend, Stanley Cup Winner Andre Burakovsky?

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
At this time I just feel sorry for Sens fans.

Especially given that Duchene said that he is waiting on others (namely Stone I guess) before he will make his own decision.

Also thanks to the rules, teams can't pull a SnT deal with Stone even if they tried. So either they will wait till Jan 1st and withstand all the media distraction that is bound to follow in order to hope and pray that Stone will somehow agree to a SnT with someone or he will go for pure rental value again.

What Dorion needs to do right effing now is call up Poile and work out a SnT deal involving Duchene as well or this will get really, really ugly when all he has to show for Karlsson, Stone and Duchene will be 3-5 B+ prospects and 2-3 late 1st rounders..

Reactions: maxim84

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Can't really blame him now, can we?

I think that should be pretty easy to guess after watching their last 12 months.

But still Dorion likely lives in denial.

I also don't get the talks of that they need to keep some vets and are going to sign them, sure but you can't force Stone/Duchene sign with you.
Ottawa has done everything to drive them away.

Reactions: sansabri

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Sorry Ottawa fans, but you can’t really be too upset when you get some lowball offers.
Depends if he plans to test the market or is willing to Resign
I would throw a lot at Ottawa for him under the assumption he would re-sign

Reactions: CapnZin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad