Rumor: Stone done with Ottawa? (UPDATE: Stone's statement in OP and post #116)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Seriously, the flames should send Stone to Ottawa if we can't get his brother. We need to free up salary, and Stone can be their top pairing dman (and maybe be used as leverage to keep the other Stone). He's yours for only like a 2nd or 3rd :sarcasm:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
So would you describe water as dry?

No

Water is literally hydrogen and oxygen... like literally lol... H2O you know?

Would you consider water soggy?

No

But if you pour water on the ground it would make the ground soggy

Water in of itself isn't wet, but pour it on your hands and it's YOUR HANDS that get wet

Water can make things damp, moist, soggy, soaked, wet, etc

Wetness is one of a few effects water has on things

Have you noticed that nobody ever says Sharks are wet? But the dog does get wet. Wetness is a matter of perception, the Shark wouldn't recognize itself as wet because in the ocean, dryness doesn't exist

Anyhow replying "is water wet?" in a sarcastic manner to "Stone Wants Out of Ottawa" meaning "what else is new?" is ironic; sarcasm is a sign of intelligence yet the guy doesn't have the knowledge that water isn't wet.
It ruins his sarcastic joke, it was funny is all

Reactions: Umbrella

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Close thread? Seems pretty clear that this rumour is BS from Stone's response.

Even if it were true, what did you expect Stone to say?

"yes, the report was true...i want to get the f*** out of Ottawa asap"

An NHL player could say he saw a pig fly and people would believe him. You guys need to realize they will instantly lie to the media if the truth risks putting them in a bad light.

Reactions: Oryxo

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Of course Stone denied the rumor, it's what they have to do. But IMO it has been obvious for some time that he will be testing teh UFA market next summer if he's not traded.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Did Louis Jean write an article or say it in a segment? I wonder if he was misquoted(no context) by his own station or if he purposely said that.

Either way, water is wet. Say what you want but Stone is a very talented player and Ottawa isn't exactly getting more studs...Stone would be insane to not be frustrated or at least question if Ottawa is the place he should be. As would Duchene.

It's not a slight on Ottawa and I mean no disrespect but you lose Hoffman and Karlsson and you were bottom 5 before that? The owner isn't very conducive to success either.

Stone SHOULD look around and test market IMO. Again, not a shot at Ottawa but they're going to a rebuild...they'll be fine but it won't be pretty next few years.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Of course Stone denied the rumor, it's what they have to do. But IMO it has been obvious for some time that he will be testing teh UFA market next summer if he's not traded.

Everything is always so obvious which is why every is always so correct

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
No

Water is literally hydrogen and oxygen... like literally lol... H2O you know?

Would you consider water soggy?

No

But if you pour water on the ground it would make the ground soggy

Water in of itself isn't wet, but pour it on your hands and it's YOUR HANDS that get wet

Water can make things damp, moist, soggy, soaked, wet, etc

Wetness is one of a few effects water has on things

Have you noticed that nobody ever says Sharks are wet? But the dog does get wet. Wetness is a matter of perception, the Shark wouldn't recognize itself as wet because in the ocean, dryness doesn't exist

Anyhow replying "is water wet?" in a sarcastic manner to "Stone Wants Out of Ottawa" meaning "what else is new?" is ironic; sarcasm is a sign of intelligence yet the guy doesn't have the knowledge that water isn't wet.
It ruins his sarcastic joke, it was funny is all
Haha I get where you are coming from. I was just messing around, but since you took the time typing that out I guess I should respond why it is silly to be so dogmatic on this. You are using the word "wet" in a strictly scientific way. The average person would not define matter as being wet based on the number of molecules it has. Wet can be defined as the feeling you get when water comes into contact with you, or even just as something made of liquid. That is why the word "wet" shares the same etymology as the word "water".

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If I was a Ottawa fan I wouldn't be expecting him back. Not with all the craziness that has gone on there the last year.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Couldn't this just be Ottawa management leaking false info out there to soften the blow of trading another star player?

Kind of like how Karlsson was apparently greedy and uncommitted. Then boom, gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad