Rumor: Stone done with Ottawa? (UPDATE: Stone's statement in OP and post #116)

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
This was a REALLY strong denial though, and then the reporter totally backtracked, saying he was misinterpreted and making it clear he didn’t have reliable sources. Normal denials from players when they really do want out are much softer.

I’m a Leafs fan, not a Sens fan, so I have nothing vested in Stone staying with the Oilers, but this whole story screams “BS”.

man I wish XD

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Love to see the Blues make a move for him. Just don’t know if they could afford to extend him with Pietrangelo, Schenn and Schwartz coming due soon.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So what? Karlsson ended up being traded after the deadline anyways. Most people (the ones posting here) are of the thought that players wouldn't want to be around the on-ice product and/or off-ice drama in Ottawa.

He was never going to be traded before the deadline, that's my point.

And again it's based on nothing but speculation from this board based on how people believe Stone perceives the situation. Kind of silly to say it isn't realistic for Stone to stay.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He was never going to be traded before the deadline, that's my point.

And again it's based on nothing but speculation from this board based on how people believe Stone perceives the situation. Kind of silly to say it isn't realistic for Stone to stay.

That's part of what this board is about.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
Ottawa hasn't made it clear enough that they don't like trading their assets within the division/conference?

More importantly... You think Melnyk is gonna pay Bogo $12M over the next two years?!

At first I read this as "Boro," and I thought "ya, I could see him doing that."

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Mark Stone tells Bruce Garrioch that he felt they were close on a long term deal. Is optimistic that they will be able to bridge the cap in January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad