Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I see the only realistic options for the Flames AHL Affiliate being Stockton, Fresno, Sacramento, Boise or Salt Lake City.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I see the only realistic options for the Flames AHL Affiliate being Stockton, Fresno, Sacramento, Boise or Salt Lake City.
Salt Lake or West Valley City is a likely not an option, the market was tried from 2001-06, AFTER the collapse of the IHL dual lawsuits filed between Dallas over PDC, and then Phoenix/Arizona HAVING TO SCRAMBLE once the Grizzlies ownership elected to bail on the AHL, to return to the ECHL.....

Idaho is a Stars affiliate as far as I know of..... and they were considered heavily if Seattle hadn't decided on Palm Springs.....

Fresno nor Sacramento seem inclined to have any interest, and especially more so now that the Kings G-League affiliate have aligned there in Stockton alongside the Heat as a co-tenant..... Fresno, is like Abbotsford, I believe I just don't know if there's enough of a fanbase there now with Palm Springs looming on the horizon, had San Jose not stayed there alongside their parent club, that could've worked

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What with the Flames starting the season I haven't been paying much attention to the goalie situation in Stockton and Kansas City.
A little research shows me that Anton Zagidulin is playing in Stockton (4 games) and Nick Schneider played 1 game in Stockton but was reassigned to Kansas City on Oct 16.

What is happening or happened to Gillies and Parsons?

Edit: More research has given me the answer to what's happening with Gillies and Parsons.
Parsons is with the Kansas City Mavericks and has a week to week LBI. Gillies is with the Stockton Heat and has a day to day LBI.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What with the Flames starting the season I haven't been paying much attention to the goalie situation in Stockton and Kansas City.
A little research shows me that Anton Zagidulin is playing in Stockton (4 games) and Nick Schneider played 1 game in Stockton but was reassigned to Kansas City on Oct 16.

What is happening or happened to Gillies and Parsons?

Edit: More research has given me the answer to what's happening with Gillies and Parsons.
Parsons is with the Kansas City Mavericks and has a week to week LBI. Gillies is with the Stockton Heat and has a day to day LBI.
Schneider was reassigned to KC yesterday IIRC, so it likely means Gillies is ready to go now.

And I am not sure where you read Parsons was reassigned to KC, but he has not. Players cannot be officially reassigned while injured. Per AHL.com Parsons is still on the Stockton roster and that site is surprisingly good at keeping rosters up to date with amount of recalls and reassignments happening.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Stockton added another W tonight, they are now 4-1-0. The score was 5-1 over the Gulls. Froese had a pair, Lomberg, Robinson and Leslie had the other goals. Dube & Quine each had a pair of helpers. Leslie, Phillips, Hamilton, Davidson & Yelesin also had assists.

Froese Leads the Heat in points (6), followed by Davidson, Gawdin and Dube (5).
Froses & Robinson lead in goals (4), followed by Leslie, Lomberg, Phillips & Tuulola (2)
Pospisil leads in PIMs (21) and is among the league leaders. That said, 17 of those PIMs came tonight from instigating a fight (5+2+10).

The Heat's 21 goals for is 2nd best in the AHL at the moment. Their 14 GA is middle of the pack.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Schneider was reassigned to KC yesterday IIRC, so it likely means Gillies is ready to go now.

And I am not sure where you read Parsons was reassigned to KC, but he has not. Players cannot be officially reassigned while injured. Per AHL.com Parsons is still on the Stockton roster and that site is surprisingly good at keeping rosters up to date with amount of recalls and reassignments happening.
Took me forever to find where I got the info about Parsons... But here it is...
FlamesNation prospect update: Everything is possible in this life

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Stockton added another W tonight, they are now 4-1-0. The score was 5-1 over the Gulls. Froese had a pair, Lomberg, Robinson and Leslie had the other goals. Dube & Quine each had a pair of helpers. Leslie, Phillips, Hamilton, Davidson & Yelesin also had assists.

Froese Leads the Heat in points (6), followed by Davidson, Gawdin and Dube (5).
Froses & Robinson lead in goals (4), followed by Leslie, Lomberg, Phillips & Tuulola (2)
Pospisil leads in PIMs (21) and is among the league leaders. That said, 17 of those PIMs came tonight from instigating a fight (5+2+10).

The Heat's 21 goals for is 2nd best in the AHL at the moment. Their 14 GA is middle of the pack.
Was curious as to who was in goal for the Heat... So I looked it up. It was Gillies. 24 SOG. Looks like he played very well. .958 Sv% in his 1st game of the season.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Was curious as to who was in goal for the Heat... So I looked it up. It was Gillies. 24 SOG. Looks like he played very well. .958 Sv% in his 1st game of the season.
You know, of all the things I looked at, that was not one of them, I just assumed it was Zags.

Although I do find it interesting that they will go with Zags against Bakersfield tonight (I assume anyways), when he was yanked against them Tuesday after letting in 4 goals on 11 shots.

Also the next 3 games should be entertaining as f***, all against the Condors. Stockton and Bakersfield were already massive rivals before they were Flames/Oilers affiliates and the Heat's next 3 games are all against the Condors (the bad guys have 1 game against Ontario mid-week) but 4 meetings 12 days and you know things are going to get (pardon the pun) heated.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
thankfully he fell down on his ass and not face first like many do when they are knocked out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Secondary to Pospisil's health. The Heat won 4-3, with E2 getting the winner midway through teh 3rd after the Heat blew a 3-0 lead. Zags stopped 24 of 27. Phillips, Davidson & Robinson also scored. Quine had a pair of helpers, Gawdin & Dube each had 1 apple.

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
How has Dube been so far for the start of the year? I know everyone was super high on him because of last year but no goals in 6 games so far isn’t as good as I had hoped

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
How has Dube been so far for the start of the year? I know everyone was super high on him because of last year but no goals in 6 games so far isn’t as good as I had hoped
I haven't seen anything but highlights but the guy is point/game in the AHL despite scoring no goals on 14 shots. If he were to shoot the same percentage as last year he'd have 1 or more likely 2 goals with rounding. He'll breakout sooner or later and probably force his way onto the NHL roster if we can afford it.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
sounds like the immediate future of the Heat could be settled, or have a clearer direction by Friday, there's a presser scheduled to clarify the franchise future .

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Heat won last night against San Jose 3-2 in a shootout. Gillies stopped 30 of 32 shots in his third game of the season and now sports a 1.59 GAA and 0.934 Sv%. Heat are rolling and hold first place in the Pacific Division with a 7-1-1 record. What a difference a year makes!

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Heat won last night against San Jose 3-2 in a shootout. Gillies stopped 30 of 32 shots in his third game of the season and now sports a 1.59 GAA and 0.934 Sv%. Heat are rolling and hold first place in the Pacific Division with a 7-1-1 record. What a difference a year makes!

Can't help but wonder if Talbot is gonna get the Lack treatment if Gilles doesn't slow down. I don't think Talbot is playing Lack's level when he was here, but Rittich wasn't playing like Gilles is now either.

Reactions: Nanuuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad