Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Can't help but wonder if Talbot is gonna get the Lack treatment if Gilles doesn't slow down. I don't think Talbot is playing Lack's level when he was here, but Rittich wasn't playing like Gilles is now either.

That would be nice. Gillies need to have a good long stretch of AHL hockey though. I think the worst thing we could possibly do is bring him up now that he is having some success as a pro in Stockton.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
That would be nice. Gillies need to have a good long stretch of AHL hockey though. I think the worst thing we could possibly do is bring him up now that he is having some success as a pro in Stockton.

Agreed. If by Christmas he's still doing well then I start to consider it, especially if Brad can find a home for Talbot and his cap hit.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Burned too many times by a hot AHL goalie doing SFA in the NHL. I'm in no rush to jettison Talbot; if Gillies can perform at this level until the end of the year, yeah then maybe you don't bother re-signing Talbot and hope Gillies can be backup next year.

I think ideally you get some time to see if Gilles can play at an NHL level sometime in the late winter in that scenario. Ideally anways.

I'd hate to see us pencil him in and he's more of a Sparks than a Binnington.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Salt Lake or West Valley City is a likely not an option, the market was tried from 2001-06, AFTER the collapse of the IHL dual lawsuits filed between Dallas over PDC, and then Phoenix/Arizona HAVING TO SCRAMBLE once the Grizzlies ownership elected to bail on the AHL, to return to the ECHL.....

Idaho is a Stars affiliate as far as I know of..... and they were considered heavily if Seattle hadn't decided on Palm Springs.....

Fresno nor Sacramento seem inclined to have any interest, and especially more so now that the Kings G-League affiliate have aligned there in Stockton alongside the Heat as a co-tenant..... Fresno, is like Abbotsford, I believe I just don't know if there's enough of a fanbase there now with Palm Springs looming on the horizon, had San Jose not stayed there alongside their parent club, that could've worked
Ha, ha...Fresno is full of street thugs, druggie-bugs and baseball, college football fans. Good luck surviving an AHL affiliate there without compensating for and paying lots out of your own pockets as a team! Kids may grow on it but their parents probably wouldn't support it.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Agree. Let Gillies prove his improvement, steadily and over a longer range. Then promote if proving solid improvement. He's faltered a few times in the past, albeit very young stages as it goes for goalies entering the pros. I was losing faith in his abilities to become valuable in a Flames jersey. No need to rush him back up as per current tending.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
After losing in OT to Tucson they'll get a chance to redeem themselves in Tucson Friday, then they face Tucson on Saturday then they wont have to face Tucson again until... Nov 15th for the 4th time in 5 games.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
We need to fire everyone involved in our goalie developmental/ coaching pathway. Goalies do not get better while playing for this organization. Many of then seen confused/ get noticeably worse. I say we should totally gut that area of operations and start from scratch.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Shill also had an assist for a 4 point night. 2 PP goals. Still ended up -3 so he was on the ice when the Heat were being scored upon.
According to Wes Gilbertson it was a 5 point night. Did something happen where they gave an assist to someone else?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
We need to fire everyone involved in our goalie developmental/ coaching pathway. Goalies do not get better while playing for this organization. Many of then seen confused/ get noticeably worse. I say we should totally gut that area of operations and start from scratch.

We had this discussion a few years ago. IMO, I want Sean Burke. But dude wants to be an AGM, so I don’t know if we can fit him in since we have like 3 of them? Most of the other good goalie coaches aren’t available.

We also had a discussion a few months ago and we realized that Sigalet has never worked with a goalie for more than 2 seasons with the exception of Gilles and Rittich. How is the guy supposed to develop goalies when he doesn’t even get time to work with them?

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I’m looking at how the David Rittich narrative has developed and wondering why we’re talking about replacing the goalie coach?

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I’m looking at how the David Rittich narrative has developed and wondering why we’re talking about replacing the goalie coach?
Rittich was already fairly polished when we signed him. He was 26 years old and playing pro in the Czech league for a couple years already before we brought him over. At most it was adapting him to the NA game rather than developing him as a pro (obviously, there has been some development still, but whether that is because of Sigalet, how he trains in the off-season, or even some mentorship from guys like Smith, who Rittich heavily credits for some of his development, is to be seen). His development with any other goalie has been spotty and unproven (with a few unfortunate injuries to our top goaltending prospects in the last couple years, such as Parsons and Gillies).

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Phillips, Dube and Gawdin are all at or above 1 point per game.

I wonder if any of them could provide more than Mark "9 Shots and 0 points through 17 games" Jankowski

Or you know any of the other parts of our bottom 6.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Phillips, Dube and Gawdin are all at or above 1 point per game.

I wonder if any of them could provide more than Mark "9 Shots and 0 points through 17 games" Jankowski

Or you know any of the other parts of our bottom 6.
He's played 9 mins or less in 5 out of the last 6 games. What's the point? Just waive him and let him play through his funk down in Stockton and add some jump back to the 4th line with someone hungrier

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
He's played 9 mins or less in 5 out of the last 6 games. What's the point? Just waive him and let him play through his funk down in Stockton and add some jump back to the 4th line with someone hungrier

He wouldn’t clear waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad