Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No points for Dube through three games? Wonder if sending him down was a blow to his confidence. Stockton isn't short on goals either.
He did well in the same situation last year. It's been two games, so I wouldn't sound the alarm yet.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Big Dick Arty Party?

giphy.gif

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I would love to see the Flames AHL club play out of Calgary. There are a lot of fans in this city that can't afford decent tickets (non nose bleed) to watch the Flames play that would probably jump at the chance to buy tickets to Heat games. How could this not be a win-win situation for both the Flames and their fans?

Reactions: Nanuuk

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
**** you and **** your idea.
Roughnecks is one of those underappreciated tickets in town. 20 bucks, dome beers, get rowdy... she's a good time.
If I had a choice between the two, I'd rather go watch the Heat.

Btw, lower level game day tickets to see the Heat in Stockton are $22 USD and $28 USD. 2nd level GDT's are $16 USD and $22 USD. I'm making the assumption that if the Heat moved to Calgary the price structure would be fairly similar.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
They had one in BC, I wonder what is going on with them?

When the team was in Abbotsford, the majority of their games were played in the East IIRC. I honestly think the Flames were like the only team out West at the time, which was why it was moved to Adirondack, then to Stockton once other teams relocated teams to the West or something weird like that.

Anyone able to properly explain what the insanity of the situation was at the time? (I only have slightly more than the basic gist of it)

I would love to see the Flames AHL club play out of Calgary. There are a lot of fans in this city that can't afford decent tickets (non nose bleed) to watch the Flames play that would probably jump at the chance to buy tickets to Heat games. How could this not be a win-win situation for both the Flames and their fans?

I'm actually more curious to know if there's any WHL cities that could host an AHL team as well. This with Seattle entering the fray (ie: A NW AHL division)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wonder if the Flames are hoping to have their AHL club a little closer to home, like we've seen some other franchises pursue recently?
Probably playing hardball to get arena improvements. Part of the problem when they were in Abbotsford is they were far enough from other teams that they had to pay for opposition travel to the city.

Flames were key players in creating this Pacific division with fewer GP, I don't see them abandoning that.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
When the team was in Abbotsford, the majority of their games were played in the East IIRC. I honestly think the Flames were like the only team out West at the time, which was why it was moved to Adirondack, then to Stockton once other teams relocated teams to the West or something weird like that.

Anyone able to properly explain what the insanity of the situation was at the time? (I only have slightly more than the basic gist of it)

I'm actually more curious to know if there's any WHL cities that could host an AHL team as well. This with Seattle entering the fray (ie: A NW AHL division)
the basic gist of the Pacific Division, began with your former GM Brian Burke back in 2006, it wasn't until 2014-15 that it became reality as the topic was revisited from time to time, but due to existing agreements by LA/SJ, until those teams got aboard, did it become more of a reality..... as for the Flames /Heat/Abbotsford, the trend du jour at the time was a ten year lease, much like what the Heat/Flames have with Stockton being a 5 year lease, the deal was at the time, Abbotsford had the rights to renew or exercise the 2nd 5 year deal, much like the Heat now are talking with Stockton about staying there. Calgary also rebuffed efforts from Vancouver had the Canucks had their own affiliate like they do in Utica, which wasn't available at the time.... that's why Calgary brought Adirondack into the mix, essentially swapping the two, as LA did with Manchester and Ontario, and the SJ deal in Worcester was expiring in '14, paving the way for the Sharks to bring them back and they're now the Barracuda, which, for all intents was thought to be a short-term fix, but it appears the Sharks like having the affiliate side by side or 2 minutes from them....

It's highly doubtful you'll see any WHL markets be pushed OUT or replaced BY A PRO A/ECHL franchise as Seattle has rejected that proposal for Palm Springs next season, usually the MO, or the agreement has been not to enter an existing established market and Seattle likely doesn't want to alienate any potential fanbases that they can draw from as they establish themselves.

Hope that helps answer the questions you have, as Stockton was born in Portland 42 years ago, as a Flyers affiliate an an unheard expansion fee of $125K

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
the basic gist of the Pacific Division, began with your former GM Brian Burke back in 2006, it wasn't until 2014-15 that it became reality as the topic was revisited from time to time, but due to existing agreements by LA/SJ, until those teams got aboard, did it become more of a reality..... as for the Flames /Heat/Abbotsford, the trend du jour at the time was a ten year lease, much like what the Heat/Flames have with Stockton being a 5 year lease, the deal was at the time, Abbotsford had the rights to renew or exercise the 2nd 5 year deal, much like the Heat now are talking with Stockton about staying there. Calgary also rebuffed efforts from Vancouver had the Canucks had their own affiliate like they do in Utica, which wasn't available at the time.... that's why Calgary brought Adirondack into the mix, essentially swapping the two, as LA did with Manchester and Ontario, and the SJ deal in Worcester was expiring in '14, paving the way for the Sharks to bring them back and they're now the Barracuda, which, for all intents was thought to be a short-term fix, but it appears the Sharks like having the affiliate side by side or 2 minutes from them....

It's highly doubtful you'll see any WHL markets be pushed OUT or replaced BY A PRO A/ECHL franchise as Seattle has rejected that proposal for Palm Springs next season, usually the MO, or the agreement has been not to enter an existing established market and Seattle likely doesn't want to alienate any potential fanbases that they can draw from as they establish themselves.

Hope that helps answer the questions you have, as Stockton was born in Portland 42 years ago, as a Flyers affiliate an an unheard expansion fee of $125K

Neat. Thanks!

I just want to mention that Burke was never GM. He was our POHO and was acting GM for a few months between firing Feaster and hiring Treliving.

I also didn't intend to push out any WHL teams. I was just musing as to whether there were any WHL teams with an underutilized arena with a fan base that could support both WHL/AHL teams without cannibalizing the WHL team. But what you mentioned does make sense.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Neat. Thanks!

I just want to mention that Burke was never GM. He was our POHO and was acting GM for a few months between firing Feaster and hiring Treliving.

I also didn't intend to push out any WHL teams. I was just musing as to whether there were any WHL teams with an underutilized arena with a fan base that could support both WHL/AHL teams without cannibalizing the WHL team.
Treliving also had connections to Portland and Petrovek, when Calgary hired him as well.... did you know that Burke's only season of being a player was spent in Portland, as well.

as to the WHL angle, I think that's why Seattle ruled out tWashington throughout the discussions and the "rivalry" between Seattle and Portland, OR, Rules out the Winterhawks being replaced.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Treliving also had connections to Portland and Petrovek, when Calgary hired him as well.... did you know that Burke's only season of being a player was spent in Portland, as well.

as to the WHL angle, I think that's why Seattle ruled out tWashington throughout the discussions and the "rivalry" between Seattle and Portland, OR, Rules out the Winterhawks being replaced.

So... Flames move their affiliate from Stockton to Portland where they coexist nicely. Seattle establishes their farm team in Stockton. Win win for everyone? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad