Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Why wouldn’t he?

Because he’s a big 25 year old C that put up ~15 goals and ~30 points in each of his first two seasons. He can kill penalties and has a low cap hit. Plus he has draft pedigree

A team like Ottawa or Detroit would 100% claim him just to give him a fresh look and see if he does anything. We gave up a 2nd for Lazar lol

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
There's no way Jankowski would get claimed.

He has 0 points this year and is the worst player on this team. His regression went from downhill fast to flat out he can't play at this level anymore.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Everyone passed on 26 year old Toby Rieder who was available at a much lower cap hit. Doubt anyone would put a claim in for Jankowski
if reider was put on waivers 20 games after putting up 35pts the season prior he prob would get claimed as a bounce back candidate. janko has to suck like this for over a year for other teams not to take a flyer imo. janko still has that comeau vibe when we claimed him

Reactions: InfinityIggy

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Everyone passed on 26 year old Toby Rieder who was available at a much lower cap hit. Doubt anyone would put a claim in for Jankowski

Jank has to go the whole year without scoring to match Rieder

Nobody should claim Jank but there are always some idiots that dont do their home work...

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'd be shocked if some team didn't claim Jankowski if he was waived as he has a number of things going for him, despite having an awful start to this year.

1. 25 years old
2. $1.65M cap hit who's still an RFA at the end of the year.
3. Plays center
4. 169 NHL game experience scoring at .34 pts/gm
5. Can kill penalties

Given the state of Edmonton's bottom 6, do you really think that they would take a pass on claiming him? ... and that's not counting the many other teams that have a lot more available cap space than Edmonton.

Waiving Jankowski would be a huge mistake.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I would just bench instead of waiving him but being claimed doesnt mean he will be a good player.

Unless he can magically find some compete and toughness, he will be nothing more than a filler on any team.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Heat have recalled 24 yr old RW Matt Gaudreau from the Reading Royals. Makes me wonder if a RW will be called up by the Flames which makes me wonder if someone on the current roster is about to depart.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat have recalled 24 yr old RW Matt Gaudreau from the Reading Royals. Makes me wonder if a RW will be called up by the Flames which makes me wonder if someone on the current roster is about to depart.
It is more likely there is someone sick/injured, or someone else is going down to the ECHL.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Luke Philp is smokin' hot right now. Tonight he scored his 12th and 13th goals of the season. In the past 7 games he's scored 9 goals.

Reactions: Schred

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I've really liked these free players and late rounders Brad's been accumulating over the last few years.
- Mangi is playing very well in the NHL.
- Ritter is our f***ing 1G and playing at an all-star level.
- Philip is finding his stride in pro hockey.
- Phillips is a monster in the AHL.
- Zavgorodniy is doing some silly things in junior.
- Wolf is the best goalie potentially in the CHL.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So not a single prospect in the WJC?

I know it's not everything but good job Brad and Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad