Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Do you guys have any faith in Luke Philp? He's been doing well in the AHL. Maybe as a bottom 6, 13th forward?

Not really. He's 25 years old. Might be something there as a late bloomer I guess. Smart player with a good shot but I don't think his skating is or ever will be NHL level.

I'd put it around 50/50 he gets another deal with the Flames.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Do you guys have any faith in Luke Philp? He's been doing well in the AHL. Maybe as a bottom 6, 13th forward?
Yes. Continually the most impactful forward on the Heat when I watch. Admittedly not much, only 2/3 times this year and a handful last year, but going off those games, he’s got a shot for sure. If not here than somewhere else.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sounds a bit like Derek Ryan?

Yeah that's the comparison that often gets brought up with Philp. Both are Golden Bear Alumni and play similar styles but I don't think he's quite the playmaker Ryan is. Was worth a look in Stockton and has played well enough to be worth another look but wouldn't surprise me if they cut bait either.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Does that mean he's heading to Stockton now? I was wondering how this guy was looking.
Parsons also going to Stockton...was he on the bubble team, or just not active?
Parsons just recovered from ankle surgery

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Does that mean he's heading to Stockton now? I was wondering how this guy was looking.
Parsons also going to Stockton...was he on the bubble team, or just not active?
Afaik Solovyov and Kuznetsov are going to be playing for Stockton under different circumstances. Kuznetsov is under contract now and will start with the Heat, whereas Solovyov's contract starts next season so he will be on a proffessional tryout of some kind with the Heat. Either way I'm under the impression they'll be skating with the team after their quarantines are done.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I don't know what happened to the prospec thread so I'm just gonna drop the Ryan Francis love in here

Edit: nevermind, I found it. Sorted by start date instead of last message :oops:

He is now tied with Dawson Mercer for the best point pace in the Q from the 2020 draft, ahead of the likes of Lapierre and Bourque. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; our scouts crushed the 2020 draft.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Is this good?

That definitely looks good. It shows that Pelletier's team has definitely been better 5v5 (could just be a dominant team though). But you take into account the Pelletier is the primary mover on over half those goals, and it shows that he's a major part (alongside the goalie) of why they are dominant 5v5.

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin

Because who doesn't like seeing a goalie blocker someone. And only get 2. Seriously. Blockering someone should be 5 and a game. I think this was Saturday night, if I'm reading the scoresheet right.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Because who doesn't like seeing a goalie blocker someone. And only get 2. Seriously. Blockering someone should be 5 and a game. I think this was Saturday night, if I'm reading the scoresheet right.

well the forward acted like a human bowling ball on the play... can’t really blame the goalie can you?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Ruzicka with a nice dangle and then Phillips ends it in the shootout after Yelesin tied it up with a bomb in the third to end a 5 game losing streak for the Heat.

Who's that goalie Shortridge? I can't keep track of all these goalies....
Also looks like they had another new face....Mutter from the OHL, and Duehr from College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad